How to Challenge a PCN From Leicester
If you have received a that you feel is unfair or incorrect, you may want to appeal the charge. But where do you begin? And are you familiar enough with the appeal process to adequately support your claim? This is where DoNotPay comes in. DoNotPay has experienced challenging penalty charge notices, traffic tickets and other violations, and offers an easy way to fight the charges when you are not being treated fairly. DoNotPay allows you to save time and money, without stressing out about if the process was handled correctly.
Leicester is a city located in the East Midlands of England and is known for its rich arts and culture, being home to many galleries, museums and universities. The Leicester City Council collects fines from penalty charge notices, or traffic tickets when motorists fail to comply with parking regulations. Sometimes, if a Leicester PCN is issued with incorrect information, issued to the wrong person or otherwise unfair or incorrect, a challenge or appeal may be made. The process requires that you have evidence to back up your claim and can prepare a written appeal.
Why You May Have Received a PCN From Leicester
Of course, each case is different, but some reasons that are issued are more common than others. For example, some common reasons are:
- Parking in a restricted area such as a bus lane, a disabled parking space or on a yellow line.
- Parking incorrectly in a car park bay.
- Not purchasing a parking permit, or leaving your car parked in a space longer than the permit allows.
- Not displaying your permit in your windscreen or not displaying a disabled badge and parking in a disabled bay.
- Not obeying any other parking rules or laws.
Reasons Why You Want to Appeal Your PCN Leicester
No one wants to be treated unfairly or charged for something incorrectly. That is why there is a process in place to appeal your PCN issued in Leicester. Some reasons may be acceptable if adequate evidence is supplied within the timeframe.
- You are not the owner of the car that is being ticketed. If you received a PCN via post, it may have been sent in error because you were the prior owner of the car. By providing proof of sale, you may be able to appeal the charge.
- If you can prove that there was no way to pay for parking, such as a broken machine or no lot attendant, you may have grounds for appeal.
- You can appeal if you were served notice after the first fourteen days of the offence.
- If you received the charge and you can provide proof that you were parked correctly.
- You were overcharged for the offence.
How to Pay a PCN Leicester
If you believe that the PCN represents a violation that you are responsible for, you can pay the fine within 28 days. You will need a debit or credit card to pay. Have the PCN number and the vehicle registration number available. There are two ways to pay.
- Pay through the automated telephone system, 0116 454 1012, and select option 5.
- Pay online via the website.
How to Challenge a PCN Leicester on Your Own
Appeals must take place within 28 days of the date of the notice. You can begin by submitting an informal written challenge against the issuing of a PCN before the first formal stage of the legal process and the Notice to Owner has been issued. Informal challenges are considered and a response will be made. If you want to challenge a PCN on your own, you can do so by going online with supporting evidence as to the reasons you are making the challenge. If the challenge is accepted, your PCN will be cancelled and we will send correspondence to you to confirm this.
|Parking Leicester Online||Official Website|
|Parking Leicester Contact Us||Contact Page|
|Parking Leicester Directory||Check phone numbers and emails|
If your challenge is rejected, you will receive a response from the council stating the reasons your appeal was rejected and listing the amount you still need to pay. If you are unhappy with that response and want to challenge the decision, you can make a formal representation as part of the PCN legal process, by completing and returning the Notice to Owner form that will be sent to you.
How Can DoNotPay Help Appeal a PCN Leicester?
DoNotPay knows you work hard for your money. If you are being charged unfairly or incorrectly, we want to help by making the appeal process easy and quick, so you can carry on with your life. In fact, we offer a four-step procedure that gets the job done quickly and easily.
DoNotPay can help you fight your parking ticket (again for UK users, we cannot mail the letter)
- Log-in to DoNotPay and go to the Ticket Disputes category. Select the Parking Ticket product.
- Upload a photo of your citation.
- Provide us with some details on why you believe the citation issued is a mistake.
- That’s it! You’ll receive an appeal letter that contains the best argument to win your case.
It's that simple! You can use the carefully crafted appeal letter to serve as your argument when you challenge your ticket.
DoNotPay Can Help Appeal PCNs, Traffic Tickets and Other Violations for Other Locations Too!
DoNotPay doesn't only help you fight unfair Leicester PCNs, but can help you challenge tickets from other areas too! Such as:
- Transport for London
- Los Angeles
- New York City
- San Jose
- and more!
Need help with solving other problems? DoNotPay has a list of products to help solve your problems and save you time, stress and money! Let DoNotPay help you today!