How to File a Hackney PCN Appeal in Minutes
Hackney Council has stipulated policies that Hackney residents must adhere to when parking their vehicles in the area. Failure to adhere to these regulations can lead to a penalty charge notice (PCN) with a fine of up to £130.
You can easily dispute the PCN online or through the post as long as you appeal on acceptable grounds. If you would like to appeal to your Hackney PCN but do not have an idea how to go about it, DoNotPay is here to help you. DoNotPay has a Parking Tickets UK product that can help you draft an appeal letter that you can submit to Hackney Council and get your parking ticket dismissed.
Receiving a Parking Charge Notice in Hackney
In Hackney, a PCN is issued as soon as a Civil Enforcement Officer determines that a parked vehicle has contravened parking regulations. For example, if the vehicle is parked in a loading area, the CEO will consider a 5-min observation period for loading or unloading before issuing a PCN.
Penalty charge notices are charged on two levels:
- A higher rate PCN for serious contravention like parking in the way, causing an obstruction. Such violations are charged £130.
- There is a lower rate PCN for minor violations like parking for longer hours than you should. Such violations are charged £80.
You can pay at a 50% discount if you pay within 14 days for a PCN issued by a CEO, bus lane PCN, and CCTV moving traffic PCN. You can pay a 50% discount for CCTV parking PCN within 21 days.
Here’s how you can reach the Hackney Council:
|Hackney Council Contact Information|
|Address||Representations and Appeals
PO box 76121
London E5 5FG
|Phone Number||020 8629 1232|
How to Pay a Parking Fine in Hackney
If you decide to pay for a parking ticket and get over it, you can do so in the following ways:
- Online through the payment portal – You'll need to enter your ticket reference number and your vehicle's registration number to proceed with payment.
- By phone – Call 020 8629 1232 to access the automated payment system. Listen to the payment instructions on the phone and follow them to complete the payment.
- By post – You can send your payment slip as a cheque or postal order payable to “London Borough of Hackney”. Post your payment to PO Box 76121, London, E5 5FG.
The online payment portal is easier to use because you can view the evidence to justify the ticket before you pay.
How to Challenge Penalty Charge Notice in Hackney
There are multiple reasons why you can challenge a Penalty Charge Notice in Hackney. These include the following:
- The contravention indicated in the PCN did not occur.
- The vehicle had been stolen.
- The enforcement authority made an error.
- The charge on the PCN exceeded the applicable amount.
You can dispute a PCN through the following ways.
- Online on the PCN system
To dispute online, you'll need to access the PCN system and submit your appeal and other evidence you have against the charge. Once your appeal has been received, you'll be emailed a copy of your submission as you wait for the outcome.
- By Post
To dispute by post, you should write an appeal letter and enclose all the supporting evidence. Your letter should include details of your charge, grounds of the dispute, your PCN number, vehicle registration number, and your full address. You can send the documents to the following postal address.
Representations and Appeals
PO box 76121
Appeals sent by post may take longer, especially because of the Covid-19 pandemic. Therefore, the most preferred appeal method would be online so that you can have your claim sorted out right away.
If your appeal is rejected, you can always appeal at the tribunal, and you may have the council's decision overturned. However, if the tribunal rejects your appeal, you'll have to pay the charges in full.
How to Challenge Penalty Charge Notice in Hackney With the Help of DoNotPay
DoNotPay is a robot lawyer who can help you challenge parking tickets and win. DoNotPay will help you draft an appeal letter which you can submit to the council to challenge your parking tickets.
Here's how it works:
- Log in to DoNotPay and go to the Ticket Disputes category. Select the Parking Ticket product.
- Upload a photo of your citation.
- Provide us with some details on why you believe the citation issued is a mistake.
- That’s it! You’ll receive an appeal letter that contains the best argument to win your case.
It's that simple. When you challenge your ticket, you can use the carefully crafted appeal letter to serve as your argument.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help you with the following:
- TFL PCN
- Islington PCN
- Birmingham Government UK PCN
- NYC parking tickets
- Seattle Parking tickets
- Chicago parking tickets
- San Jose parking tickets
- LA parking tickets
Check out the website to learn about the other services DoNotPay offers.