Take Advantage of the McAfee Free Trial Immediately
McAfee is an American computer security company providing solutions to individuals, small and large businesses, enterprises, and governments.
The company offers a variety of products, but its flagship package, McAfee Total Protection, boasts protecting over 500 million devices, performing 49 billion daily threat queries, and detecting 480 threats every minute.
The company offers a free trial for its Total Protection solution. If you are interested in getting it, read on to learn how.
What Is the Duration of the McAfee Free Trial?
McAfee offers a 30-day trial run of its Total Protection package with no credit card info required.
What Is Included in the McAfee Free Trial?
The free trial version comes with the same features as the premium package, such as antivirus, ID protection, web protection, file encryption, and password manager.
How Many Devices Does the McAfee Free Trial Cover?
The trial software allows you to protect up to 10 devices. It is compatible with:
How Do I Get a McAfee Free Trial?
If you want to give the software a try, you should do the following:
- Visit the McAfee Free Trial page
- Tap Download free trial
- The file mcafee_trial_setup_xxx.xxxx.xxxx_key will be downloaded to your device
- Once the download completes, double-click the file
- Follow the steps to complete the installation
- You can connect and protect up to 10 devices
What Happens Once My McAfee Free Trial Expires?
Once your software has expired, it will deactivate, i.e. it won’t receive any updates anymore. To continue using the updated software, you will have to subscribe to the service.
Do I Have To Cancel My McAfee Free Trial if I Decide Not To Buy It?
Your free trial will expire automatically after the allotted trial window. McAfee will notify you via email to subscribe if you want to continue using the software.
If I Purchase the Software Before My Free Trial Runs Out, Will I Lose the Remaining Days?
No, you won’t. McAfee will add the remaining days of your free trial to your subscription.
How Much Does It Cost To Buy a McAfee Subscription?
If you decide to buy McAfee Total Protection, there are a few options to choose from. You can see the prices and benefits of each in the table below.
McAfee Total Protection Plan
Number of Devices
|Everything included in the Single Device plan plus:
|Everything included in the Individual/Couples plan plus:
|Everything included in the Family plan plus:
Can I Get a Free Trial for Other McAfee Software?
McAfee sometimes offers free trials for other products as well. To check the availability, you should:
- Log in to your McAfee account
- Check for trial software under My Apps, or tap Free Trials in the top bar
- If any free trial is available, download it
- Repeat the steps listed in the How Do I Get a McAfee Free Trial? Section of this article
Does My McAfee Free Trial Transition Into a Paid Subscription Automatically?
No, as you don’t provide your payment details to get a free trial. McAfee auto-renews your paid subscription 30 days before it expires.
Can I Cancel My McAfee Subscription?
Yes, you can. Once you have purchased a McAfee subscription, you can cancel it or turn off auto-renewal anytime.
Note that you will lose all the benefits that come with enabled auto-renewal. Those are:
- McAfee Virtual Private Network
- Virus Protection Pledge
McAfee Virtual Private Network
McAfeeVPN is a LiveSafe and Total Protection built-in feature providing private browsing and bank-grade protection against cyber-attacks. You can access it only with enabled auto-renewal.
Keep in mind that this option is not available in all locations.
Virus Protection Pledge
If McAfee’s experts cannot remove a virus from your device, they will offer you a refund of the amount you paid for your subscription. The VPP is only available in certain locations, but you have to keep your auto-renewal on to be eligible for it.
To learn more about McAfee’s Virus Protection Pledge, follow this page.
Cancel Your McAfee Subscription With DoNotPay
If you find the McAfee cancellation process too complex, you can have DoNotPay handle your subscription cancellation for you.
All you have to do is access DoNotPay from any , choose the Find Hidden Money option, and submit your request. We will handle the rest.
By linking your email or bank account to DoNotPay, you can have all your subscriptions reviewed and flagged for termination if found redundant.
Can I Get a Refund if I’m Unsatisfied?
If you are not entirely satisfied with McAfee’s software, you can request a refund within 30 days of your initial purchase or 60 days of auto-renewal (for annual or longer subscriptions).
If you are not sure how to request a refund, you can utilize DoNotPay’s File a Chargeback functionality. We will contact your financial institution and McAfee, and request a refund on your behalf.
What Are the System Requirements for the McAfee Total Protection?
For your McAfee software to run smoothly, certain requirements have to be met.
- 1 GHz Processor
- 2 GB Ram for Windows 7 and above
- 500 MB free drive space
- Operating system:
- Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1, 8, and 7 SP1 (32- and 64-bit)
- Mac OS X 10.12 or later
- Android smartphones and tablets 4.1 or higher
- Apple iOS 10 or later
- Google Chrome
- Microsoft Edge
- Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based)
- Safari (Mac and iOS only)
- Internet Explorer 10.0 and later
DoNotPay’s Free Trial Card—Your Golden Ticket In
Unlike McAfee, many other subscription services offer free trials on condition that you provide payment details upon registration. The test runs usually turn into a paid subscription as soon as the probation period finishes.
DoNotPay has designed an amazing solution for you to avoid automated charges—the Free Trial Card.
You can use our virtual credit card to sign up for free trials without the risk of automatic subscription once the trial run expires because the card:
- Looks like a standard credit card but is not linked to any funding source
- Guarantees your anonymity
- Gets approval on the free trial pages
Save Money With DoNotPay
DoNotPay abounds with plenty of money-saving features you can take advantage of if you want to avoid unnecessary charges.
If you need help reducing your electric or water bills, our app can step in. Should you need assistance with canceling services, such as the NHL TV, Elephant Insurance, or At the Beach Tanning subscriptions, you can find a solution with DoNotPay.
You can access your DoNotPay account from any and get assistance with:
- Getting refunds and chargebacks from companies
- Getting rid of spam mail forever
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Getting refunds or compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Contesting speeding tickets
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Disputing parking tickets
- Jumping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Managing credit card problems
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Appealing traffic tickets
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting rid of spam text messages