File Barker and Stonehouse Complaints Easily

iEditorial Note: These blog posts represent the opinion of DoNotPay’s Writers, but each person’s situation and circumstances vary greatly. As a result, you should make sure to do your own independent research. Because everyone is unique, our self-help tools are never guaranteed to help with any specific situation. DoNotPay is not a law firm and is not licensed to practice law. DoNotPay provides a platform for legal information and self-help.

File Barker and Stonehouse Complaints Easily

Filing is an effective way of getting your product issues solved. Barker and Stonehouse is a furniture retailer based in the United Kingdom. It has been a family-run business in Stockton, County Durham, since 1946. Barker and Stonehouse carries a wide selection of furniture, including couches, beds, dining tables and chairs, office furniture, and children's furniture from designers including Natuzzi, Stressless, Timothy Oulton, Tempur, and Ercol.

With such types of consumer products, there are always queries and complaints involving faulty or broken products and so on. However, getting to Barker and Stonehouse customer support can be quite challenging. Luckily, DoNotPay is here to help you file your complaints or make your queries easily.

How to Make a Complaint to Barker and Stonehouse

, you can get in touch with Barker and Stonehouse customer support through the following channels:

Barker and Stonehouse Contact Information
WebsiteBarker & Stonehouse
Phone0333 010 2353

Barker and Stonehouse Customer Support is available during these hours:

  • Monday to Friday: 9am - 8pm
  • Saturday: 9am - 5.30pm
  • Sunday: 11am - 5pm

Once you get in touch with the Barker and Stonehouse customer support, they'll arrange for a skilled technician to come and inspect it. Barker and Stonehouse collaborates closely with Homeserve, the UK's largest furniture repair company, so you can rest assured that you're in good hands. Here’s how you can reach Homeserve:

Homeserve Contact Information
AddressUnit 8

Waterfront Business Park

Brierley Hill

West Midlands


Phone01384 473 000
Fax01384 473 009
OnlineContact Form

Alternative Ways to File a Complaint Against Barker and Stonehouse

If you can't get a satisfactory response from Barker and Stonehouse customer care, you can try other forms of alternative conflict resolution.

1. ADR Schemes

Alternative dispute resolution (ADR) is a way of settling consumer-trader conflicts that does not involve going to court. The British government wishes to promote the growth of ADR. Better ADR and greater access to it should benefit all businesses devoted to providing the best possible service to their clients.

Some examples of ADR include:

  • Mediation, where a neutral third party assists conflicting parties in reaching a mutually acceptable agreement.
  • Arbitration, a process where a neutral third party examines the facts and renders a decision that is usually binding on one or both parties.

A good example of an ADR scheme is The European Regulation on Online Dispute Resolution. Consumers in the United Kingdom are becoming increasingly active online, including across national borders. The European Regulation on Online Dispute Resolution will give them and other European consumers easier access to redress if something goes wrong with goods or services purchased in other member states without having to go to court.

2. Furniture Ombudsman

An ombudsman is a person who has been designated to investigate company and organization complaints. Ombudsmen are nonpartisan because they are independent, free, and impartial. Before going to an ombudsman, you should try to address your concern with the organization.

You can file a complaint with an ombudsman if you've already complained to the organization and haven't been able to resolve your issue through their complaints method. An ombudsman will also investigate if the organization takes too long to handle your complaint - normally 8 weeks. Some ombudsmen won't look into old complaints, so make sure you check their deadlines. If you have already filed a lawsuit, an ombudsman will not investigate your matter.

To give its consumers peace of mind and demonstrate its commitment to responsible retailing, Barker and Stonehouse is a registered full member of the Furniture Ombudsman. The Furniture Ombudsman is a non-profit organization that works to improve industry standards and has been licensed by the government to offer alternative dispute resolution services. Barker and Stonehouse adhere to their Code of Practice, which provides additional protection to their customers in the event that something goes wrong.

3. Small Claims Court

When all other dispute resolution mechanisms fail, you can opt to sue Barker and Stonehouse in Small Claims Court. The total amount of compensation you can claim in the small claims court in England and Wales is £10,000.

Get Any Customer Service Issue Resolved With DoNotPay

DoNotPay can easily help you reach any company, including Barker and Stonehouse customer service, and get your problem sorted. All you have to do is:

  1. Choose the Other Customer Service Issues product.
  2. Select the option that best describes your issue. This could be requesting a refund, disputing a charge, returning a purchase, suing a company, or making warranty claims
  3. Enter the name of the company you are dealing with.
  4. Provide the details that support your case.

That's it! DoNotPay will review your request and take the necessary steps to complete it. We'll contact the company for you and make your demands!

DoNotPay Can Help You With Handling Complaints for Any Company

DoNotPay not only works with Barker and Stonehouse to help you file complaints. We can also help you file complaints for:

What Else Can DoNotPay Do?

Filing is one of the many services that we offer. Some of the other services include:

Reach out to DoNotPay today to have your issues sorted.

Want your issue solved now?