Get Your Skagit County Birth Certificate From the Comfort of Your Home
A birth certificate is the first document that identifies a person—not to be confused with a newborn's hospital card, or a record affirming the birth of the child which is issued by a physician or hospital attendant. Subsequently, you'll need to provide your as a form of identification when applying for other legal documents.
However, in case you lose your birth certificate or have a delay in kick-starting the application process, it can hinder you from getting some services such as registering your child for school or getting a passport. In such an instance, you may want to request an expedited request from your respective government office.
But you don't have to go through the hassle of figuring out where to get your birth certificate, filling out long forms, sending checks, or queuing for long hours. Instead, you can use DoNotPay's efficient online application process to get your Skagit County birth certificate.
What Is The Difference Between an Authorized and Informational Birth Certificate Copy
|Authorized Birth Certificate||Informational Birth Certificate|
|Is a legal identification document||Not a legal identification document|
|You can present it when applying for other legal documents||Cannot be used to apply for legal documents such as passports, driver's licenses, marriage certificates|
|May require notarizations||May not require notarizations|
Who Can Get a Birth Certificate Copy in Skagit County?
Here's a list of persons that can apply for a birth certificate in Skagit County:
- Owner of the birth certificate
- Spouse or domestic partner
- Parent, step-parent, legal guardian, grandparent, great grandparent
- Child or step-child
- Legal representative
- Authorized representative
- Government agencies
- A judge or courthouse official
How Much Do Birth Certificates Cost in Skagit County?
The average cost of one copy of a is $25. Keep in mind that you may receive additional service fees depending on the order method.
Skagit County accepts:
- Check payments
- MasterCard or Visa credit cards
After How Long Will You Receive Your Skagit County Birth Certificate?
If you visit Skagit County in person to get a birth certificate, you can probably get it the same day. Of course, that means you’ll need to take a day off work, drive there, find parking, stand in line, hope your documents are in order, and stand around waiting.
If you mail or fax your request, Skagit County says they’ll get started on it the same day. Assuming you live in the US, and that all your paperwork is correct, you should have your birth certificate within a week or two.
What Documents Do I Need to Get a Copy of a Birth Certificate in Skagit County?
As of January 1st, 2021, Skagit County requires that only persons who can prove a relationship to the owner of the birth certificate can request . Therefore you'll need to provide:
- Document(s) that link you to the birth certificate owner, such as marriage certificates
- Your identity documentation(s) as per the list provided by the Washington State Department of Health. These include a passport and driving license.
- A complete and filled Skagit County birth certificate order form
- Authorized representative form
- If you are a government agency or are requesting the birth certificate for court purposes, provide a letter from the government agency or court stating the official purposes of the birth certificate
- Check or money order paid to Skagit County Public Health
How to Get a Skagit County Birth Certificate by Yourself
Below are the steps you need to follow when getting your Skagit birth certificate by yourself:
- Prove your eligibility by providing the information below
- First, middle, and last name of the subject of the record
- First and last names of all parents listed on the record
- Date of birth (month, date, year)
- City or county where the birth occurred
- Provide your legal identification document
- Fill out the information requested on the form
- Pay the fee
- Send the application form together with the required documents to:
Skagit County Public Health
700 S. 2nd Street, #301
Mount Vernon, WA 98273
Get Your Skagit County Birth Certificate Easily With the Help of DoNotPay
Do you need to get a birth certificate for yourself, your newborn, or a friend or family member of any age urgently without encountering frustrations and delays?
Use DoNotPay's seamless and quick online birth certificate application process by following these eight easy steps below:
- Go to the Birth Certificates product on DoNotPay.
- Select who the certificate is for (you or a loved one). If you are requesting a copy of someone else's certificate, enter their personal details, and upload evidence that proves your relationship.
- Enter the location you or your loved one was born in, so we can complete the form specific to your state.
- Enter the name(s) of the parent(s) as displayed on the certificate.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Use DoNotPay to Apply for a Skagit County Birth Certificate Today
Looking for a hassle-free birth certificate application method? DoNotPay online birth certificate application process is your answer!
DoNotPay's online birth certificate application process relieves you of the stress of having to send emails to the government office, make payments and send checks or receipts, seek a notarization stamp, and much more. Take advantage of DoNotPay's seamless online process today and wait for your to arrive in your home or office mail.