What Are Legit Birth Certificate Sites to Get Certified Copies
Many of us don't end up in the same town where we were born. Often, we don't even end up in the same state. As a result, you might find yourself looking for a legit birth certificate site. Dozens of resources online claim they're the most legit birth certificate site. How do you know which one to use?
The truth is, it's hard to tell if you're on a . A sure way to tell is to use DoNotPay. We'll help you track down your birth certificate without the hassle of worrying about identity theft. Read on to find out more.
Which Type of Birth Certificate Do I Need?
There are two types of birth certificates, authorized, or informational. You'll know which type of birth certificate you need based on your purpose for the document.
- If it's for a legal proceeding or proof of identity, you're more likely to need an authorized birth certificate copy.
- If it's for informational purposes only, like you want it for a keepsake, you'll want an informational birth certificate copy.
Who Can Get a Copy of My Birth Certificate?
To get a copy of any birth certificate, you have to be part of the immediate family, a lawyer, or the individual. Here's why it's important:
- It helps to protect your identity from being stolen.
- It helps to keep your data safe.
How Much Does it Cost to Get a Copy of a Birth Certificate?
The cost ranges from state to state, but the basic rate is typically $10 to $25 per birth certificate. It also depends on the kind of birth certificate copy you're trying to get. For example, a notarized and authorized birth certificate copy will cost more. You may also have fees for faster delivery and convenience fees for paying online or on the phone.
How Long Does it Take to Get a Copy of a Birth Certificate?
Generally, it'll take 5 to 10 business days to get a copy of a birth certificate. That varies though based on how busy the vital records office is. You can get your birth certificate faster for an additional fee.
How Can I Get a Copy of a Birth Certificate on My Own?
You can contact the vital records office for where the birth occurred. This isn't guaranteed though. It's also harder to find out what requirements exist for getting a copy of a birth certificate, such as documentation. Even if you have all the right documentation, you've still got to be sure to get it to the right office to get a copy of the birth certificate. As you've probably guessed, this can be a long, tedious, and frustrating process. DoNotPay has an easier way of getting a copy of a birth certificate and you can be sure .
How Can DoNotPay Help Me Get a Copy of My Birth Certificate?
Since there are so many fraudulent sites out there claiming that they are legit and can help you get your birth certificate, it's important to be careful about what site you go through. You want to be sure they are legitimate websites. Or, choose DoNotPay, the world’s first robot lawyer.
DoNotPay is a that can order your birth certificate in a few easy steps.
- Go to the Renew Car Registrations product on DoNotPay.
- Answer a few questions about your current vehicle, including the license plate number, vehicle identification number, make and model, etc.
- Verify your identity with a state driver's license and registration documents.
- Decide how long you want to extend the renewal for (if your state offers multiple options)
- Pay the registration fee (or let us automatically calculate it if you aren't sure).
Pretty easy, right? DoNotPay can help you get a copy of your birth certificate and you can be sure it's from a .
DoNotPay can also teach you a few more things about birth certificates. Here are a few of them:
- How to request a birth certificate online
- How to apply for a birth certificate
- How to birth certificate for a newborn
- How to replace a lost birth certificate
- How to get a birth certificate for your passport
Why Should I Use DoNotPay?
Out of the many different options you've got to get a copy of your birth certificate, DoNotPay offers the best option. Here's why:
- Our services are easy to use. We take care of everything online for you, unless you just want to do it the old-fashioned way.
- We work to get results quickly. That includes the provision of virtual notaries and check mailing services.
- We work for your success.
Let DoNotPay shoulder the heavy work and concentrate on what you do best. Join DoNotPay today!