When Your Travel Plans Change—How Does Delta Refund Policy Work?
Delta Air Lines is a U.S. based airline company, transporting over 170 million passengers every year to the United States and international destinations, in Central and South America, the Middle East, Africa, and Europe.
If you can relate, check out how to request a refund from Delta and get your money back!
What Is the Refund Policy for Delta Airlines?
When flying, you will take a lot of things into consideration: fares, seating, entertainment, food, WiFi, power outlets, and the possibility of refunding your plane ticket.
With Delta, you can cancel almost any flight and get a refund in most cases. For non-refundable tickets refund possibilities are limited, but existent.
If you are flying with Delta, you can pretty much cancel any flight. Exceptions are Basic Economy fares that cannot be changed or canceled at all.
Getting a refund depends on the type of the ticket you have. There are several ways to request a refund:
- Phone Call
How to Request a Refund from Delta Through Mail
One of the methods to get a refund from Delta is to contact them through the mail, either via U.S. Postal Service or Courier Service. To do this, you can send your unused flight tickets by mail to the Delta Passenger Refunds Department
If you are using the U.S. Postal Service, send the tickets to:
Delta Air Lines, Inc.
P.O. Box 20537
Atlanta, GA 30320-2537
If you choose to do this via Courier Service, then send the tickets to:
Delta Air Lines, Inc.
700 South Central Avenue Hapeville
How to Request a Delta Refund Using Other Methods
Other than using regular mail, you have three other methods to request a refund from Delta Airlines: by calling them on the phone, contacting them in person in one of their offices, or visiting their website.
- Phone Call—To request a refund, you can call Delta Reservation Sales at 800-847-0578
- In-Person—You can get a refund for your ticket at one of Delta’s ticket offices
- Website—You can apply for a refund through their website if you go to the Find Your Trip page. You can also log in and go to My Trips
How to Get a Refund for a Non-Refundable Plane Ticket With Delta?
Despite its name, you may still get a refund for a non-refundable plane ticket. The refund possibilities vary depending on whether you have canceled your flight, or it has been canceled/delayed for reasons beyond your control.
- If you cancel a non-refundable ticket, you will have to pay a cancellation fee. The fee is deducted from the original cost of your ticket, and any remaining funds will be converted to eCredit. You can use eCredit to pay for another flight. There is no option to apply for a refund in this case
- If a flight is delayed or canceled by the airline, your ticket will be converted to eCredit, or you will be rebooked on an alternative flight. There is also a possibility to request a refund in this case
If you purchased a non-refundable plane ticket, here is how to cancel it:
- Go to the Delta website and choose either Find Your Trip or Log In
- Tap on My Trips
- Pick the trip you need to cancel
- Select Cancel Flight button
- Follow the instructions
If your non-refundable flight was canceled or delayed, you might be entitled to request a partial refund. Fill in the details to request a refund for an upcoming trip.
How to Cancel a Refundable Ticket and Get Your Money Back?
If you’ve purchased a refundable ticket, there is nothing to worry about. With refundable tickets, you can cancel any flight, and apply for a refund for both the ticket and additional services.
This is the how to do it:
- Log into your account on Delta’s website or go directly to Find Your Trip
- Choose My Trips and select the flight you want to cancel
- Click on Modify Flight
- Pick Start Flight Cancellation option
If you want to request a refund, there are three options:
- Request a refund for a refundable ticket, which is only valid if you used a credit card, cash, or check as your method of payment
- Apply for a Refund for Trip Purchases, such as Sky Priority® boarding, a WiFi pass, or other amenities
- Apply for a Refund for Trip Protection
Delta Risk-Free 24 Hour Refund Policy
Risk-Free Cancellation means that after you’ve bought an eTicket, you have up to 24 hours after booking to cancel it. In this case, you will receive a full refund with no fees.
Here is how to do it:
- Use Find Your Trip or Log In options
- Go to My Trips
- Pick the flight you need to cancel
- Select Cancel Flight button
Keep It Simple! Get a Refund for Delta Flight With DoNotPay!
You can request a refund from Delta within minutes with DoNotPay.
Here is how
- Open DoNotPay in a web browser
- Choose Chargeback Instantly feature
- Add details about your bank
- Type in Delta Air Lines as the merchant
- Follow the steps to build up your case
DoNotPay will create a dispute letter and send it directly to Delta and your bank. It will also provide you with evidence that you can use in your case.
How Can You Check the Status of Your Delta Refund Request?
When you submit your refund application, you can check on the status of your refund request in two ways.
You can track the refunding process online, or you can dial:
- 800-847-0578 within the U.S. and Canada
- 404-715-5417 within Atlanta, Georgia or outside of the U.S. and Canada
What Is Delta Airlines Refund Time?
Delta will process the request for a refund within 24 hours from the cancelation date.
Some glitches might happen, and you might not get a refund date immediately. If that happens, there may be a problem with your payment method. Contact your bank for further steps.
When your refund request is processed and approved, you can expect the payment within 30 business days of Delta’s initial receipt of the refund request.
Once Delta issues a refund, it may take up to two billing cycles for funds to be returned to you.
If there are any irregularities, you can contact Delta Help Center or speak with customer support representatives by calling 800-221-1212. If the customer service reps make you wait in the phone queue, you can use DoNotPay to handle the situation.
Can You Request a Refund Via
|Yes / No|
Don’t Stop Here! Get Your Money Back From Other Companies With DoNotPay!
DoNotPay can be your virtual assistant and help you solve all sorts of administrative issues. You can use DoNotPay to deal with unemployment insurance issues, report or block spam calls, and even prevent an ex from stalking you.
Open DoNotPay in your web browser and check out what else our app has to offer!
DoNotPay can help you with :
- Getting even with robocalls
- Canceling various subscriptions or memberships
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Avoiding the phone queue when getting in touch with the customer service of any company
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Contesting parking tickets
- Getting refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Handling issues with credit cards
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds from other companies
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy