How to Get Rid of Spam Emails on Gmail?
Considering how popular it is, it's not surprising that spammers often attack Gmail users.
How to Stop Receiving Spam Emails on Gmail Using DoNotPay?
Use DoNotPay to stop spam emails from reaching your Google account in only a few steps.
DoNotPay is a virtual lawyer app that can help you stop receiving emails from unwanted accounts. Our app will also check and if there is a class action against that sender and provide you with steps to add yourself to it.
Here’s what to do:
- Open DoNotPay in your web browser
- Tap the Spam Collector option
- Enter your Gmail address to connect it with DoNotPay
- Forward the next spam email to firstname.lastname@example.org
DoNotPay will unsubscribe you from the sender's email list automatically.
To get your revenge on spam emails, check for the flag in the Spam Collector tab on your DoNotPay dashboard. If there is an active class action, you can get a nice amount in compensation money.
How to Get Rid of Spam Emails on Gmail Using Other Methods?
There are a couple of other methods that you can use to block emails on Gmail. The main one includes reporting individual emails as spam. This process allows Gmail to analyze spam emails and use that info to prevent further spam attacks on your account.
You can report spam emails by:
- Accessing your account on your computer
- Using your Android Phone
- Opening an app on an iOS device
How Do You Stop Spam Emails on Gmail Using Your Web Browser?
You can report spam emails from your web browser. You should be able to do this regardless of your OS or browser preferences since Gmail is supported by most of them.
Follow these steps to report spam from your computer:
- Open Gmail
- Find the email you want to report
- Select that email
- In the top menu find the icon with an exclamation mark
- Hover over the icon
- Click Report Spam
How to Remove Spam Emails from Gmail Using the App on Your Android Device?
You can block spam emails on Android as well, by reporting them to Google.
Here is how to do it:
- Open your Gmail app
- Find the message you want to report
- Select that message
- Tap the three dots in the top right corner
- Tap Report Spam
Once you finish the steps, the email will go to your spam folder.
How to Get Rid of Spam Emails on Gmail Through the iOS App?
You can block emails on iPhone by following these steps:
- Open the Gmail app on your iPhone, iPad or other iOS devices
- Find the email you want to report as spam
- Tap the sender's profile picture next to it to select it
- In the top right corner tap More
- Tap Report spam
Emails marked as spam end up in your Spam folder, from which they are deleted after 30 days.
How to Remove Spam Emails From Gmail Spam Folder?
Regardless of your method, once you mark an email as spam, it goes to your Spam folder, which is cleared of its content after a month.
You can remove emails from the spam folder by unmarking them as spam or deleting them.
You can access the Spam folder from the side menu on your Gmail account. Once there, find the email in question and select it.
Two options will appear in the top menu: Delete Forever and Not Spam. You can also see the Delete All Spam Messages Now or Empty Spam buttons within this folder.
Warning Labels That Mark Spam Emails in Gmail Spam Folder
When you open your Spam folder, you can see that some emails have a label at the top that explains why it was marked as spam. If you don't see any labels, you probably reported that email as spam yourself.
Here are the standard Gmail spam labels and their explanations:
Type of Spam Email Label
Spam from one of your contacts
|This label appears if someone on your Contacts list starts sending you spam. This usually means that a hacker may have taken over their account|
Spoofed email addresses
|You will get this warning if an email address of the sender looks similar to another email address. You can also get this warning if your email is sending spam to yourself|
|This warning appears when the sender tries to trick you into disclosing personal info like passwords, date of birth, or Social Security number|
|Messages content is empty||This often happens when spammers send an initial email to an address. They will send an empty email to check if the email address is valid. If it is, they will start spamming it after the initial validation|
You tried to unsubscribe from this sender
|This label appears when you receive a message from someone you have unsubscribed from|
Spam attack on your Gmail account
|You will get this label if a scammer tries to fill your Inbox with a lot of unwanted emails.
They do this so that you can't find any essential security email that you got.
If a hacker tries to get into your social media account, you will probably get notified about unauthorized login. But if your Inbox is flooded with junk mail, you might miss it
What Else Can You Do to Protect Your Inbox?
There are several methods you can use to approach unwanted emails. Here is what you can do:
- Unsubscribe from different companies—most emails from legitimate businesses have the Unsubscribe button or the link at the bottom of the email. Use it to stop getting emails from different websites
- Block individual senders—you can permanently block an email address on Gmail by opening the message and clicking on the three dots in the top right corner
- Stop phishing emails—you can report phishing attempts to Google by opening the Three Dots menu and choosing Report Phishing
DoNotPay Will Help You Manage Physical Spam Mail!
If you have problems with physical spam, DoNotPay can help with that as well.
Here are the steps:
- Take a picture of an unwanted mail
- Open DoNotPay in your web browser
- Select the DoNotMail feature
- Follow the steps to get rid of spam
The app will unsubscribe you from the spammer and allow you to add yourself to a class action against the sender if there is an active one.
DoNotPay Keeps Your Info Safe From Scammers!
There are many drawbacks to sharing your private information online, especially when you are not sure whether the website that asks you to do so is a reliable one. To bypass all the risks and play it safe, you can use DoNotPay's virtual credit card generator. Our product helps you protect your identity and bank account from cyber criminals.
The next time suspicious websites ask you to provide your banking information, fire up DoNotPay's generator and feed them the bogus credit card number. Our virtual credit cards are made up of randomly selected numbers, tied to a dedicated temporary email address, and linked to a fake name! They also contain no funds, so you won't have to pay for any service unless you choose to.
The best part is that companies will have no way of telling our card from a legit one, so you're sure to pass their check-ups and avoid being charged for unwanted subscriptions!
Other Issues DoNotPay Can Resolve for You
Our app can help with so much more! Check out some of the things we can take over:
- Dealing with credit card issues
- Discarding subscriptions or memberships
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Arranging a DMV appointment
- Getting compensation from airlines
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds from sellers
- Blocking and reporting spam
- Skipping the phone queue with customer service reps
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Suing business or individuals in small claims court
- Contesting parking tickets
- Managing high bills