Secret Hacks That’ll Get Your Los Angeles Parking Ticket Waived
Those of you who live in Los Angeles, California already know what traffic nightmares look like, not including barely finding decent places to park. Getting a parking ticket in LA is more than a little common. What can you do, though, to dispute a parking ticket?
It might look like a challenging process to deal with, and it sometimes is. Let's look at how you can dispute that ticket, plus a better way to go about it. DoNotPay can help with all parking disputes in less than 2 minutes!
How Much Does a Parking Ticket Cost in Los Angeles?
Most parking tickets in the Los Angeles area are within the $68 range in recent years. However, take a look at this table for some tickets potentially costing you more:
|Blocking a bike lane or crosswalk while parking||$93|
|Parking in a bus zone||$293|
|Parking in a disabled parking spot||$363|
|Parking a hazardous waste carrier vehicle in a residential area||$383|
As you can see, blocking anything that causes inconvenience or danger to anyone makes the citation fees go up in Los Angeles. According to media reports from L.A., however, the city is piling up more parking tickets without people paying them.
How Do You Pay for a Parking Ticket in Los Angeles?
The city of Los Angeles gives you four different options, plus two alternatives:
- Pay online through the PayTix app. They accept Visa and Mastercard payments if you have a credit card.
- Payment by phone. Call (866) 561-9742 to use an automated voice payment system. Credit cards are accepted here as well.
- Payment in-person at four different LADOT locations throughout Los Angeles. Here, you can pay any way you want, including with cash.
- Payment by mail. You'll have to mail a check or money order to the Parking Violations Bureau, P.O. Box 30247, Los Angeles, CA 90030.
Two other options exist if you can't pay for your parking ticket before the due date.
- You can use The Community Assistance Parking Program (CAPP) for those who are homeless. Call (213) 978-4400 to get this set up. It involves using community service to pay back your ticket citation fee.
- Or, you can set up an installment payment plan for your parking ticket. Call (866) 561-9742 to get this set up with the Parking Violations Bureau. It'll require you to pay back the fine over three months if you qualify under California's low-income median rate.
Is Contesting Your Parking Ticket in Los Angeles Worth the Hassle?
It could be, but it'll require quite a bit of work. You can always request a review with LADOT online or via their phone line at (866) 561-9742. After the initial administrative review, you'll go to an administrative hearing where LADOT can determine whether the parking ticket wasn't your fault. Providing compelling evidence is important here.
Finally, you can also file an appeal with LADOT if the Hearing Examiner's decision wasn't in your favor.
Contest Your Los Angeles Parking Ticket in Less Than 120 Seconds
You don't have to hire a lawyer if you want to get your L.A. parking ticket waived. Your best solution to contest your ticket is to use our DoNotPay app, utilizing AI technology. You can make this work using our five simple steps:
- Log-in to DoNotPay and find the Parking Tickets product.
- Upload a photo of your parking ticket.
- Provide us with some details on why you believe the parking ticket is a mistake.
- Select whether or not you want the letter mailed to the traffic ticket issuer on your behalf!
- That's it! You'll receive an appeal letter that contains state vehicle codes to boost your case.
Yes, it's really that simple! Look out for your traffic ticket issuer's response to determine whether you won!
Did you know we've helped users waive over 200,000 parking tickets without having to hire an attorney? Sources like Newsweek recently noted how we've been able to overturn $4 million in parking tickets for many Americans. We're continually proud of this media coverage and what it does to spread the word about how legitimate our AI service is.
DoNotPay Helps Users Fight and Beat Tickets In Any City
No matter the state where you live, we'll guide you toward disputing your parking ticket. If you have evidence you were wrongly given a ticket, we'll definitely be able to help, including in these key cities:
- New York City
- San Jose
- New Orleans
- San Francisco
- Any other city in California
What Else Can DoNotPay Do for You?
We can do much more than just help you with Los Angeles parking tickets. As an AI legal service, we can help with numerous legal issues that might burden you from time to time.
Sign up today to learn more about all of our app's extensive features!