How to Appeal a City of Westminster PCN Easily
Though the City of Westminster, a borough of London, is known for having transparent rules and a high compliance average, they have many parking rules. If they have charged you with a contravention and want to file a City of Westminster PCN appeal, you have options.
In recent years, there has been an increase in PCN revenue, with an average violation contribution of £78. Since the City of Westminster's ticket appeals will often be refused by the council, you may need help to avoid fees.
If you are hoping for a more positive outcome, DoNotPay can guide you through filing your City of Westminster PCN appeal quickly. It can be done using the same process that has already helped others avoid parking tickets for speeding and parking.
Receiving a Parking Charge Notice in Westminster
In Westminster, PCNs are in place to protect everyone. The city is divided into six Controlled Parking Zones (CPZs). These zones show where and when you can park without penalty. The colour-coded map shows CPZ Operational Hours as:
- Blue: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 6:30 pm
- Yellow: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 6:30 pm. Saturday 8:30 am - 1:30 pm
- Monday - Saturday 8:30 am - 1:30 pm
In the residential areas, there are also hours of control that must be followed, or you could get a citation.
Other reasons you may receive a parking ticket, even with a blue badge, include:
- Parking in Single or Double Yellow Lines
- Not Paying for Pay-to-Park
- Wrongly Parking in Specialised Bays or Suspended Bays
- Parking in Footway Areas
- Blocking Taxi Ranks, Bus Stops and Cycle Lanes
- Other Traffic Contraventions Including Red Light and No Right Turn Violations
If you have received a PCN, it is because you were the driver or a person who appeared to be in charge of a vehicle while it committed an alleged parking contravention, or you are the registered keeper of that vehicle.
Tickets have the information pertaining to your charge. To learn more about contraventions or see photographs of the incident, you will need to visit the City of Westminster.
How to Pay a Parking Fine in Westminster
If you feel that the allegations are factual, and simply want to pay your PCN, this can be done easily. You can pay the ticket via:
|Online||You will need to include the 10-digit number beginning with WE, WS or WM to get started.
Please Note: If your ticket was issued more than 60-days prior, you cannot use this method of payment.
|By Phone||You can pay with a credit or debit card by calling: 020 7823 4567.|
|Your Nearest Westminster Post Office||Some post offices allow you to handle payments for driving licence renewals and tickets. You will need to check with your local branch to see if you can use their services.|
|By Post||If you wish to pay by cheque or postal order, you will need to make it payable to the City of Westminster. Then send it to:
Parking Services, City of Westminster
PO Box 733
Redhill RH1 9FN
You should never send cash through the post. If you pay within 14 - 21 days of the Notice to Owner (NtO), you may receive a 50% discount on the fee.
How to Challenge PCN in Westminster
You will need to include the following:
- Your PCN Reference Number
- Your Name
- Your Address
- And Evidence That Can Support Your Claim
You may appeal a PCN in Westminster for a variety of reasons. Some of the primary reasons include:
- You Received a PCN over 14 Days After the Incident
- You Feel You Were Wrongly Charged
- There Were Unclear Markings or Signs
- The Parking Metre Was Broken
- You Feel You Are Being Overcharged
- You Weren't the Driver
- You Could Not Get to Your Vehicle Fast Enough
- You Were Waiting for a Tow and Unable to Move
The cost of Westminster PCN informal appeal is free, so if you feel the charge is wrong, try to challenge it. Once your City of Westminster PCN challenge is started, you may need to wait 10 days to hear a final decision.
If the informal challenge is rejected, you will need to issue a formal challenge within 28 days. You may also consider seeking help if the appeals process confuses you. An easy and fast option to consider is using the DoNotPay process.
Penalties for Not Paying a Ticket in Westminster
When you receive a PCN, it is important that you do not ignore it. Doing so may cause extra penalties, including bigger fines and court costs. For instance, if you received an FPN (Fixed Penalty Notice) and do not pay within 28 days, they will charge you an additional 50%. If the FPN involves you leaving your vehicle in a dangerous position, you could also receive penalty points on your licence.
These penalty points could cause a driving ban if you receive 12 points within three years.
Challenge Westminster PCN in Minutes With DoNotPay
DoNotPay is an online robotic lawyer group that has handled over 200,000 tickets in the United Kingdom. As shown on Evening Standard, it is simple to use and targets unfair parking tickets or penalties.
If you want help to challenge the penalty charge notice in Westminster, getting started is easy. You simply need to:
- Log-in to DoNotPay and go to the Ticket Disputes category. Select the Parking Ticket product.
- Upload a photo of your citation.
- Provide us with some details on why you believe the citation issued is a mistake.
- That’s it! You’ll receive an appeal letter that contains the best argument to win your case.
It's really that simple! You can use the carefully crafted appeal letter to serve as your argument when you challenge your ticket. All you will need to do is mail it to the Parking Services, City of Westminster.
What More Can DoNotPay Help You With?
- Islington Penalty Charge Notice
- Birmingham Gove UK Penalty Charge Notice
- New York City Parking Tickets
- Seattle Parking Tickets
- Chicago Parking Tickets
We do not stop there, though. DoNotPay offers a large variety of services that make life easier. Some popular services are:
- Dealing with Car Registration Renewals
- Filing Insurance Claims
- Discover Missing Money
- Tackle Car Lease Negotiations on Your Behalf
- Seek Airline Compensation for Delayed or Cancelled Flights
- File Complaints for you
If you would like to know more about Westminster parking ticket appeals or one of the other services provided by DoNotPay, simply visit us online.