Filing a Starbucks Complaint Online the Easy Way
You may be hesitant to file a claim about a bad experience with Starbucks, especially if that experience is out of line with what you normally have come to love about your favorite Starbucks store. However, when that bad Starbucks experience involves a serious matter, it's essential to know the avenues available to you for a satisfactory resolution. DoNotPay helps guide you through your choices in filing a Starbucks complaint to get you to a successful resolution as quickly and painlessly as possible.
How to Make a Complaint to Starbucks
Your first course of action is always to allow the company to make the situation right. Most companies, including Starbucks, provide an avenue to do just that. Starbucks offers three methods for filing a complaint:
|Ways to Contact Starbucks Customer Support|
|"In Our Stores" form links|
|Phone Number||1-800-Starbucks (800-782-7282)|
|Online Contact Form||Contact Portal|
|Chat Support||Chat Link|
Holiday closures include:
- New Year's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
How to File an External Complaint Against Starbucks
If you feel Starbucks is not addressing your complaint in a timely or satisfactory way and want others to know about your experience. There are other options for filing an external complaint against Starbucks, including:
- BBB (Better Business Bureau)
- Illinois Attorney General
How to File a BBB Complaint Against Starbucks
The BBB provides a public way to attempt to settle a complaint with Starbucks while having your voice be heard. BBB not only helps resolve disputes between companies and consumers, but it also tracks those disputes to look for patterns and alert the public. To file a complaint against Starbucks through the BBB, follow these steps:
- Navigate to the BBB website.
- Follow the link on their main page to "report here."
- Fill out the form.
- If your complaint meets BBB criteria, it will be sent to Starbucks within two days.
- Starbucks will have 14 calendar days to respond.
- You will be notified of the response or lack thereof from Starbucks.
- Your complaint will be closed within 30 days.
How to File a Complaint With the Illinois Attorney General Against Starbucks
Starbucks is based out of Illinois. Because of this, the Illinois Attorney General's office may offer a way of recourse if Starbucks doesn't respond to your complaint or if their response isn't satisfactory. These complaints are also a matter of public record, which gives your voice another way to be heard. The following steps will help you file a complaint against Starbucks through the Illinois Attorney General's office:
- Navigate to the Illinois Attorney General's website.
- Choose the link for Consumer Complaint On-Line Submission Form.
- Complete the Form.
- Attach any additional documentation.
- Your complaint will be sent to Starbucks.
- You may also print the form located on their website.
- Mail the form and documentation to the address listed or take it to the Attorney General's office.
When You May Want to Take Starbucks to Small Claims Court
When you've tried all other avenues, small claims court may be your only recourse if you've had no response, unsatisfactory response, or otherwise feel that your complaint is not being treated in the manner you expect. To file a small claims case($20,000 or less) against Starbucks on your own, you'll need to start in the state where Starbucks is headquartered - Illinois. From there, the steps are as follows:
- Obtain the summons and complaint forms from the appropriate small claims court clerk.
- List yourself as the plaintiff and Starbucks as the defendant.
- Include the proper delivery address for Starbucks to avoid additional paperwork, time, and fees.
- List the number of damages you are requesting.
- Include an explanation of why you feel you are due these damages.
- Write down the number assigned by the clerk.
- Pay a filing fee.
- Gather all information and evidence for your case.
- Argue your case in court.
- Collect any judgment that may be due to you.
You may be thinking this is too much work and expense for a small case and too important for someone with no experience for a smaller one. Not to worry. You don't have to choose between hiring a high-priced attorney or doing it alone. DoNotPay is here to help.
Suing Starbucks in Small Claims Court Is Fast and Easy With DoNotPay
By now you're likely evaluating your time, money out-of-pocket, and experience-level in legal documents and wondering if it's even worth it. Don't give up hope. You don't need to spend hours on complicated paperwork that is beyond your level of expertise. Just answer a few questions and DoNotPay will handle the rest, ensuring a professional demand letter that will get both the court's and Starbucks ' attention.
Here's how to start a small claims lawsuit against Starbucks with DoNotPay:
- Log in to DoNotPay and select the Sue Now product.
- Tell us how much you are owed by the company, if applicable.
- Select the reason for your lawsuit.
- Provide details about why you're filing the lawsuit including photographic proof and other important information.
That's it! DoNotPay does the rest by generating a demand letter or filing the forms you requested with the court. Professional results in less time with no hassle.
Have Issues With Other Companies? DoNotPay Can Help
Starbucks is not the only company you may be frustrated with regarding unresolved complaints. You don't have to fight alone. DoNotPay can also help you file a complaint through small claims court against the following companies:
Why spend weeks trying to draft documents that you don't understand? DoNotPay can make the process fast, easy, and successful with less aggravation.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Surprised at just how easy your complicated and time-consuming complaint can be with the help of DoNotPay? The good news is that DoNotPay can help with many more of the overwhelming everyday tasks that consume your energy, including:
- Negotiating hotel bills
- Parking tickets
- Free trials
- Chargebacks and refunds
- Airline flight compensation
- Standardized legal documents
You don't have to do it the hard way with the help of DoNotPay. Let DoNotPay do the heavy lifting while you do the better living.