How to Dispute an Apple Pay Transaction the Easy Way
Apple Pay is a mobile app designed to protect your credit card information by allowing you to store it in the app and use it to pay for purchases both in-person and online. It's a great option to mask your credit card numbers and avoid the hassle of getting out your card each time you want to make a purchase.
However, there might come a time when you need to dispute an Apple Pay transaction. It might be an unauthorized purchase or a duplicate one. You can use the DoNotPay to easily and quickly .
How to Dispute an Apple Pay Transaction With DoNotPay
It can be nerve-wracking when you find a that isn't yours. The DoNotPay app makes it easy to dispute it. Start on the "File a Chargeback" screen in the app and follow the prompts through these steps:
- Choose the type of account and pick the financial institution. Identify the type of account and then the prompts will lead you to choose Apple Pay from the list of available financial institutions.
- Answer questions about the disputed transaction. The next few prompts walk you through some basic questions about the transaction. This includes the date of the transaction and the amount that's disputed.
- Discuss additional details. With the formalities out of the way, the app prompts you to discuss information, including any past purchases you've made with the vendor or possible additional users on your account.
- Finish the dispute. You can choose to file the Apple Pay transaction dispute through the DoNotPay app or handle it yourself. Review and confirm the info and sign using the app.
When you choose to let DoNotPay file the dispute for you, the app sends the information directly to Apple Pay to start the process.
How to Dispute an Apple Pay Transaction on Your Own
With the Apple Pay app, you can only report an authorized or some other type of dispute through the app. Here's a look at the steps involved in disputing a transaction on your own.
- From the Wallet app on your iPhone, select Apple Card.
- After selecting Apple Card, locate the transaction you want to dispute and click on it.
- After clicking on the transaction a second time, select Report an Issue and tap it.
- Next, you need to define the reason for the dispute. There are usually two options:
|Unknown Transaction||Tap this option for purchases you did not make|
|Charge Dispute||For a transaction you are aware of, yet you want to dispute it for other reasons, click the Charge Dispute option, and then click the Reason for Dispute|
- After clicking Done, you'll start chatting with an Apple Card specialist.
The DoNotPay app makes it easier to file an Apple Pay transaction dispute without the need to chat with a specialist.
Apple Pay Refund Policy
The Apple Pay refund policy states that you should receive the funds within five business days. However, when it's a disputed transaction, Apple Pay needs to investigate to determine if it's an unauthorized transaction. You may receive a provisional refund pending the outcome of the investigation.
There are some steps you can take to help make the process easier. You must cancel the card associated with the Apple Pay account and notify Apple Pay. You might need to report the incident to the police or update the three major credit bureaus. DoNotPay can make it easier to dispute an Apple Pay transaction.
How Long Does It Take To Get a Refund Through Apple Pay?
You should receive a refund for a disputed Apple Pay transaction within five business days. It might be a provisional refund if there's a need to investigate the charge. An investigation relies on information from the merchant, which can take time.
Common Issues When You Dispute an Apple Pay Transaction
There are some issues that can arise during the investigation process. It isn't always smooth sailing after filing a dispute for an Apple Pay transaction. Here are a few issues you might face:
- It might take the vendor an extended period of time to get back to Apple Pay.
- They might come back and say the charges are valid.
- You might be asked to provide additional proof that you didn't make the purchase or the amount is incorrect that's hard to produce.
When you use the DoNotPay app, you can save time filing the initial Apple Pay transaction dispute.
How Can You Check the Status of Your Refund Request?
Unfortunately, there isn't an easy way to check your refund request status with Apple Pay. You'll need to go through the app and chat with one of the account specialists to get an update. You need to have your personal information available to verify your identity.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
The ability to file an Apple Pay transaction dispute through your DoNotPay is convenient, but there are so many more options to make your life easier. Here are a few options for you to explore:
- Create a virtual credit card to keep your real one private.
- Request a refund or other compensation for a delayed or canceled flight.
- And much more!