Dispute CP Plus Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) Easily
If you are parking in a private carpark or garage found throughout different cities, you need to make sure you have all of your permits posted if it is private or makes sure that you are parked appropriately in the spot. Otherwise, you could be left with a CP Plus PCN. One of the biggest parking groups in all districts is CP Plus and they manage hundreds of private carparks throughout the United Kingdom. With the help of DoNotPay, you can challenge a CP Plus PCN you have received that may not be fair or accurate.
Did You Receive a CP Plus Parking Charge Notice?
Walking back to your car in a carpark managed by CP Plus, you may have noticed a PCN attached to your dash, or even caught the attendant writing the ticket at the time. If you have received a parking ticket from CP Plus, then you know it is a third-party ticket and is being issued on the behalf of the carpark owner. This could be for a single owner of private property, an institution that has contracted out its services, or a private business with substantial parking.
CP Plus has merged with Ranger Services to create Group Nexus.
Are Parking Charge Notices Common?
When you are parking in public areas or private carparks in the United Kingdom, you need to be looking for notices regarding parking terms. It is common to receive a parking notice in all of the districts, including the following
These councils write some of the most tickets throughout the country. However, they are still not as many as you would get if you were to travel to the United States. some of the cities below write some of the most PCNs in their cities than any other in the world.
Like the United Kingdom, there are both public and private carparks available that require parking tickets to be paid and lots to be monitored, avoiding excessive illegal parking.
Can I Challenge My CP Plus PCN?
There are certain situations where you can challenge the PCN that was issued by CP Plus. Below are grounds to challenge or appeal the charge notice.
- The information on the CP Plus PCN is incorrect. If they have included information that does not match you as the owner of the vehicle, then there is a good chance you can have it dismissed.
- Photo evidence that they have the wrong vehicle. If you have evidence to prove that the ticket was sent to the wrong person or that another vehicle was committing the offence, then you can appeal your ticket.
- No signs were posted for the offence. To cite an offence in a private carpark, there must be a sign or information displaying illegal parking terms. If there isn't anything posted, then you can challenge.
You can reach out to CP Plus through Group Nexus
|Phone Number||020 7431 4001|
Jack Straws Castle
North End Way
London, NW3 7ES
How Long Do They Have to Charge Me for the Offence?
In most cases with CP Plus, the parking attendants will issue the ticket on-site while you are parked illegally according to their rules. If they do not cite you then and use cameras to place the charge, they have 28 days to send in a notice through the post. If you receive notification regarding the offence more than 28 days following the event, then you have grounds to appeal the charge.
What is the fine for the CP Plus PCN?
Depending on what the owner of the carpark sets as the charge, the fine that you are charged for the CP Plus PCN offence can vary through CP Plus. On average, most of the CP Plus clients charge 50 pounds for the offence first and then it is upgraded to 80 pounds if it is not paid by the due date. Depending on what kind of contract you have with the company that owns the lot, you could be charged automatically for the fine in draft renewals.
What Happens If I Do Not Pay the CP Plus PCN?
Since CP Plus is a private ticketing agency, different consequences exist compared to those offences that are charged by them. You will not necessarily face the same consequences that you would with a public PCN.
- Possibly revoke your parking permit if you have parking tickets that are unpaid in their carpark.
- Add the cost to your monthly or annual premium if the carpark is affiliated with your apartment. The difference in this addition versus paying it on your own is that interest may be added to the total.
- Limit services until the ticket is paid. If the carpark where you gained the offence is at university, then the institution may not release academic records or titles until you pay the fine.
Private companies do not have the legal flexibilities that public council workers do when it comes to consequences.
Can DoNotPay Help Me With My PCN Appeal?
Wired in an article wrote about DoNotPay successfully helping more than 160,000 clients overturn parking tickets in London and New York. The next one could be yours.
With just a few steps, DoNotPay can help you fight your parking ticket (again for UK users, we cannot mail the letter)
- Log-in to DoNotPay and go to the Ticket Disputes category. Select the Parking Ticket product.
- Upload a photo of your citation.
- Provide us with some details on why you believe the citation issued is a mistake.
- That’s it! You’ll receive an appeal letter that contains the best argument to win your case.
It's really that simple! You can use the carefully crafted appeal letter to serve as your argument when you challenge your ticket.
Are There Other Ways DoNotPay Can Help Me?
DoNotPay can be just as helpful with other tasks as they are with appealing your CP Plus PCN offences. Below are a few other tasks where you can get DoNotPay to help
- Negotiate your car lease for an affordable payment.
- Appeal your seatbelt ticket charge
- Have you had poor service? File a complaint with the appropriate department.
DoNotPay allows you to complete these tasks in a matter of minutes and from the convenience of your phone.