How To Send an NH Inmate Package
Besides writing a letter to an inmate and calling them whenever possible, inmate packages are another great way to show them you care.
Each U.S. state, including New Hampshire, proposes specific regulations when it comes to the type and contents of such parcels. The article that follows will help you understand the essential rules and procedures that apply to sending packages to New Hampshire prisoners.
NH Inmate Package Rules and Regulations
You can’t give packages to inmates during the visitation or send the parcels to the facility where they are located by yourself. They can receive only packages sent by approved third-party vendors, which means that you need to place an order with the supplier and address it to the desired facility.
Union Supply Direct is the only approved inmate package provider for all institutions under the jurisdiction of the New Hampshire Department of Corrections. The company’s online shop allows you to create customized packages containing various products regardless of the facility the inmate is in.
You also don’t need to worry about whether you are allowed to send particular items, as every product you can see in the Union Supply Direct online shop is pre-approved by the NH Department of Corrections. The inmate will be able to enjoy anything you purchase for them unless they have active mail restrictions—make sure to inquire about this before you place an order.
What Items Can You Put in NH Inmate Care Packages?
Union Supply Direct has a wide product range which includes the following categories:
- Board games
- Health & beauty
- Religious items
- Household items
The company's department in charge of New Hampshire correctional facilities doesn’t currently offer the possibility of ordering foods and drinks. This might change in the future as the list of available products is continually expanding.
How Can DoNotPay Help You Find Out the Exact Location of the Inmate?
You know that the inmate you want to send a package to is located in New Hampshire, but you aren’t sure in which institution?
Finding the exact facility and unit where they are imprisoned is essential for addressing a letter when you write to a prisoner or avoiding failed inmate package deliveries. DoNotPay allows you to search through a massive database that includes the inmates in all types of correctional facilities throughout the USA.
To get precise information efficiently, proceed as follows:
- Open DoNotPay in your
- Navigate to the Connect With an Inmate section
- Click on Locate Someone
- Type the prisoner’s name and the state where they serve the sentence
Not only can we give you the fastest results, but we also streamline a never-ending search through each of six prison databases in New Hampshire!
How To Order an Inmate Care Package From Union Supply Direct
Union Supply Direct allows prisoners’ friends, family, and pen pals to place orders in the following ways:
- Over the phone
How To Order a Package From Union Supply Direct Online
Placing an order online is a quicker method, having in mind busy customer support lines. To arrange the delivery, follow these steps:
- Go to the official Union Supply website for New Hampshire
- Type the prisoner’s ID number and click on the red Shop for Inmate Package button
- Confirm the information by clicking on Continue
- Select the products and proceed to checkout
- Enter the necessary details
- Submit your order
How To Order a Package From Union Supply Direct Over the Phone
To place an order over the phone, follow these instructions:
- Dial (855)247-6089
- Provide the agent with the item codes of the products you want to purchase, as well as other necessary details—delivery address, the inmate ID number, etc.
- Wait for the agent to confirm that your order was placed
Regardless of the method, you should receive a confirmation email once your order is accepted and another one when it gets shipped. If you want to check the status of your delivery, you can phone the customer service or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Can I Order the Package via||Yes/No|
|Printed Order Form||No|
When Will Your Package Reach the Inmate?
Prisoners usually get packages during the regular commissary distribution day. To find out the exact day of the week when prisoners in the particular NH correctional facility get their mail, contact the specific institution.
General inmate mail rules and regulations also state that each piece you send must be examined by jail officials to make sure the package contains only approved items. Such procedures might affect the estimated delivery time frame, and the whole process might take up to three weeks from the date of the shipment.
Compose a Letter to an Inmate Using DoNotPay
If you feel like a package isn’t enough, you can accompany it with a message with the help of DoNotPay. You don’t have to write a physical letter—compose a digital one, and we will print it out and send it to any inmate you choose.
Here’s how you can do this:
- Log in to DoNotPay
- Select the Connect With an Inmate section
- Click on Send a Personalized Letter
- Input the prisoner’s name and their exact location
- Write a message
- Submit the letter
Other great features you can take advantage of are our special letter templates and the possibility to add some photos to your message.
How Can You Receive Responses to Your Letters With DoNotPay?
Before you submit your letter, you get a chance to choose if you want to receive replies from the person you wrote to. Once you pick the Allow Replies option, our app creates an e-mailbox where all the responses to your letters will go.
Here’s how this works:
- The inmate writes their reply
- They address it to DoNotPay
- We create a digital copy of the prisoner’s message and forward it to your Virtual Mailbox
All messages you get will always be available on our platform. All you need to do is log in to your DoNotPay account and pick the Virtual Mailbox feature within the Connect With an Inmate section.
Is There Anything Else We Can Do for You?
We can help you find out more about sending inmate packages in Ohio, Arizona, Alabama, Kentucky, or any other U.S. state.
We also answer other tricky questions like whether you can send text messages to inmates, write to a prisoner on death row, or receive free calls from inmates. But that’s not all! Feel free to explore our useful features by accessing DoNotPay from your and get help with:
- Signing up for services without phone verification
- Finding any unclaimed funds under your name
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Filing warranty claims or appeals
- Waiving college application fees
- Dealing with credit card issues
- Contesting parking tickets
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Getting refunds and compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds from companies
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Freeing yourself from spam mail forever
- Stopping text spam
- Applying for clinical trials
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Getting in touch with your incarcerated loved ones
- Jumping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps