Get a Copy of Your Robeson County Birth Certificate Quickly
A birth certificate is a crucial document that allows you to prove your identity. You will need it to apply for a passport, register your child in school, get a driver's license, and much more.
This post explains how to find your birth certificate, where to get a birth certificate, and the processing time to get one. We also explain how DoNotPay can help you get your Robeson County birth certificate in quick steps.
What's the Difference Between an Authorized and Informational Birth Certificate Copy?
Your birth certificate identifies you as a legal citizen in your state or county and can alter your life significantly depending on your legal, financial, or employment status. This section highlights two kinds of birth certificates you can get in Robeson County:
Authorized Birth Certificate
|Authorized birth certificates are also called certified birth certificates and have stamps from the Health Department.
This birth certificate copy may only be requested and given to a qualified adult like a parent or guardian.
The authorized birth certificate can also be used in court to prove your claim to origins.
Informational Birth Certificate
|Although this is only a copy of your original birth certificate, it is not considered a legal document. Therefore, it is used just for informational reasons and cannot be used as proof of identity in some situations.|
We recommend choosing wisely when applying for a birth certificate in Robeson County. Never allow an institution to hold any copy of your authorized vital records even while submitting them as proof of identity. Always maintain your original authorized documentation for verification purposes and only provide informational copies.
Who Is Eligible to Order Your Robeson County Birth Certificate Copies?
Picking up your birth certificate copy in person is one of the quickest and surest ways of getting your request approved. Not anyone who wants your Robeson County birth certificate copies can access them.
Here's a list of everyone who may be eligible for getting copies of your birth certificates in Robeson County:
- An adult sibling or child of the person named on the birth certificate
- The parents or legal guardians of the person named on the birth certificate
- A legal representative of the individual named on the record
- A social worker working on a case requires access to copies of your birth certificate
- Law enforcement agents with the right to access your vital records for legal reasons
- A person who has the power of attorney to access your birth certificate records
NOTE: No one can access your birth certificate copies without supporting documentation proving their relationship to you, a court order, or other legal documents that provide access to your vital records.
What Documents Must You Have to Get Birth Certificate Copies in Robeson County?
Applying for a birth certificate in Robeson County and requesting to access copies of those certificates is often relatively simple. However, before you can get copies of Robeson County birth certificates, you must provide proof of identity proving you can get copies of the said vital records.
Some documents you can use as proof of identity include:
- A valid national ID
- School ID
- Driver's license issued by North Carolina state
- Voter registration card
- US Coast Guard Merchant Mariner card
- US military card
- Native American tribal identification card with photograph
- US passport card
How to Get Robeson County Birth Certificate Copies with the Help of DoNotPay
Getting a birth certificate replacement or applying for a newborn can be one of the most strenuous and time-consuming processes in Robeson County if you don't know the right procedure to follow. Robeson County birth certificates are also highly restricted and can only be accessed by authorized persons. This can make acquiring copies of your birth certificate even more difficult.
Fortunately, DoNotPay helps make the process quicker, easier, and more successful. You can use DoNotPay's guaranteed process of acquiring copies of your birth certificates within the shortest time, provided you have the proper documentation proving your eligibility to access those documents.
Follow these 8 steps to kickstart the process with DoNotPay's online platform:
- Go to the Birth Certificates product on DoNotPay.
- Select who the certificate is for (you or a loved one). If you are requesting a copy of someone else's certificate, enter their personal details, and upload evidence that proves your relationship.
- Enter the location you or your loved one was born in, so we can complete the form specific to your state.
- Enter the name(s) of the parent(s) as displayed on the certificate.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Why Use DoNotPay to Get Your Robeson County Certificate Copies?
The DoNotPay app is the perfect platform to get your birth certificate online with minimal hassle on your part. Here are the top reasons to use our online platform:
- Fast: we start processing your birth certificate request immediately after hitting the submit button
- Easy: filling the required details on the DNP app is very easy and takes just a few minutes
- Successful: you will find hundreds of success stories from satisfied customers who've used DNP to retrieve their birth certificate copies
Getting your Robeson County birth certificate copies has never been easier with DoNotPay. Trust us to help you access these vital records with our quick, easy-to-use, and guaranteed online service.