Easily Renew Your Car Registration in New Mexico Using DoNotPay
In New Mexico, you are required by law to register any vehicles that you own and operate, including cars, motorcycles, and boats. You can choose between a one- and two-year registration when you register or renew your vehicle, but they must always be renewed before the registration expiration date. If you fail to renew your registration before it expires, you will likely either be ticketed or have to pay penalty fees on top of your registration fees.
Renewing your car registration in New Mexico can be stressful. A 5% discount is offered for registering your vehicle online, but this option is not available to everyone in every county. If you can't register online, you will have to register in person at the DMV or by mail. If you have to register in person, you will likely be met with long wait times at the DMV. Using DoNotPay to renew your vehicle registration will save valuable time and stress. Simply provide us with your registration information, and we'll do the rest of the work for you.
How to Renew Your Car Registration in New Mexico
When you renew your vehicle registration, you'll receive a renewal notice in the mail from your county DMV. You'll need to keep this in case you can't or don't want to renew in person. There are currently three options for renewing your .
- Renew your tags online through the New Mexico Motor Vehicle Division. A 5% discount is offered if you renew your registration online. You will need to provide all of the information on the renewal notice and will need to have a credit card to pay your fees.
- Renew your tags in person at your county DMV. Bring your renewal information and cash or check to pay your fees. Most New Mexico MVD locations are only open from 8:00 AM to 4:00 or 5:00 PM.
- Renew your tags by mail. You must send in your renewal notice and specify whether you want a one- or two-year registration. The mail-in option only accepts checks as payment. This is also a much slower option, so you will need to give yourself plenty of time to submit your documents and receive your new registration tags.
A better option than these would be to use DoNotPay 's registration renewal product. After you provide us with your registration information, we will submit your registration renewal on your behalf and then notify you when it's complete.
How Much Does It Cost to Renew Your Car Registration in New Mexico?
The vehicle registration fees in are determined by the following:
- The make, model, and age of the vehicle
- The weight of the vehicle
- The value of the vehicle
- Your county tax rate
You can opt for a one- or two-year registration when you renew your car registration. Registration fees for a passenger vehicle typically range from $27 to $62 for a one-year registration and $54 to $124 for a two-year registration. There are also penalty fees if you renew your registration too late. You must pay $10 if your renewal is up to 31 days late. If you are more than 31 days late, you must pay an additional amount of 75% of your total registration fee. Fees will be included in your final amount due.
If you use DoNotPay 's registration renewal product, you won't have to worry about late fees or penalties. After you sign up for our product and answer a few questions, we'll take care of the rest for you quickly and painlessly.
Renew Your Car Registration in New Mexico With DoNotPay
Renewing your car registration in New Mexico can add unnecessary stress to your life. Let us do the work for you! DoNotPay has you covered in five easy steps:
- Go to the Renew Car Registrations product on DoNotPay.
- Answer a few questions about your current vehicle, including the license plate number, vehicle identification number, make and model, etc.
- Verify your identity with a state driver's license and registration documents.
- Decide how long you want to extend the renewal for (if your state offers multiple options).
- Pay the registration fee (or let us automatically calculate it if you aren't sure).
DoNotPay can help you get your car registration renewed across all 50 states below:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
We offer many products in addition to our registration renewal service. We can help you:
- Pay or dispute parking tickets
- Dispute seatbelt tickets
- Notarize any documents
- Schedule DMV appointments
- Write standardized legal documents
DoNotPay is here to ease the burden of your daily tasks. today to learn which of our products can help you.