What’s the Easiest Way to Get Your Whatcom County Birth Certificate
As a US citizen, having access to your birth certificate is elemental in formal applications—such as family-based/marriage-based green cards, passport applications, etc. Whatcom County birth certificates are available at the appropriate government offices or agencies. The only setback with accessing copies of your , WA, and other counties, is the painfully lengthy application process.
Whatcom County issues birth and death certificates for Washington State. You can apply to get a birth certificate for your newborn. Application for a new certificate or copy can be online or through the mail. Here is how to access your effortlessly with DoNotPay.
What Is the Difference Between Authorized and Informational Birth Certificate Copies?
An authorized birth certificate bears the office's seal or stamp. The element of 'authorization' means that only certain individuals, including you and your immediate family members, can access it easily. Access to an authorized birth certificate is highly restricted since it is considered a valid government-issued ID form. It can be used to acquire other forms of ID, such as a passport and driver's license.
On the other hand, an informational birth certificate contains similar info as an authorized copy. However, it isn't considered an official record of your identity, especially since it isn't sealed/stamped. Unlike an authorized birth certificate, anyone can access an informational copy of your birth certificate. This is not the type of copy you want to acquire to prove your identity.
Who Can Get a Birth Certificate Copy in Whatcom County?
Besides yourself, access to your authorized birth certificate copies in Whatcom County is limited to a few parties, including:
- Your spouse/domestic partner
- Grandparent/great grandparent
- Legal guardian
However, each of these parties may be required to present proof of relation to you before being allowed access to your Whatcom County birth certificate records. Conversely, anyone can order a non-certified informational copy of Whatcom County birth certificate records.
How Much Does it Cost to Get a Copy of Your Whatcom County Birth Certificates?
Getting is $25 per copy. Other fees may apply depending on shipping/ordering methods.
How Long Does it Take to Get a Birth Certificate in Whatcom County?
The duration of getting a birth certificate copy depends on the way you order it and the shipping mode you choose. The times are listed below:
- If you are ordering the copy in person, you will most likely receive your Whatcom County birth certificate within the same day. However, ordering in-person is available when the offices are open.
- Online orders process and ship the copy within 3-7 business days, depending on the shipping mode.
- If you order and specify delivery via mail, you will receive the copy within 1-3 weeks after payment processing.
What Documents Do I Need to Get a Copy of Birth Certificate in Whatcom County?
Submit the following documents:
- An application with required information pieces
- Valid government identification
- Documentation to prove your qualifying relationship.
More importantly, you will have to pay the applicable fee to get your birth certificate copy in Whatcom County, WA.
How to Get a Copy of Your Birth Certificate in Whatcom County by Yourself
|Order your birth certificate copy in Whatcom County via VitalChek, the state's official vendor.
|Download and complete your birth certificate order form. You can also pick up paper copies of the order form from the county office at 509 Girard Street. Attach a copy of your government-issued ID. If required, also attach proof of eligibility requirements. Include your payment. Strictly checks and money orders.
Mail the form to 509 Girard Street, Bellingham, WA 98225.
Whichever method you choose, ordering a copy of your Whatcom County birth certificates takes time and lots of effort, unlike DoNotPay.
Get A Copy of your Whatcom County Birth Certificate with DoNotPay (it’s Easier)
DoNotPay is the perfect solution provider for anyone trying to access their birth certificate records. If you want to order a birth certificate copy in Whatcom County but don't know where to start, access DoNotPay via your access browser and follow these simple steps:
- Go to the Birth Certificates product on DoNotPay.
- Select who the certificate is for (you or a loved one). If you are requesting a copy of someone else's certificate, enter their personal details, and upload evidence that proves your relationship.
- Enter the location you or your loved one was born in, so we can complete the form specific to your state.
- Enter the name(s) of the parent(s) as displayed on the certificate.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Why Use DoNotPay to Access Whatcom County Birth Records?
- Fast. You don't have to spend hours on the process.
- Easy. No filling in tedious forms and following up with every process.
- Success guaranteed. DoNotPay makes the best case on your behalf.
Request a copy or replacement of your with DoNotPay today.