All You Need To Know About Bexar County iCare Packages for Inmates
Ordering an inmate care package for your incarcerated loved one or your pen pal is a great way to let them know you are thinking of them.
Writing a letter to an inmate is not too complicated, and the prisoner will easily get it if you address the letter properly. Packages are a different story as they can’t be sent directly or handed over during inmate visitation hours. They need to be sent by third-party sellers approved by the facility.
This is also the case with Bexar County Jail, one of the largest correctional institutions in San Antonio, Texas. This facility collaborates with Aramark, a food distribution company, which serves more than 12,000 inmate meals per day and features iCare, an inmate package service.
If you are thinking about surprising your relative, friend, or prison pen pal with a little gift of encouragement, find the answers to all dilemmas in this article.
What Do iCare Packages Contain?
iCare offers different combinations of goods, including:
- Snacks and sweets
- Non-alcoholic drinks
- Books and magazines
- Clothes and accessories
- Cosmetics and hygienic products
When ordering iCare products, you can choose ready-made gift packages or make your mix by selecting the products from various categories. All the items are pre-approved by the Bexar County Jail authorities, and you don’t need to be afraid that the parcel could be denied and returned.
Another possibility is to make a money order by choosing to deposit $50 or $100 into the inmate’s commissary account. These funds are turned into credits that a prisoner can spend in the Bexar County Jail canteen and buy whatever they need.
What Are the Prices of iCare Packages?
Ready-made gift packs have pre-determined prices. Here’s the table showing the prices and contents of the best-selling packages:
Men’s Hygiene Package
Ladies Hygiene Care Package
Grand Signature Care Package
Write Me Up
BBQ Backyard Burger
If you are making a custom made package to include different types of products, the total price will depend on the items you choose.
How To Order Care Packages for Inmates in Bexar County
The procedure of sending a care package to Bexar County inmates is simple. To place an order, you need to follow these steps:
- Log in to your iCare account
- Select Start Shopping
- Enter the state and the facility where the inmate is, as well as their ID number, so the system can locate them
- Select the inmate and click on the Yes button
- Browse the offer on the website and add the package you want to send to your cart
- Click on Proceed to Checkout
- Enter the payment details
- Confirm that you have read and agreed with the Terms and Conditions
- Submit your order
Once the order process is finalized, you will receive a confirmation email with your order summary.
What Are the Accepted Payment Methods?
iCare currently accepts five payment methods. These are:
- Cash App
- Apple Pay
- Money Order
The system will need around 60 minutes to process your payment, update your order, and send you a payment confirmation via email. Your order should be shipped within two days after the payment is confirmed.
When Will My Order Be Delivered to the Inmate?
Every facility has a scheduled delivery day when the third-party packages reach the inmates. If your order was placed less than two days before the Bexar County Jail scheduled day, your parcel will probably reach the inmate on the following available delivery date.
You should also consider any potential restrictions the inmate may have as that affects the delivery time. Aramark has a three-attempt rule, which means that they will try to deliver your care package three times within a month before they return it.
To get informed about the schedule that Bexar County Jail proposes, contact the jail authorities by dialing 210-335-6010.
How Can I Track My iCare Order?
To track a specific order, proceed as follows:
- Log in to your iCare account
- Select Order Lookup
- Enter the order number and your email address
- Hit Submit
If you placed an order as a guest, enter the email address which you used for ordering, and the system will track the status of your parcel.
Send a Heart-Warming Letter to an Inmate Using DoNotPay
Inmates are thrilled to receive packages, but what makes them even happier is writing a letter full of cheerful and motivating words for them.
DoNotPay offers you an incredible feature that lets you compose and send a message online. There’s also an option to attach photos, which can be a colorful addition to the letter. Our app will turn your digital message into a printed one—as inmates can only receive letters—and deliver it to the recipient as soon as possible.
Here’s the procedure you need to follow once you open DoNotPay in your web browser:
- Search for the Connect With an Inmate option and click on Send a Personalized Letter
- Input the required details (name, ID number, facility)
- Write your message
- Choose the desired template to personalize your letter
- Send the letter
To enable responses from prisoners, you need to choose Allow Replies. If you opt for receiving replies from the inmate, DoNotPay will forward all letters you get to your virtual mailbox. Here’s how the prisoner can reply to your letter:
- They write an actual letter and send it to us
- DoNotPay digitizes it and sends it to your Virtual Mailbox
You can check it anytime by opening our app and checking Virtual Mailbox within the Connect With an Inmate unit.
How To Locate an Inmate With DoNotPay
Another handy feature that DoNotPay has in store is an inmate locator tool. If you aren’t sure in which facility in Bexar County the inmate is located, you can use this feature to get accurate results. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open DoNotPay and search for Connect With an Inmate option
- Click on Locate Someone
- Enter the full name of the inmate and the state where they are serving their sentence
This three-step-procedure is all you need to do to obtain the full physical address of the prisoner you want to send the package to.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Our platform will provide you with answers to other inmate-related questions as well. Your partner or fiancé is currently in jail? Learn more about how to write perfect inmate love letters, how to get married in county jail, or how to prepare everything you need for a prison marriage ceremony. We also help you find the best care package providers in Ohio, Texas, Florida, Georgia, or any other U.S. state.
Find various useful advice and features by exploring our platform in any web browser, as DoNotPay helps with numerous issues, including:
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Getting rid of spam mail forever
- Jumping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Dealing with credit card issues
- Finding any unclaimed funds under your name
- Signing up for services without phone verification
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Getting refunds and compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Contesting parking tickets
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Stopping text spam
- Applying for clinical trials
- Getting in touch with your incarcerated loved ones
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Getting refunds from companies
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Filing warranty claims or appeals
- Waiving college application fees