Should I Pay or Challenge a PCN?
Parking tickets can be inconvenient and annoying, forcing you to spend money out of your pocket to get the ticket resolved. While many penalty charge notices are the result of simple misunderstandings, there are times when you might feel the need to dispute a PCN. If you feel as though you were unfairly given a PCN, you can contest it with the help of DoNotPay.
In addition to giving you the necessary tools for contesting PCN pay, this guide will also help you understand how to pay PCN without hassle. Penalty charge notices are never welcome but with DoNotPay's assistance, they don't have to throw a wrench in your day.
What Is a PCN?
A PCN is also known as a penalty charge notice. They are typically issued for routine parking violations and will often be left on your vehicle by the appropriate authorities. If you realize that you have a PCN, you might start to panic, but you should know that a PCN is a civil charge rather than a criminal one, with the only recourse being a fine that you will be asked to pay. Here are some other important things to know about PCNs:
- You have the option to contest a PCN if you feel as though it is unfair.
- In most cases, you can pay a PCN from home.
- Being given a penalty charge notice doesn't mean that you are guilty of the parking violation.
How to Handle PCN Pay
If you think that you were fairly charged with the penalty charge notice, you can pay it without further stress or frustration. You typically have 28 days to pay the fine, although special circumstances might apply and that time could be shortened. To handle PCN pay on your own, you can visit their website. From there, follow the steps outlined below:
1. Enter the PCN number
You will need to enter the notice number that is on your PCN through the website. If the number is entered correctly, the amount of the fine that you are being charged should display on the screen. Once the details of your PCN appear on the screen, and you have verified that they apply to you, you can move on to the next step.
2. Pay the Fine
Enter your financial details and pay the fine. Ensure that all of your information is correct before confirming your payment since you likely won't have a chance to go back and correct this later.
3. Wait for Confirmation
You should receive confirmation through the website as well as directly to your email address once the PCN pay is completed. It could take a few hours or even a day or two before you receive that email confirmation, so is on the lookout and watch your spam folders as well.
How to Contest a PCN on Your Own
If you think that you were given a PCN unfairly, you have the right to contest the parking ticket. Here is what to know about contesting a PCN on your own:
- You must contest the PCN within 28 days.
- Rules for different types of PCN can vary, so you will need to check with the appropriate authority before contesting it.
- Your first step is usually by making an informal challenge. If that is rejected, you can then make a formal challenge. The process for a formal challenge can take longer and might involve getting legal help.
- To learn more about how to contest a PCN, go to their website.
|PCN Online Parking fines and penalty charge notices||Official Website|
|PCN Dispute||Challenge a Parking Fine|
|PCN Payment||Pay a Parking Fine|
All in all, it can be very stressful to try to fight a PCN on your own. If you want assistance in contesting a parking ticket, you can utilize DoNotPay's service to make the process quick and easy.
Fight Your PCN With the Help of DoNotPay
DoNotPay can help you fight your parking ticket. With us in your corner, you can prevent headaches and possibly even save money. Here's what to do:
DoNotPay can help you fight your parking ticket (again for UK users, we cannot mail the letter)
- Log-in to DoNotPay and go to the Ticket Disputes category. Select the Parking Ticket product.
- Upload a photo of your citation.
- Provide us with some details on why you believe the citation issued is a mistake.
- That’s it! You’ll receive an appeal letter that contains the best argument to win your case.
It's that simple! You can use the carefully crafted appeal letter provided by DoNotPay to serve as your argument when you challenge your ticket.
DoNotPay Makes It Easy to Contest Parking Tickets
DoNotPay is the best way to manage, pay and dispute parking tickets. Here's how DoNotPay can help you with PCN questions and concerns:
- Handle LA parking tickets
- Dispute NYC parking tickets
- Seattle parking tickets
- Islington PCN
- Handle Birmingham Gov
- TFL PCN questions
- How long can a PCN be issued after the offence?
- San Jose parking tickets
- Pay Chicago parking tickets