Using a Fake Phone Number for Kik to Handle Verification
Kik is a free instant messaging app similar to WhatsApp, but with the added functionality of an internet browser. As you prepare to sign up for Kik, you may not want to hand over your actual phone number and billing information-- especially if you just wish to check it out and see what it has to offer. Here's the good news: you don't have to. DoNotPay 's temporary burner phone solution can serve as a fake phone number for Kik , allowing you to manage where you share your information more effectively.
Why People Use Burner Phones for Kik
Let's face it. There are several excellent reasons why you might not want to use your actual phone number when you sign up for Kik.
- You don't want people to get your real information and be able to harass you, especially if you're communicating with people you've only met online.
- You might want to avoid personal privacy leaks, which can occur in any app.
- You want to avoid sharing your number online.
Unfortunately, many sites, including Kik, may require phone verification before they'll let you sign up.
That's where DoNotPay's fake phone number for Kik comes in.
Why Kik Asks for Phone Verification
Kik may want users to provide phone verification to determine that they 're dealing with a real person or reset a password for the account. Unfortunately, that requires you to provide your actual number--something that many users are reluctant to do.
Common Strategies for Avoiding Phone Verification
Many people use a variety of strategies to avoid having to share their actual phone numbers online. Here are some solutions you may try along with the disadvantages for each one:
|Buy a burner phone just for this purpose.||You waste money on both the phone itself and keeping that number up and running|
|Googling fake phone numbers to put into various accounts.||Fake phone numbers from most sites don’t always work for verification purposes.|
|Using Google Voice.||You will be risking your privacy unless you make the necessary tweaks to your Google account to secure it. Adjusting the settings is cumbersome because the settings are in several different places.|
|Borrowing someone else's phone.||Using someone else’s phone may put the phone owner’s data at risk.|
While these strategies work, they can prove expensive and inconvenient--and leave you struggling when you 're asked for verification information again in the future. Fortunately, a fake phone number app for Kik can make it easier.
Kik Phone Verification Challenges
Several challenges can make it very difficult to verify your phone number through Kik or, for that matter, any other site. You may:
- Not have your phone with you. It's lost, it's stolen, it's across the house, and you don't want to have to go to get it--there are plenty of reasons why you might not be able to lay hands on it at the moment.
- Not get the verification code (perhaps you have blocked unknown numbers on your phone, you lack an internet connection on your phone, or something is just going wrong internally).
- Not have your own phone number: you share a phone with someone else in your household, for example. Many people want to download Kik to use it to communicate with friends and family members when they don't have access to texting, so it can be incredibly frustrating to need access to a phone to use it.
- Not have access to another solution that will allow you to use a free or burner number.
DoNotPay 's fake phone number solution , however, can offer all the tools you need. No phone on hand? No problem. Are you not getting the code? You can try another number with ease. Of course, if the problem is on the company 's end, you may need to contact their customer service to get a new code--and hope that their customer service will offer the same high standard of service that we expect of our representatives.
Use DoNotPay to Sign Up for Kik Without Adding Your Phone Number
Ready to start using Kik without having to use your phone number? Don 't buy an actual burner phone just to sign up for things like Kik. Instead, follow this process.
- Choose the company you need to add a number for.
- Click "create a temporary number."
- Get the new burner number and wait.
- DoNotPay will display the message once the text comes in.
- Enter your verification code, and you're ready to start using Kik to your heart's content.
- The number will be deactivated within ten minutes.
Y ou can sign up to use DoNotPay to create multiple temporary numbers each month, allowing you to control who has access to your phone number through Kik or any other platform.
Can a Virtual Credit Card Help?
In addition to avoiding signing up with your actual phone number for services, you may want to take advantage of a virtual credit card. A virtual credit card lets you input a functional credit card number connected to your actual credit card that does not have your real account attached. They're the ideal "burner" credit card solution for signing up for free trials or setting up subscriptions that you don't want to forget about--and have sapping your budget indefinitely.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help with various issues you may face every day:
- Dealing with credit card issues
- Canceling stubborn subscriptions or memberships
- Help get revenge on robocalls
- Dispute traffic tickets
- Get you in touch with incarcerated loved ones
- Help you find unclaimed funds under your name.
It's not just burner phones and fake phone numbers. It 's a comprehensive solution that can help you achieve your privacy and legal goals.