Arizona Department of Corrections Inmate Phone Calls—All You Need To Know
Whether you’re writing letters to inmates or calling them, there are strict rules that have to be followed. Every state prison has a different set of regulations, which also applies to the Arizona Department of Corrections (ADC).
One of the well-known facts is that you can’t call a prisoner in Arizona, nor in any other state—they have to call you instead.
If you have prison pen pals, it might be impossible to get in touch with them via phone because the majority of prisons allow inmates to call only friends and family. This is why many people write to prisoners.
DoNotPay can help you with writing letters—you don’t have to know how to address a letter to an inmate because our awesome app can do most of the work for you.
Arizona Inmate Phone Calls Rules
If you want to receive a phone call from your incarcerated loved one, you need to apply through an inmate visitation form and specify that you want a phone-only option. There are two ways you can fill out this form:
- Via printed version
When you apply for a visitation or call-receiving option, you’ll have to pay a one-time, non-refundable fee of $25 for a background check. This is regulated by the Department Order 911. You’ll need to provide the correct information in the application, using which you will attest to the accuracy of the information you provided.
Online Application for ADC Inmate Phone Calls
To apply for a visitation or phone call online, do the following:
- Go to the visitation application page
- Enter the ADC Number
- Type in the inmate’s full name
- Select a facility and prisoner’s unit
- Complete the application
You shouldn’t submit an application while your inmate is in the intake process at Alhambra and Perryville. The prison will take up to 60 days to approve or deny your application, and the prisoner will have to inform you about the decision.
How To Submit a Printed Application for AZDOC Inmate Phone Calls
If you don’t want to apply via an online form, you can do it by printing your application. Follow these steps to apply for a visitation:
- Download the visitation form from this page by clicking on Printed Visitation Application
- Print the document
- Fill the form
- Mail it to the Unit Visitation Office where your inmate is located
The envelope must have the following written on it:
- When you include the fee—Attention Visitation Officer-Background Check Fee
- When you don’t include the fee—Attention Visitation Officer
How Much Does Centurylink Inmate Calling in Arizona Cost?
The cost of inmate phone calls via Centurylink will depend on the type of payment. In the table below, you can find the cost:
|Payment Method||Call Type||Price of the Connection||Rate per Minute|
|Debit—Paid by an Inmate||International||$0||$0.40|
How Can DoNotPay Help You Get in Touch With Your Loved One?
Around eight million people are a part of the U.S. prison system. Getting in touch with your loved ones is difficult because the inmate mail rules and regulations are strict, and they don’t allow for mistakes. This is why DoNotPay is here to help you connect with your incarcerated loved ones. You can use our Connect With an Inmate feature to:
- Send a Personalized Letter
- Locate Someone
- Receive a letter in your Virtual Mailbox
With DoNotPay, the process will be effortless and simple because you don’t have to do everything by yourself—you have our help!
Open DoNotPay in your web browser and create an account. We’ll sort the rest out for you.
How To Write an Inmate in Arizona—Use Our Platform To Create a Personalized Letter and Schedule a Call With Your Loved One
Putting the wrong address, prisoner’s unit number, or inmate ID is bound to have the letter returned to you. Waiting in endless lines at the post office is also a problem that DoNotPay can solve for you.
If you need to schedule the next call with your imprisoned loved one, use our app to write them a letter. Here’s how to do it:
- Open your DoNotPay account
- Click on the Connect With an Inmate feature
- Select Send a Personalized Letter option
- Type in all the necessary information
- Write your letter
- Tap Enter
DoNotPay enables you to choose a template that will make your letter even more personalized. We offer styles for birthdays, holidays, seasons, and various other templates. You can also upload a photo that you want to attach to the letter.
With the help of DoNotPay, your letter will be ready to send in five minutes or less.
Don’t Know Where To Find Your Inmate? DoNotPay Can Help You Locate Them in Five Minutes
Contacting an inmate is hard if you don’t know where they are, but DoNotPay can locate them for you in a few simple steps. Regardless of which type of correctional facility they’re in—state, county, federal, or ICE detention center—you’ll be able to use our search tool to find their current location. Here are a few simple steps on how to do it:
- Open the Connect With an Inmate feature
- Click on Locate Someone
- Enter their name and birthday
- Select the state they’re in
- Hit Enter
If you don’t know the date of their birth, the number of their unit, or the inmate ID, DoNotPay can still locate them. You only need to provide us with their full name and the state the prison is located in.
Receive Letters From Prisoners to Your Virtual Mailbox via DoNotPay
You can choose whether you want to receive a response from your inmate via DoNotPay. It will be sent to your Virtual Mailbox in its digitized version. You can access this option from the Connect With an Inmate feature or select it during the process of writing a personalized letter.
DoNotPay will ask you if you want to set up a Virtual Mailbox after you finish writing your letter.
Can DoNotPay Help You Set Your Worries Aside by Assisting You in Solving Your Administrative Issues?
DoNotPay has been honored with the ABA Brown Award for Legal Access, which proves that we can tackle just about any of your legal and administrative concerns. The purpose of our app is to help people such as yourself:
- Protect your work against copyright infringement
- Enroll in any clinical trial
- Say goodbye to spam mail for good
- Appeal speeding citations
- Find your unclaimed money in any state
- Report robocalls and get revenge on them
- Sue anyone in small claims court
- Make an appointment with the DMV without waiting for days
- Use burner phone to verify your account on any service
- Get refunds or compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Deal with credit card problems
- Get in touch with customer service agents without the long wait
- Reach your loved ones in prison
- Dispute traffic tickets
- Drop unnecessary subscriptions and memberships
- Protect yourself or a loved one from stalking and harassment
- Fight parking tickets
- Postpone the deadlines for bills you are unable to pay
- File a claim for any warranty
- Waive college application fees
- Get a refund from any company
- Start free trials without revealing credit card info
- Block spam text messages on any device