How to Dispute Dallas Parking Tickets Without a Lawyer
A parking ticket can be annoying. Whether you left your car longer than intended or it broke down in the restricted areas, the sight of a fluttering piece of paper stacked underneath your windshield wiper can ruin your day. But beyond that, it can attract hefty fines and other charges. Disputing Dallas parking tickets is the best way to void or minimize these charges and vindicate your name.
But like many people, you are probably wondering how to navigate the dispute process. Perhaps you're contemplating finding someone with experience to help you dispute the case. Or you're just bothered about the challenge of paying for the tickets.
Luckily, you don't have to struggle alone. DoNotPay can help dispute Dallas parking tickets without a lawyer. We can also make the payments for you. With our help, parking tickets should never be a cause for concern.
How Much Does a Parking Ticket Cost in Dallas?
Before 2019, Dallas city treated all parking offenses like traffic tickets. The charges for most parking offenses ranged from $80 to $200. One also had to schedule a court hearing to dispute the ticket.
But parking tickets in Dallas are now civil offenses, with fines of between $25 and $75; $25 for a first offense, $50 for a second, and $75 for all subsequent offenses. Other aspects like the type of violation and where it happens can influence the cost too.
How to Pay for Your Parking Ticket in Dallas
You can pay online, via mail, phone, or in person. It mostly boils down to your preference.
Pay Dallas Parking Tickets Online
- Go to the online payment system, and select either ticket, plate, or notice number in the box.
- Click Submit to start the secure credit card payment process.
- Follow prompts on the secure payment site to complete payment.
- Wait for the confirmation page (and print it for records).
You can also use the Dallas Municipal Online Payment site.
Pay Dallas Parking Tickets by Phone
Call 1-866-247-1951 and follow the recorded instruction to pay over the phone with a credit card. You can also call the same number to apply for a 10-day extension, provided you do so before the due date on the ticket.
Pay Dallas Parking Tickets in Person
You can pay at the Oak Cliff Municipal Center, 320 Blvd, Room 216. They accept money orders, major credit cards, personal checks, and cash. The office runs Monday-Friday 8 am to 5 pm and is closed on weekends and holidays.
Pay Dallas Parking Tickets By Mail
You can mail a check/money order (with the citation number) to the address on your parking ticket.
|City of Dallas Contact Details|
|In-person Payment Address||Oak Cliff Municipal Center at 320 E. Jefferson Blvd, Room 216, Dallas, Texas|
|Mail-in Payments Address||Check behind your parking ticket|
|Online Payment Portal||City of Dallas Website of Dallas or Municipal Online Payment|
Can I Dispute My Parking Ticket in Dallas?
Yes. If you believe that the ticket was unfair or unlawful, you have the right to dispute and appeal your parking ticket in Dallas.
Here's how to go about it:
- Confirm the administrative hearing date on the parking ticket. This way, you can dispute on or before that date.
- Decide if you'll dispute the ticket by phone, mail, or person.
- If it's in-person, you'll go to the Oak Cliff Municipal Center for a hearing before an administrative judge. The office opens Monday-Friday from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm, and the process takes about an hour or less.
- If it's via mail, you can mail your request to the City of Dallas, PO Box 650302, Dallas, TX 75265-0302. Explain why you're contesting the ticket, and include your personal & contact details, the required form, and pieces of supporting evidence.
- If it's online, complete and send your hearing request here. Attach the needed form.
Is Contesting a Parking Ticket in Dallas Worth the Hassle?
Yes. Going to court over a parking ticket is worth it. It clears your name and saves you from paying a lot of money in fines.
If you don't have a lot of free time, let DoNotPay handle everything for you. We can help with payments and dispute your parking ticket in Dallas.
Do I Need a Lawyer to Dispute a Parking Citation in Dallas?
No, you don't need a lawyer. You can dispute a parking citation yourself. The only concern comes when you don't have time or the energy to call, write letters, or go to the offices. And this is where DoNotPay comes in handy. DoNotPay will handle all the legal and hard work with a button click.
But if you wish to hire a lawyer, then here are some considerations:
- Experience: The lawyer should have the necessary experience to handle parking ticket cases in Dallas. It's an added advantage if they've handled numerous cases successfully.
- Reputation: The lawyer should be known for their good work. They should also be in good standing with different legal services boards.
- Costs: Hiring a lawyer is often expensive. Figure out the cost of hiring a lawyer vs. the fine you're trying to fight and determine if it's worth it.
Contest Parking Tickets in Dallas in Less Than 120 Seconds
DoNotPay has beaten 160,000 parking tickets, and yours can be the next one. We have systems in place to fight organizations and beat bureaucracy, saving you the trouble of having to do it yourself.
Here's how to get started:
- Log in to DoNotPay and find the Parking Tickets product.
- Upload a photo of your parking ticket.
- Provide us with some details on why you believe the parking ticket is a mistake.
- Select whether or not you want the letter mailed to the traffic ticket issuer on your behalf!
- That’s it! You’ll receive an appeal letter that contains state vehicle codes to boost your case.
It's really that simple. Look out for your traffic ticket issuer's response to discover whether you won.
DoNotPay Helps Users Fight and Beat Tickets in Any City
The way DoNotPay fights and beats parking tickets in Dallas is the same way it does across other cities in the US. Use the legal app to dispute:
- San Jose parking tickets
- LA parking tickets
- New Orleans parking tickets
- NYC parking tickets
- California parking tickets
- Rutgers parking tickets
- Seattle parking tickets
- Chicago parking tickets
- SFMTA parking tickets
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Disputing Dallas parking tickets isn't the only thing that DoNotPay does. We can help resolve a host of other issues across different industries, including:
- Find missing money
- Get cheap city repairs
- Dispute seatbelt tickets
- File a complaint
- Get airline flight compensation
- Negotiate a car lease
- Renew car registration
- File insurance claims
Sign up today to get started.