How To Sign Up for Legitimate CBD Clinical Trials
Cannabidiol (CBD) has been in both the media and research spotlight for its health benefits and therapeutic values.
There have been several studies and clinical trials using CBD to treat a range of different health issues, but because the substance has only recently gained traction in the medical circles, not all of the studies are credible.
The number of CBD oil trials, medical marijuana research studies, and marijuana clinical trials, is increasing with the hemp and cannabis legalization processes, which is ramping up the research data credibility.
You may be inclined to hit Google with CBD clinical trials, clinical trials near me, or highest-paid clinical trials near me, in hopes of getting to the CBD-related list of drugs currently in clinical trials, but there is a simpler way.
Keep reading to learn how DoNotPay, an app honored with the American Bar Association Louis M. Brown Award for Legal Access, can help you get into the CBD trial you want.
What Is a CBD Clinical Trial?
If you are determined to find clinical trials focused on CBD, you must define what you are looking for.
CBD is the second most active component in the cannabis plant, but it doesn't cause a "high" by itself. The component can be derived from hemp, a cousin of the marijuana plant, in relatively large quantities.
A clinical trial definition describes a clinical trial as research that involves human participants exposed to different medical treatments.
The purpose is to answer a specific question and get to the root of effects specific treatments have on the health or behavioral patterns of its participants.
CBD clinical trials follow the same pattern. CBD testing is necessary to find the best method for patients to use cannabidiol based on their health issues.
CBD research goes through several stages before reaching the clinical trial level:
- Basic Research—The initial research to establish chemical characteristics of CBD-based treatment
- In Vitro Studies—Direct analysis that examines the toxicity of CBD on live-cell cultures
- In Vivo Studies—Advanced examination of effects CBD-based treatment has on animals (non-human)
- Clinical Trials—The fist level of CBD research conducted on humans in four different stages
There is also a meta-analysis, which is a review of published research papers. It follows the clinical-trial level if the whole process goes well.
Who Can Participate in CBD Oil Clinical Trials?
CBD-study requirements vary, depending on the team behind it, but these are usually randomized clinical trials.
This means that the people who participate in clinical trials that test a CBD-treatment get randomly assigned into an experimental group or a control group—one that gets the CBD-based treatment and one that gets a placebo.
When it comes to the types of these clinical trials, CBD trials are often double-blind, which means that both the participant and the researcher don’t know which subjects get the treatment and which the placebo.
The trials could be open-label—where everyone is familiar with everything—but that’s not common.
Participants can be:
- Physically healthy individuals that joined a paid clinical trials for healthy volunteers
- Any individual suffering from a condition that the research team want to test CBD-treatment on
Some of the conditions CBD researchers often pick as their topics are: epileptic seizures, Parkinson's disease, ulcerative colitis, chronic pain, substance abuse disorders, multiple sclerosis, cognitive dysfunction in schizophrenia, tumors, depression, and others.
If you are suffering from any of these, you may be eligible for a CBD clinical trial.
How To Sign Up for CBD Clinical Trial With DoNotPay
DoNotPay is the ultimate platform that enables you to find the CBD clinical trials, medical surveys, and paid research studies according to your preferences.
Follow the steps to sign up:
- Access DoNotPay from your web browser
- Pick the Clinical Trials option
- Tap the Get Started button
- Filter out your search—you can choose by type, compensation range, distance, and other factors
- Locate a study you want to join and click on it
- Tap Contact
Your work is done—we will get in touch with the research team, and you can expect an email from them within several days.
Take note that if you opt for paid research, you get to keep 100% of what you earn.
Other Ways To Find CBD Oil Clinical Studies and Trials
There are a few credible U.S. based and international clinical trial databases that handle CBD trials:
- ClinicalTrials is an international platform hosting both privately and publicly supported clinical studies
- The National Institutes of Health (NIH) Clinical Center Studies Index contributes to an assortment of publicly funded clinical trials implemented in Bethesda
- Policy Lab's Guide To Cannabidiol (CBD) Clinical Trials has an up-to-date section with current CBD clinical trials gathered from other platforms
- The European Union Clinical Trials Register allows users to search for clinical trials that are conducted in the European Union, the European Economic Area, and trials outside these areas, but that are still linked to European pediatric-medicine development
What Are the Phases of Cannabidiol Clinical Trials?
Once the CBD research process reaches the clinical trial level, the process is implemented in four phases.
Here is the overview of clinical trial phases:
The goal is to find the highest dose of the CBD-treatment that won't cause severe side effects and to decide on the best way to administer the treatment
The aim is to see if the CBD treatment works and if it has the desired effects on the medical condition of the participants
The goal is to weigh the effectiveness of the new CBD-treatment against the standardized treatments for the same disease or condition
This phase includes the CBD-treatments approved by the FDA after phase three, treatments that can be prescribed by the doctors.
The aim is to monitor the participants for the long-term and unknown side-effects of the treatment
How To Use DoNotPay To Sort Out Your Life
DoNotPay can sign you up for a CBD clinical trial, but aren't you curious about what else we can do?
This administrative assistant app can handle any of your daily bureaucratic troubles.
We can also assist you in signing up for new services. Our virtual credit card can land you any free trial. Try out CBS All Access, Amazon Prime Student, or Avast Antivirus for free with this instant approval virtual credit card.
Open DoNotPay in your web browser and discover how we can take over:
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Keeping yourself safe from stalking and harassment
- Getting appointments with the DMV
- Settling credit card issues
- Getting out of various subscriptions and memberships
- Appealing parking tickets
- Securing refunds and compensation from airlines
- Securing refunds from various companies
- Stopping email spam, scams, and phishing attempts
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Skipping the phone queue when calling customer service
- Fighting robocall scammers
- Suing anyone in small claims court
- Dealing with challenging bills
- Shielding your work from copyright infringement
- Subscribing for free trials without credit card info
- Preventing scammers from texting you
- Finding other suitable clinical trials