GA Inmate Packages—How To Send a Package to an Inmate in Georgia
If your loved one is incarcerated in one of the prisons in Georgia, and you want to send them a package, there are some rules you will have to follow. Make sure you find out all the necessary info about the process so that the inmate in question can receive your mail.
Info You Should Know Before Sending an Inmate Package in Georgia
You can find information about sending packages to prisoners in Georgia on the Georgia Department of Corrections (GDC) website. They offer package programs sent via Union Supply, but the rules are susceptible to change, so make sure you keep up-to-date with the process. You can order inmate packages in four ways:
- By mail at Union Supply Direct, Dept. 421, P.O.B., but the 9018, Rancho Dominquez, CA 90224-9018
- Over a toll-free phone: (855) 247-0563
- Via a toll-free fax: (877) 857-6219
Bear in mind that you cannot send packages to inmates whenever you wish and follow the website information for the exact time frames.
How To Send Care Packages for Inmates in GA
You can download order forms from Georgia Inmate Package and see all the products that have been approved by the Georgia Department of Corrections. You can choose between four packages:
|Package Program||Details About the Package Program|
DOC Holiday Package Program
GA Monthly Men's Property Program
GA Monthly Women's Property Program
Muscogee County Prison Package Program
There is a maximum spending and weight limit for state prisons set by GDC. It’s $100 per prisoner and 15 lbs per package. A $2.95 shipping and handling fee is set for all orders, and there are no refunds available.
Who Can Send Packages to Inmates in Georgia?
The GDC allows only people who have been approved for visitation to send packages to inmates. Persons who have been approved for handling the inmate’s finances may also send packages.
You can visit the Georgia Department of Corrections website and check out the requirements needed to register under the category called Visitation—GDC Policy.
Friends and family of the prisoners shouldn’t have a problem registering, so if you fall into this category, you may send packages to the incarcerated person with no trouble.
DoNotPay Can Help You Connect With a Prisoner
If you wish to connect with an inmate fast and easy, you should choose DoNotPay! For the most convenient experience, do the following:
- Access DoNotPay in your and log in to your account
- Search for the Connect With an Inmate category and select it
- Pick any of the three possible features:
- Send a Personalized Letter
- Locate Someone
- Virtual Mailbox
How To Find an Inmate With the Help of DoNotPay
In case you are not sure where your inmate friend is located, DoNotPay can help you find them in a matter of minutes. Our database includes various facilities, be it state, county, federal, or ICE detention centers.
To find out where the convict you want to be in touch with is located, follow these simple instructions:
- Open the prison feature in our app and navigate to Locate Someone
- Provide the name of the prisoner
- Insert the state the prisoner is located in
And that’s all! When you complete these easy steps, we will find your friend and let you know what facility they are in. You can then easily contact them with the help of DoNotPay.
How To Send a Personalized Letter to a Prisoner
In case you choose this feature and want to write to a prisoner, we will make sure they get your letter as soon as possible. All you have to do is put all your caring thoughts in a letter, and we will find the fastest way to deliver it to your incarcerated loved one.
Save some time and energy by turning to DoNotPay for help in this complicated procedure that involves multiple steps, including addressing a letter to an inmate correctly. Here are the steps to take:
- Open the DoNotPay prison feature
- Enter the inmate’s name and ID in the required fields
- Compose your message directly through our app or upload it
- Attach pictures to the letter if you feel like it
- Pick one of our numerous customized letter templates if you need help with the composition
DoNotPay will print the letter and send it to the inmate you want to get in touch with. Your message should arrive quickly and without trouble.
How To Receive Inmates’ Letters With DoNotPay
It is invaluable to write a letter to a person in prison who you can’t talk to or visit whenever you wish to, but hearing from them is equally important. DoNotPay has made sure you don’t have a monologue but a meaningful two-way conversation with the person in jail. These are the only steps the process involves:
- The inmate sends the letter from prison to a specific address
- DoNotPay receives the letter and makes a digital version
- We send the digitized letter to you
You will be able to see it in your Virtual Mailbox and read it whenever you wish to.
Forget about the potential troubles that usually happen with mailing services and enjoy reading the letter from your prison pen pal from your device.
Will the Jail Staff Read Your Letters?
As a rule of thumb, letters sent to inmates are opened and scanned before reaching the recipient. Since there are no exceptions for personal letters and messages, you should avoid talking about their case. Code words are also forbidden, and the checkers can easily detect them, so better to leave those out. The staff won’t read all letters in detail, but try to keep the letters simple and refrain from any illegal or controversial topics.
The only exception to these rules is legal mail sent by attorneys or other legal institutions. No one opens this mail except the recipient.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help you understand the rules for sending inmate packages in other states such as Ohio, Florida, or California. If you are interested in learning more about iCare packages for inmates, we also have the scoop.
Maybe you would like to get some useful ideas for sending gifts to prisoners? Our app has the most creative suggestions.
DoNotPay is an app with a few tricks up its sleeve, and we can make all your administrative troubles disappear in just a few steps.
Open DoNotPay in your and let us perform our magic while helping you with:
- Applying for clinical trials
- Getting refunds and chargebacks from any company
- Dealing with bills you can't cover
- Applying for free trials without risk
- Canceling memberships and subscriptions once and for all
- Getting rid of spam mail forever
- Disputing traffic tickets
- Keeping yourself and your loved ones safe from stalking and harassment
- Connecting with your incarcerated loved ones
- Suing companies and people in small claims court
- Keeping your work safe from copyright infringement
- Contesting parking tickets
- Getting a DMV appointment scheduled fast and easy
- Dealing with credit card issues
- Getting sweet revenge on robocallers
- Avoiding the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Getting refunds and compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Fighting speeding tickets
- Blocking text spam for good