How to Renew Your Vehicle Registration in Hillsborough County
When it comes time to visit the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV), you probably groan internally. Unfortunately, the DMV has a notorious reputation for being frustrating and time-consuming. Whether it is the thought of long lines and having to take half a day off to get one small thing accomplished, or dealing with confusing policies, most people put off their DMV visits for as long as possible. If you have a due, DoNotPay can help you navigate the process.
How to Renew Your Car Registration in Hillsborough County
To legally operate a vehicle on Florida roads, your vehicle must have a valid registration. There are multiple ways to renew your car registration in the state of Florida.
Renew Online Through the State
You can renew your registration online through the Florida Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles.
- Go to MyDMVPortal (The Official Portal for the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles)
- Click "Login to My DMVPortal"
- You will need to sign in with your credentials or create a new account
- Follow all instructions carefully
Renew Online Through Hillsborough County Tax Collector's Office
You can also Tax Collector.
- Use Renew Express website
- Click login/sign-in OR continue as a guest
- You will need the PIN on your registration renewal notice OR the license plate and birth date of the person listed on the registration notice
- Your transaction should typically be processed within 2 business days. You should receive your decal or plates via USPS
You may also visit any motor vehicle service center throughout the state to renew your vehicle registration. If you renew your registration in an office, you will receive your registration the same day. Find your closest Hillsborough County Service Center.
Renew via Mobile App
You can use the MyFlorida app to renew up to five vehicle and/or vessel registrations at once time.
- MyFlorida app is available for free on iTunes or Google Play
- You must provide the license plate or vehicle identification number (VIN) or hull identification number (HIN)
- You will receive a digital document to use until your registration arrives in the mail
How Much Does it Cost to Renew Your Registration in Hillsborough County?
Although other statutory fees may be applied, these are common base fees for vehicle registration:
- Initial registration fee - $225
- Motorcycle renewal - $10.00
- Automobile renewal (Net weight up to 2,499 pounds) - $14.50
- Automobile renewal (2,500 - 3,499 pounds) - $22.50
Additional Fees to Consider:
- MyDMVPortal - $2.00 processing fee is assessed to the total transaction
- MyFlorida app - $4.00 processing fee if paying with a credit card, or $3.75 if paying by checking account
How Often Do You Need To Renew Your Car Registration in Florida?
In Florida, you can renew your registration for one or two years. You can also use the app or online service to obtain duplicate registration certificates if you have lost your registration. Registration is valid until midnight on the registrant's birthday, and delinquent registration fees can be assessed on anyone who does not renew their registration by the end of the month when the renewal is due.
Let DoNotPay Handle Your Vehicle Registration Renewal
Handling vehicle registration renewal is not always a straightforward task. It can be tedious and sometimes stressful. Fortunately, DoNotPay is here with a simple solution. We can help you renew your registration anywhere, without the hassle.
If you want to but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 5 easy steps:
- Go to the Renew Car Registrations product on DoNotPay.
- Answer a few questions about your current vehicle, including the license plate number, vehicle identification number, make and model, etc.
- Verify your identity with a state driver's license and registration documents.
- Decide how long you want to extend the renewal for (if your state offers multiple options)
- Pay the registration fee (or let us automatically calculate it if you aren't sure).
DoNotPay Can Help You Renew Your Car Registration Across All 50 States
No matter where you live, DoNotPay has you covered.
|South Dakota||North Dakota||Utah||California||Mississippi|
|Florida||Rhode Island||West Virginia||South Carolina||Nevada|
|New Hampshire||Wisconsin||Wyoming||Maryland||New Jersey|
What Else Can DoNotPay Do To Help?
Not only can DoNotPay handle your with ease, but we can also help you with a variety of other concerns or issues, including:
- Scheduling DMV Appointments
- Helping with Seatbelt Tickets
- Disputing Parking Tickets
- Document Notarization
- Standardized Legal Document Assistance
DoNotPay resolves issues quickly and successfully!