Did FirstPort Ignore Your Complaints? — Here's What To Do!
FirstPort Lettings is arguably one of the UK's biggest letting agents providing block management services for landlords. Although the agency does its best to deliver the highest levels of residential property management, sometimes things can go wrong. Some of the common Firstport complaints include valuation complaints, fee issues, and poor customer service.
DoNotPay offers a quicker and more convenient method to register Firstport complaints. DoNotPay’s complaints product can help you generate a demand letter asking the service to acknowledge their mistake and offer compensation. If Firstport fails to act on your complaints, DoNotPay will help you file a complaint at the small claims court.
How to Make Complaints Against Firstport?
If you feel Firstport has failed to meet its standards at any point, you can contact the company through the following contact details and register your complaint:
|How to Reach Firstport Customer Support|
|Website||Feedback & Complaints - FirstPort|
|Bespoke Property Services||0333 321 4045||FirstPort Bespoke Property Services
|Insurance Services||0333 321 4038||FirstPort Insurance Services
|Property Services||0333 321 4080||FirstPort Property Services
|Property Services Scotland||0333 321 4077||FirstPort Property Services Scotland
|Retirement Homesearch||0333 321 4060||Retirement Homesearch
|Retirement Property Services||0333 321 4041||Marlborough House
|Mainstay Customer Services||01905 357 777||Mainstay Group
Should I Take Firstport Complaints to Small Claims Court?
If you have a serious complaint about Firstport and are having difficulties resolving it, the small claims court may help. However, court action only becomes a preferred option once you have exhausted all other options to resolve the dispute.
What Is the Maximum Claim in a Small Claims Court Dispute?
Small claims court dispute is ideal for cases less than £10,000. The small claims court is a low-hassle way to take legal action for cases that don't need an attorney.
What Are the Types of Consumer Claims Ideal For Small Claims Court?
The following are some of the types of consumer claims commonly dealt with under the small claims procedure.
- Breaches of leasing agreements.
- The non-return of a rent deposit for certain kinds of rented properties.
- Minor damage to your property.
- Consumer claims such as bad workmanship or faulty goods.
What Options Do Firstport Have Once I File My Complaint at Small Claims?
The respondent typically has 15 days to reply to your claim. If Firstport admits the claim, they complete a Notice of Acceptance of Liability and return it to the registrar. Typically, respondents have the following options to respond to claims.
- They can admit the claim
- They can dispute the claim
- They can counterclaim
- They might ignore the claim
How Will Firstport Pay My Claim if I Win the Case?
The following are some of the ways Firstport can settle the claim
- They agree to pay the amount claimed. In such a scenario, the respondent agrees to pay you immediately via cheque, postal, or money order.
- The respondent may also consent to judgement and will only pay you when judgement is made in the district court.
- The respondent may wish to pay the amount claimed in instalments. In such a situation, the registrar informs you of the request and must get your consent to the terms proposed.
Can Firstport Dispute My Claim?
As mentioned earlier, Firstport has an option to dispute your claim. The respondent typically has 15 days to make their dispute known. The registrar will send the claimant a copy of the notice of dispute and will try to settle the dispute. If no settlement is reached, the matter is scheduled for hearing in the district court.
What Happens If Firstport Doesn't Reply To My Claim?
If there is no reply by the respondent within 15 calendar days, the court assumes Firstport has consented to judgement. The claimant swears an affidavit of debt and requests judgement and decrees. The registrar informs the respondent of the judgement and the need to comply within 28 calendar days.
How Is a Judgement Enforced?
Once you have won the case in a small claims court, there is a possibility that the respondent will not comply with the order of the court. In such a situation, you may need help to enforce the court judgement. The standard way of enforcing a judgement is to hand over the decree to the sheriff or county registrar for execution.
How to File Complaints in Small Claims Court by Yourself
The following are the steps to file a complaint in a UK small claims court:
- Write the defendant a letter before action: Most judges want you to prove you made a genuine effort to resolve the matter outside the court. It is best to write the defendant a letter of complaint stating your damages and asking them to resolve the issue urgently.
- If you don't receive a satisfactory response, prepare for the case by collecting relevant evidence, including receipts, photos, videos, or witness statements.
- Start your claim by visiting the court and filling out a form (N1). In the section labelled particulars of claim, describe in detail the claim you are making.
- Submit the form to the court clerk for processing. Deliver two copies of duly filled forms along with the court fees due. The fee payable depends on the value of your claim.
- Once the court receives the form, it will serve it to the defendant by mailing it to them by first class. The defendant will then decide to defend the case or not.
- The court schedules a hearing and informs both parties.
How to Sue Firstport in Small Claims Court With DoNotPay
The DIY methods to sue Firstport are obviously lengthy, complex, and quite strenuous. DoNotPay helps ease this process. Use the following steps to get started:
- Open DoNotPay in your web browser and Search the Sue Now product.
- Enter the amount of money you are owed.
- Choose whether you need a demand letter or court filing forms.
- Provide the reasons for the lawsuit and submit any pertinent details, including receipts, videos, or photo proof.
That's it! DoNotPay will then generate a demand letter or court filing forms for you. We'll even mail a copy of your demand letter to the individual or business you are suing.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
In addition to filing a complaint against Firstport, DoNotPay can also take on the biggest companies out there, such as:
What Other Services Can DoNotPay Help You With?
DoNotPay can help you with more of life’s pressing problems too. Here are a few other services that DoNotPay has you covered:
- Sue Anyone in Small Claims Court
- Standardised Legal Documents
- Get Free Trials and Don't Get Charged
- Negotiate Hotel Bill
- Appeal Parking Tickets in Any City
Sign up to DoNotPay today to learn more!