How to Challenge a Heathrow Drop-Off PCN Fast
If you've received an £80 (Parking Charge Notice), you're not alone. But you're not helpless, either. Before you pay the PCN, there are a few things you need to know. You can challenge it if you know the right way to go about it.
DoNotPay can make the process easier, helping you fight the charge from your phone, without needing a lawyer. It only takes two minutes. Even better, the odds are good that you can win. Here are the important facts you need to know to avoid this expensive charge.
Why Did You Receive a Heathrow Drop-off PCN?
In November, Heathrow started charging £5 to drop off people in its terminals. This change was made in an effort to improve air quality and encourage public transit.
Here's what you need to know about the PCN if you don't pay the fee:
- It is a civil offence.
- It's issued by APCOA Parking at the Heathrow Drop-Off Zone.
- The charge is in effect 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- It's enforced by Automatic Number Plate Recognition cameras.
- The PCN is £80, but only £40 if you pay within 14 days.
To Avoid the PCN
- Use the free drop-offs at the Long Stay car parks instead, then use a free bus transfer to the terminal.
- Pay the fee ahead of time online or by an automated telephone system at 0330 008 5600. (NOTE: You are allowed to pay the fee up to 24 hours after, but many people report problems with the procedure.)
- You cannot pay at a ticket machine or in the drop-off zone.
How to Pay a Parking Fine at Heathrow Drop-off
If you do receive a , here's how to pay the charges.
- Go to the APCOA Parking page.
- Enter the PCN number.
- Enter your vehicle registration number.
- You will need a credit card to pay the charge.
How Do I Challenge a Parking Fine?
If you think the PCN is in error, there are a few ways you can challenge it.
Gather the Facts and Dispute Online
You can see the evidence for the charge by logging in to their official website. You'll need the PCN number and your vehicle's registration number. You can also challenge the charge at that site.
Dispute by Email
Once you have the information you need, you can send an email explaining the reason for your dispute.
Speak to Customer Service
You can call customer service at 0333 200 7459 and speak to someone about your complaint.
|Phone Number||0333 200 7459|
|Send a message|
Why Should You Contest a Heathrow Drop-off PCN?
There are plenty of reasons that a ticket dispute could be decided in your favour. If you've received a PCN for the Heathrow drop-off, here are a few of the valid reasons that the ticket could be cancelled.
- The notice arrived more than 14 days after the incident.
- It cannot be proven that you were the person driving the car.
- The signs were unclear.
- There was no way to pay. (Especially if you tried to pay the fee within 24 hours of being at the airport and were unable to get the payment to go through.)
- And £80 isn't cheap, and it's probably worth your time to try to get the charges cancelled. Especially if you have someone on your side to make the process easier.
Can DoNotPay Appeal Private Parking Tickets?
Private parking tickets, or PCNs, can legally be challenged. While you're in the process of challenging the ticket, you cannot be taken to court and your credit score can't be affected. Basically, you have nothing to lose and £80 to gain by making an effort to get the charge erased.
If you're worried about how much effort it will take, we have good news for you.
Contest Heathrow Drop-off PCN in Less Than 120 Seconds
Situations like this are exactly why DoNotPay was created. The app is designed to be a lawyer in your pocket, and we're good at what we do. The Evening Standard raved about how we took care of over 200,000 tickets, and we're ready to deal with yours as well.
Whether you’re in the UK or in the US, we know how to easily overturn your parking ticket. We have successfully won in areas like Islington, Birmingham, New York City, Seattle, Chicago, San Jose, and Los Angeles.
Here's how it works:
- Log-in to DoNotPay and go to the Ticket Disputes category. Select the Parking Ticket product.
- Upload a photo of your citation.
- Provide us with some details on why you believe the citation issued is a mistake.
- That’s it! You’ll receive an appeal letter that contains the best argument to win your case.
In the UK, we aren't able to mail your letter for you, but we make it easy for you to send your dispute on its way. All you have to do is wait for their response, knowing that DoNotPay has made your case as strong as possible.
DoNotPay Can Help You in Many Ways
Parking tickets are just one example of how we can help you take care of frustrating problems. Here are a few of the other issues we can navigate for you:
- Negotiate your car lease
- Fight seatbelt tickets
- Request city repairs
- Get compensated for cancelled airline flights
- File an effective complaint
- Protest parking tickets
- Find missing money
- Fight seatbelt tickets
- Renew your car registration
- File quick insurance claims
Whether you need a hand challenging a ticket, or you'd like us to make your life easier in dozens of other ways, take a look at all the things DoNotPay can do for you.