Contesting Newark Parking Tickets Has Never Been Easier
Newark features a variety of services for drivers, including parking applications that track available spaces, meter payment, and other services. Using these tools will help you lower your chances of receiving a ticket. However, there may be instances where you may receive a parking ticket, and you're certain it's not your fault. Of course, parking officials make errors as well, and you have the option of contesting .
Have you ever been in a scenario like this before and aren't sure what to do? DoNotPay is ready to assist you in challenging the parking tickets.
How Much Does a Parking Ticket Cost in Newark
The two types of :
|Type of violation||Fine|
|Parking during certain prohibited times and parking during street cleaning||$45|
|Parking at an expired meter||$45|
How to Pay Your Parking Ticket in Newark
If you are paying online, go to the Newark Parking Authority website if you have your license plate number, ticket, and MasterCard. Here are the options to pay for your parking ticket.
|Newark Parking Authority Contact Details|
|Phone Number||(973) 733-6400 or (973) 928-1238|
|In-person Payment Address||Newark Municipal Court, 31 Green St., Newark, NJ 973-733-6520|
|Online Payment Portal||NJMCdirect|
Can I Dispute My Parking Ticket in Newark
Yes, to begin the process of challenging a ticket within 48 hours of its issuance, you need to email them with the following details.
- A copy of your ticket
- Driver's license
- Contact information
- The reason for your dispute
Alternatively, you can FAX a copy of your ticket, your contact information, and the cause of your dispute to 973-623-2854. The Newark Parking Authority will analyze the information you give and notify you to let you know whether or not they can process and forward the ticket to the Newark Municipal Court for dismissal. If they cannot dismiss the ticket, and you decide to proceed, you will be advised to contact the Newark Municipal Court to schedule an appearance. On the back of your ticket is a phone number for contacting the court immediately. It might take up to six weeks to submit a ticket for dismissal.
Contest Parking Tickets in Newark in Less Than 120 Seconds
DoNotPay has successfully handled more than 200,000 tickets, and yours can be next.
Here's how to get started:
- Log-in to DoNotPay and find the Parking Tickets product.
- Upload a photo of your parking ticket.
- Provide us with some details on why you believe the parking ticket is a mistake.
- Select whether or not you want the letter mailed to the traffic ticket issuer on your behalf!
- That's it! You'll receive an appeal letter that contains state vehicle codes to boost your case.
It's really that simple! Look out for your traffic ticket issuer's response to discover whether you won.
DoNotPay Helps Users Fight and Beat Tickets in Any City
We can assist you to fight parking tickets in any city in the United States, including:
Do I Have to Hire an Attorney to Contest Parking Tickets?
It may appear like hiring a professional is a smart method to ensure that your ticket is canceled, but it is unnecessary. Contesting is a straightforward procedure, especially if you utilize our app. Still, if you're thinking about employing someone, be sure to follow these guidelines:
- Look for attorneys who have handled parking infractions cases before. Someone who excels in immigration or estate planning will be of little use.
- Don't just hire the first individual you come across. There are numerous con artists out there, and you may easily be taken advantage of. Do some research on the lawyers you're considering, verify their credentials, and compare prices.
- Make a cost estimate. It's possible that hiring a lawyer may cost you more than paying the fine.
Reasons to Contest a Parking Ticket
When you can establish there was no parking infraction, contesting is a no-brainer. You can also challenge a ticket that is illegible or has erroneous or missing information. The officer may have written down the incorrect license plate number, automobile make/model, or infraction date/time/location. Other grounds to contest a parking ticket include:
- The parking sign is missing, erroneous, or not visible. Sign visibility does not always justify a parking offense
- If your automobile was stolen, or you were not the owner of the vehicle at the time the ticket was issued. You'll have to back it up with paperwork
- You were overcharged or given the wrong ticket for a parking offense
- If the parking meter breaks down
- The parking enforcement officer's name is not printed or signed legibly
- If your proof shows that the equipment infringement was fixed within 24 hours of its discovery
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Not only does DoNotPay help contest parking tickets they also offer other services, including:
Reach out to us today and have your issues sorted.