Contact The Polish Consulate In New York

iEditorial Note: These blog posts represent the opinion of DoNotPay’s Writers, but each person’s situation and circumstances vary greatly. As a result, you should make sure to do your own independent research. Because everyone is unique, our self-help tools are never guaranteed to help with any specific situation. DoNotPay is not a law firm and is not licensed to practice law. DoNotPay provides a platform for legal information and self-help.

Get in Touch With The Polish Consulate In New York

The Polish Consulate in New York covers 10 American states, including:

  • Connecticut
  • Delaware
  • Maine
  • Massachusetts
  • New Hampshire
  • New Jersey
  • New York
  • Ohio
  • Pennsylvania
  • Rhode Island
  • Vermont

If you do not reside in any of these states, other consulates may better assist you.

How the Polish Consulate in New York Can Help You

The Polish Consulate in New York provides a variety of consular services, including:

  • Issuing Passports
  • Issuing Visas
  • Renewing Passports
  • Consular Protection

Legal Issues Services

Legalization of Official Documents

  • Apostille Documentation
  • Legalization of Documents

Civil Status

  • Registration of foreign marriage certificates in Poland
  • Registration of foreign birth certificates in Poland
  • Registration of foreign death certificates in Poland
  • Acknowledgment of Polish paternity

Notarial Issues

  • Certifying a signature
  • Certifying a copy


  • Making translations
  • Certifying translations

Certificates allowing Repatriation of Remains or Ashes into Poland

  • You must submit a burial permit and a copy of a death certificate


  • Granting citizenship
  • Confirming citizenship
  • Restoring citizenship
  • Renouncing citizenship

Inheritance Proceedings

  • Securing and executing Polish property rights concerning inheritances and donations

Transport of Arms and Ammunition

  • Certificate entitling you to carry arms through Poland
  • Certificate entitling Polish citizens to import arms and ammunition for personal use
  • Certificate entitling to important and export arms for widespread sale

How to Obtain or Renew a Polish Passport?

Typically, Polish citizens abroad can use consulates to fulfill their passport needs and obligations. These include two types of passports, long-term passports, and temporary passports.

Long Term Passports

  • Entitle you to cross borders and stay abroad
  • Confirm Polish identity
  • Confirm your identity
  • For citizens under 13, this passport is valid for 5 years
  • For citizens over 13, the passport is valid for 10 years

Temporary Passports

Temporary passports (valid for 12 months) allow you to:

  • Stay in Poland and return to your place of residence
  • Stay abroad while waiting for a Polish passport
  • Stay in Poland and abroad in the case of an urgent family emergency or funeral
  • Stay in Poland with regards to your work activities
  • Withhold of fingerprinting temporarily

Processing Fees

The standard fee of issuing a passport is $163 and temporary passports cost around $75. To collect your passport, you will have to return to the same office where it was “lodged” (your application was filed).

Lost Passports

  • If you are abroad, you must report a lost Polish passport to a consular office immediately
  • Go to a consulate office and fill out a “lost passport” form, invalidating your passport. If you find your passport, you may not use it — using the passport may lead to legal repercussions
  • In the case that a passport is lost, you can be issued a temporary passport to either leave a foreign country to return to Poland or to stay in Poland until a new passport is issued

Polish Visas: Explained

There are 3 types of Polish visas; before you travel, it is important to decide which visa you will need.

Airport Transit Schengen Visa (A-Type)

If you plan to pass through an international transit area of a Schengen airport with a passport that is from:

  • Afghanistan
  • Bangladesh
  • Democratic Republic of Congo
  • Eritrea
  • Ethiopia
  • Ghana
  • Iran
  • Iraq
  • Nigeria
  • Pakistan
  • Somalia
  • Sri Lanka

Schengen Visa (C-Type)

If you plan to stay in Poland or Schengen area countries for a maximum of 90 days in a 180-day duration. You can apply for this if:

  • Poland is your sole destination
  • You plan to visit more than one Schengen country but Poland is your main destination
  • You do not know which Schengen country is your main destination, but you will cross the Schengen border for the first time in Poland

National Visa (D-Type)

  • If you want to stay in Poland for more than 90 days in any circumstances, you have to apply for this visa. You will need to reapply in 1 year if you seek things like asylum, repatriation, or a Polish Card

How to Contact the Polish Consulate in New York?

AddressThe Consulate General of Poland in New York

233 Madison Avenue, New York, NY

Office HoursMonday to Friday

8:30 a.m. — 2:30 p.m.

Directions from New York City’s Grand Central Station

  1. Head northwest on East 41st Street toward Pershing Square
  2. Turn left onto Park Ave
  3. Turn right onto East 37th Street

Let DoNotPay Do the Work For You!

understands how time-consuming it is to write emails, find correct addresses, and not receive timely replies to urgent matters that deeply concern you. Let our AI-powered AI Consumer Champion handle everything for you! To contact any Consulate or Embassy, all you need to do is:

1. Enter “Contact Embassy” on .

2. Choose if you want to contact a foreign embassy or consulate in the U.S.

3. Explain your issue and any questions you may have.

4. Tell DoNotPay which embassy or consulate you want to contact by typing in the country.

That’s all! With DoNotPay, you can expect a timely response from any consulate or embassy to your issue by email!

Who Else Can DoNotPay Help You Contact?

  • Chinese Consulate (Los Angeles, Chicago, New York)
  • Philippine Consulate (Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York)
  • Nigerian Consulate (Atlanta)
  • Russian Embassy (Washington, D.C.)
  • Indian Consulate (New York, Chicago, Houston)
  • Brazilian Consulate (Miami)

Want your issue solved now?