How to Successfully Dispute Lancaster, PA Parking Tickets
Have you received a parking ticket in Lancaster, PA? An unexpected parking ticket isn't just frustrating, it can be a financial burden for many. While some parking tickets come with relatively smaller fines, many parking tickets can be much more than expected.
If you believe your parking ticket was unwarranted, you may be interested in disputing your parking ticket. Unfortunately, it's not always easy to dispute parking tickets, depending on the city. This is because many cities offer a complicated process when it comes to ticket disputes or there isn't clear information in terms of how civilians can go about handling disputes.
At DoNotPay, we want to help you dispute parking tickets without hassle. Sometimes things happen, but we want to help you quickly fight any parking ticket to help you avoid ticket fees. Read on to learn how you can dispute a Lancaster, PA parking ticket and why DoNotPay is the best solution when you need to dispute a parking ticket any season.
How to Pay for Your Parking Ticket in Lancaster, PA
The city of Lancaster offers two options for paying for parking tickets. You can pay either by phone or by using their online portal.
Paying by Phone
If you would like to pay by phone, you can do so by calling (717)-727-1908 and following the directions to pay using your credit card. When paying by phone, there are a few important things to note.
- There is a service charge of 4% of the amount paid.
- There is a $2.50 minimum for online payments (this is assessed by the payment processor for credit card transaction fees).
If you would like to pay online, you can do so by taking the following steps.
- Visit the Lancaster Parking Authority website.
- Go to the top navigation bar and select "Pay Online"
- You will see 5 different payment options. Select the one that says, "Pay Parking Ticket".
- Select "Pay Parking Ticket Online Here".
- This will take you to a page that gives you the option to select, "Search Tickets" or "View Permit".
- Choose "Search Tickets". The following page will allow you to search for your ticket or type in your license plate number.
- Your ticket should come up and allow you to pay for it.
It's important to note that the following will occur when paying for your parking ticket online:
- You will receive a 4% charge of the amount paid
- There is a $2.50 minimum for online payments
In a nutshell, you can reach Lancaster Parking Authority through:
|Lancaster Parking Authority|
|Address||30 West Orange Street,
P.O. Box 866
Lancaster, PA 17603-0866
|Online Payment Portal||https://www.lancasterparkingauthority.com/|
Can I Dispute My Parking Ticket in Lancaster, PA?
Yes, you can dispute your Lancaster parking ticket. If you believe that you have an unwarranted parking ticket, you can dispute it by going to their designated page for disputes. You can dispute your parking ticket by providing the following information:
- The date of the ticket
- Disputed ticket number
- License plate number
- Name, address, telephone, and email address
- Your reason for the dispute
You will also have an option to include any image files to back up your dispute. According to the city of Lancaster, your dispute will be reviewed within 7 days of your receipt. You will be notified about the outcome of your dispute by the Lancaster Parking Authority, regardless of whether it is approved or denied.
It's important to note that if your parking ticket dispute is denied, you will have an opportunity to have your ticket reviewed at a Magisterial District Justice office. However, if you are found to be guilty of your parking ticket, you will be required to pay the Magistrate fees in addition to the ticket you owe.
What Happens if I Don't Pay for My Parking Ticket?
Those who receive 6 or more citations or tickets and fail to pay the Philadelphia Parking Authority or have defaulted on their payments will receive an indefinite registration suspension. This suspension will remain in effect until it is confirmed that you have been compliant with the parking authority and all other requirements to restore registration have been satisfied.
Contest Parking Tickets in Lancaster, PA in Less Than 120 Seconds
Do you have a parking ticket for Lancaster, PA that you would like to contest? Parking tickets are no fun for anyone. Luckily, DoNotPay is here to help you contest your parking ticket in less than 120 seconds.
Contesting for a parking ticket has certainly never been easier. If you don't believe us, just check out this article from Money.com. DoNotPay has successfully beaten thousands of parking tickets to help people avoid fees.
If you have a parking ticket that you would like to contest, all you need to do is:
- Log-in to DoNotPay and find the Parking Tickets product.
- Upload a photo of your parking ticket.
- Provide us with some details on why you believe the parking ticket is a mistake.
- Select whether or not you want the letter mailed to the traffic ticket issuer on your behalf!
- That’s it! You’ll receive an appeal letter that contains state vehicle codes to boost your case.
It's really that simple! Look out for your traffic ticket issuer's response to discover whether you won!
DoNotPay Helps Users Fight and Beat Tickets in Any City
Do you have a parking ticket in another city? The good news is that DoNotPay can help you contest a parking ticket in any city, including:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
You can use DoNotPay for more than just your parking tickets. Check out the other products that can make your life easier:
- Car Registration Renewal
- Insurance Claims
- Find Unclaimed Money
- City Repairs
- Airline Flight Compensation Hacks
- Car Lease Negotiation
- Dispute Seatbelt Tickets
- File a Complaint Against Any Company
Sign up to DoNotPay today!