How to Write an Effective Letter to Dispute Parking Tickets
Perhaps you've just received your first parking ticket for parking illegally on a city street. Yet, you think you were wrongly ticketed due to a particular situation that couldn't be helped.
How do you go about disputing your parking ticket? It's possible, but the process often takes considerable time. Part of this involves sending a dispute letter to your parking citation division. What if you had a simpler method to send that letter using AI technology? That’s what our DoNotPay app is!
How Much Does a Parking Ticket Cost Nowadays?
The cost of your parking ticket is going to vary based on the state where you live. According to most statistics, you'll usually have to pay these fees:
- In smaller cities, it might be well under $50 but expect above that in bigger cities. Most big cities are in the $65 range now.
- Expect to pay much larger parking ticket fines for more egregious violations, like parking in handicapped parking spots.
- Expired parking meter tickets can also get up to as much as $4 per hour you run over.
Despite these parking ticket costs, you may still have a good reason why you had to park in a certain spot. A lot of people attempt to fight these parking tickets, especially when parking is limited and you have a near-impossible situation due to life circumstances.
Still, you'll want to know how to pay for your parking ticket if you truly think you deserved it.
How Do You Normally Pay For a Parking Ticket?
The most typical methods in big cities usually involve four options:
|Pay online||Pay online through the parking division's website or portal. They usually accept all types of credit cards.|
|Pay via phone||Most call centers for this use an automated voice payment system. Credit cards are often accepted here as well.|
|Payment in person||Payment in person at the parking citation division's headquarters. Here, you can typically pay any way you want, including with cash.|
|Payment by mail||You'll have to mail a check or money order to the citation division.|
Once in a while, you might encounter a program allowing you to pay through an installment agreement or by doing community service. Check your city for these options, even though they're mostly open to the homeless or those with lower state median incomes.
Valid Reasons for Contesting a Parking Ticket
When disputing a parking ticket, you want to prove one of several things:
- You weren't parked illegally.
- The street signs in the area are faded or unreadable.
- The ticket you received is factually incorrect.
- The ticket you received is missing important details.
- The ticket you received is illegible.
If you recently purchased or sold a vehicle, you may be able to contest a parking ticket by proving that you weren't the vehicle's owner when the ticket was issued.
Is Contesting Your Parking Ticket Worth the Hassle?
When you can put together a compelling letter that contests your parking ticket, it can sometimes mean the hassle is more than worth it. Being able to overturn a parking ticket is a great way to give power back to the people.
The only way to make this work is to have evidence in your corner to show you were given a ticket due to uncontrollable circumstances. To make it work, you need a letter written in a style that truly resonates, including proper language the courts will accept.
This is where our DoNotPay app comes in to help.
Contest Your Parking Ticket in Less Than 120 Seconds
Don't bother hiring a lawyer if you want to dispute your parking ticket. Your best solution to contest your ticket is to use our DoNotPay app, utilizing AI technology to craft a sample letter. Make this work using our five simple steps:
- Log-in to DoNotPay and find the Parking Tickets product.
- Upload a photo of your parking ticket.
- Provide us with some details on why you believe the parking ticket is a mistake.
- Select whether or not you want the letter mailed to the traffic ticket issuer on your behalf!
- That's it! You'll receive an appeal letter that contains state vehicle codes to boost your case.
You'll be amazed at how simple it is! Look out for your traffic ticket issuer's response to determine whether you won!
Did you know we've helped users waive over 200,000 parking tickets without getting real attorneys involved? Sources like Venturebeat have even noted how we've been able to overturn 9,000 parking tickets in New York City alone. We're continually proud of this media coverage and what it does to spread the word about the legitimacy of our AI service.
DoNotPay Helps Users Fight and Beat Tickets, No Matter Where You Live
No matter the state where you reside, we provide the tools you need to dispute parking tickets. If you have evidence you were wrongly ticketed, we'll definitely be able to help in a letter, including in these key cities:
- New York City
- San Jose
- New Orleans
- San Francisco
- Any other city in California
What Else Can DoNotPay Do for You?
We can do much more than just help you craft a letter to dispute parking tickets. As an AI legal service, we help solve numerous legal issues.
- Renew your car registration
- Find missing money
- Submit insurance claims
- Lower your property taxes
- Get help with unpaid bills
- Negotiate an affordable car lease agreement
Visit us to learn all our app's extensive features.