How to Request a Tom Green County Birth Certificate Online
A birth certificate is an important prerequisite identification document. You need to provide it in instances such as school applications, and obtaining a passport or driver's license, among other legal documents.
Therefore, it's advisable to apply for your in good time to avoid delaying or postponing other important life events. But the application process can be challenging, especially when replacing a lost birth certificate or when you want an expedited request. Moreover, it requires investing a lot of time and effort when it comes to filing and mailing the application documents or taking trips to the lawyers or government offices.
Fortunately, DoNotPay has an efficient online application process you can use to get your Tom Green County birth certificate conveniently.
Authorized Birth Certificate Versus Informational Birth Certificate
What's the difference between an authorized and an informational birth certificate?
|Authorized Birth Certificate||Informational Birth Certificate|
|Is used as a legal identification document||Cannot be used as a legal identification document|
|Used to apply for legal documents such as driver's licenses, passports, and marriage certificates||Not used to apply for legal documents|
|Is sometimes notarized||Isn't notarized|
|Has an official seal and stamp||Isn't sealed by the issuing|
Can Anyone Get a Birth Certificate Copy in Tom Green County?
Here's a list of persons that can apply for a birth certificate in Tom Green County:
- Yourself (owner of the birth certificate)
- Parents, grandparents, or legal guardians of the named person in the birth certificate
- Family relatives such as brothers, sisters, children
- Legal representative
How Much Do Tom Green County Birth Certificates Cost?
One copy of a costs $22 for a standard copy and $27 for a rush copy. Tom Green County accepts money orders or cashier's checks paid to the Tom Green County clerk.
Important note: You should only make credit card payments after the clerk has confirmed receipt of your birth certificate application.
What Is The Processing Period for Birth Certificates in Tom Green County, Texas?
In Texas State, birth certificate processing time depends on whether the birth certificate is a standard order or a rush order. Standard orders take between 5 to 6 weeks, while rush orders take between 3 to 5 weeks.
What Documents Should You Present When Ordering for a Tom Green County Birth Certificate?
To apply for your , you will have to prove your identity and relation to the birth certificate owner to the Texas Health Department. Therefore you'll provide the following documents:
- A photocopy of government ID documents such as a driving license or passport
- A duly filled birth certificate application form
- Documents relating you to the birth certificate owner, such as your own birth certificate or national ID documentation
How to Get a Tom Green County Birth Certificate by Yourself
The first step is to fill out the application form, then pay both the service fee and state fee and send your application package to the Health Department for processing. Then, wait for your birth certificate to arrive at the mail address you indicated in the Tom County birth certificate application form.
Texas State allows you to order a birth certificate online whether you're a Texas resident or a resident of another state.
As a Texas resident, you can place an online order for your own, your newborn's, or a loved one's birth certificate. However, as a resident of another state, you can only order your own or your child's birth certificate. If you're not listed as a parent to the owner of the birth certificate, you can't make online order but you can only request the birth certificate in person or via mail.
The next step is to verify your identity by providing either:
- Documents that show the relationship to the birth certificate owner
- Your social security number
- Your state-issued identification document, such as a driver's license
Then fill out and complete the birth certificate application form. On the form, it's mandatory to fill in the following details for the owner of the Tom Green County birth certificate:
- Their first and last name
- The first and last names of both their father and mother
- Their place(city or county) of birth
Lastly, pay for your birth certificate.
Once you've downloaded and filled the printed birth certificate application, gather the form with the payment and identification document(s) and mail everything to Tom Green County Clerk Attn: Vitals 124 W Beauregard San Angelo, TX 76903.
You can also go physically to drop off your birth certificate application between 8 AM-4:30 PM CST, at 124 W Beauregard, San Angelo, TX 76903-5835.
DoNotPay Will Help You Get Your Tom Green County Birth Certificate Online
Looking for an online platform that will get your Tom Green birth certificate conveniently and quickly? Use DoNotPay's seamless and quick online birth certificate application process by following these eight easy steps below:
- Go to the Birth Certificates product on DoNotPay.
- Select who the certificate is for (you or a loved one). If you are requesting a copy of someone else's certificate, enter their personal details, and upload evidence that proves your relationship.
- Enter the location you or your loved one was born in, so we can complete the form specific to your state.
- Enter the name(s) of the parent(s) as displayed on the certificate.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Why you should use DoNotPay to Get Your Tom Green County Birth Certificate
DoNotPay's robot lawyer is here to make the online birth certificates application process fast, easy, and successful for you!
At the click of a button, you'll order your birth certificate, pay, get notarization, and then wait for the birth certificate to be sent to you. Sign up on DoNotPay and start at your own convenience.