Appeal Your Lambeth PCN and Win!
Lambeth is a borough in South London, England. If you drive through this area, you must understand all the laws for driving and parking. If you do something that is considered illegal, you will get a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) from the borough.
There are approximately 236,549 PCNs issued per year in Lambeth. If you do get a Lambeth PCN, it is worth looking into appealing the charge if you believe it was issued in error. Every place you go will have its own driving and parking laws, so it's important to pay attention to your surroundings. Other places you should look out for getting ticketed include:
With all the different laws based on the area you are in, it can be difficult to understand Penalty Charge Notices, such as the ones ruling Transport for London. You also have to consider that different area have varying amounts of time you can be ticketed after an offence. This means you might end up with a surprise ticket in the post after you violated a parking rule. If you want to appeal your ticket, reach out to DoNotPay to see how we can help.
Receiving a Penalty Charge Notice in Lambeth
In Lambeth, you can receive a PCN via a civil enforcement officer or CCTV cameras. If you are issued a PCN, you must pay it in full rather than in instalments. You have 28 days to make your payment, or you will end up with a charge certificate. This will increase your fine by 50% and give you 14 more days to pay the increased fine. If you still don't pay it off, you can end up with a court order enforced by bailiffs at your door.
Here is a table of contact information for the Lambeth Council.
- Parking phone number: 020 7926 9000
- Contact form: Contact Page
- Link to parking page: Parking Page
- Postal address:
P.O. Box 734
How to Pay a Parking Fine in Lambeth
There are three ways you can pay a parking fine in Lambeth.
Before you try to pay your PCN online, you must be aware that you cannot do that if:
- Your vehicle has been removed.
- You have received a warrant for your fine. You must pay your fine directly to the bailiffs.
If neither of those situations applies to you, you can pay your fine online like this:
- Go to the Parking Page.
- Enter your PCN number and Vehicle Registration Number (VRN).
- Hit submit and then follow all on-screen prompts to finish the process.
You can also make a payment using the automated payment line 24 hours a day. You can call customer service for 5p a minute, plus any charges your service provider charges for access.
Through the Mail
A third option for paying your PCN is through the mail.
- Fill out a cheque or postal order made payable to 'London Borough of Lambeth'.
- Make sure to write your Penalty charge number that starts with LJ or LH on the reverse side.
- Send it to their mailing address.
|Lambeth Online||Official Website|
|Lambeth Phone Number||0333 800 5005|
|Lambeth mailing Address||Lambeth Parking Services
PO Box 549
Darlington, DL1 9TU
How to Challenge a Parking Fine
If you believe your parking fine was issued to you in error, it is always worth it to appeal the ticket. For a Lambeth PCN, you can file an informal challenge up to 28 days after your PCN was issued. However, you cannot do informal challenges against moving traffic or postal PCN.
Make sure to file the challenge within 14 days of the PCN being issued if you want access to the discounted rate if your challenge is unsuccessful. Fill out the challenge form, and the Lambeth Council will decide whether or not you need to pay the fine.
Contest Tickets in Lambeth in Less Than 120 Seconds
If you want your Lambeth PCN handled quickly, you should check out DoNotPay. We have been recommended by the Daily Mail for how well our appeal system works.
This is all you need to do:
- Log-in to DoNotPay and go to the Ticket Disputes category. Select the Parking Ticket product.
- Upload a photo of your citation.
- Provide us with some details on why you believe the citation issued is a mistake.
- That’s it! You’ll receive an appeal letter that contains the best argument to win your case.
DoNotPay can help you fight your parking ticket (again for UK users, we cannot mail the letter). Take the letter we generated for you to make your argument when you challenge your ticket.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay is well-versed in appealing tickets, but there are many other things we can do. We can assist in:
- Reporting city repair issues.
- Finding unclaimed money
- Disputing unjust seatbelt tickets
- Renewing your car registration
- Leasing a car
- Filing an insurance claim
It's frustrating to receive a Parking Charge Notice, especially if you don't believe you did anything wrong. However, if you want to appeal a Lambeth PCN, DoNotPay is happy to help. Contact us today to see how we can help you get your ticket overturned.