How to File a Vivint Complaint the Easy Way
With its origins tracing back as early as 1999, Vivint has grown to become one of USA's leading companies in all matters of smart home automation and security systems. Its remote security systems have revolutionized home security as we know it, allowing you to keep track of your home and control your systems from anywhere in the world.Their products include lLights, door locks, or control temperature, CCTVs, and everything in between.
Unfortunately, even with its 'cutting edge' technology, the company doesn't come without its faults. Time and again, Vivint has received its share of from dissatisfied customers, being accused of everything from failing technology and unfair billing. Not to mention, its contracts are incredibly hard to get out of.
Naturally, when this happens, you'd be inclined to get through to them and have it sorted. But as you may expect, customer support is never too eager to respond. Other times they might plainly choose to ignore you, hoping you'd go away. If you are tired of being brushed aside,
DoNotPay is here to assist. Using our vast expertise in legal matters, we will file any on your behalf, and make sure you get the justice you deserve.
How to File a Vivint Complaint on Your Own
If you feel like your rights as a consumer have been violated, you have the right to file a complaint against Vivint. But before anything, you can start by reaching out to them either by calling their customer service or writing to them.
Contacting Vivint with Complaints
The table below explores ways you can reach Vivint.
|Corporate address||4931 North 300
West Provo, UT 84604
Some Common Complaints People Make to Vivint
- Equipment or systems not working properly – The most commonly made complaint to Vivint is usually about its equipment not working as expected. Either the smart locks, burglary detection, smart control, outdoor camera, home automation, or cloud storage has malfunctioned. Other times it might the that the technology is outdated and isn't compatible with the advanced computing software
- Issues with contract cancellation or buyout policies – Either you continue to be billed after canceling a contract or being excessively charged when canceling a contract (buyout)
- Change in contract terms – This includes any discrepancies in contract details or getting into new contracts without your knowledge.
- Being charged a higher amount for a service than was quoted
How to File a Complaint against Vivint if They Fail to Respond
The problem with filing a (or any other company) is that it is likely to get disregarded. For them to take you seriously, you might need to involve other parties to intercede on your behalf.
Some companies that help individuals with complaints include:
- Better Business Bureau (BBB) – This is a nonprofit that provides information about different charities and businesses. It also deals with customer complaints about different firms. You can reach them by calling 2453-362-613 or visiting their official website and filing a complaint.
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) is yet another body that protects consumers, only specifically against deceptive or unfair financial practices. You can reach them by calling (202) 435-9316
- Federal Trade Commission (FTC) – The FTC is meant to safeguard consumers from deceptive, fraudulent, or unfair business practices. You can reach them by calling (202) 326-2222 or visiting their website at reportfraud.ftc.gov
Typically, these organizations will act by composing a demand letter and sending it to Vivint, requesting that they settle your matter and pay what is owed to you. But it is still not guaranteed to work.
Still Not Satisfied with the Response? Take Vivint to Small Claims Court
If the above parties still fail to provide satisfactory results, you can take it a step further and file a lawsuit against Vivint in small claims court.
Now, for a first-timer, it is understandable if the process seems daunting at first. You'll need to fill in some court files, figure out which person to consult about the matter, and even hire a lawyer, all of which can be vastly more expensive than what you stand to gain..
If you are unsure about how to go about all this, DoNotPay has got you covered.
At DoNotPay, our primary objective is to help you get your voice heard and compensation as fast as possible. We will help you with all your demand letters, fill out all the necessary court paperwork, and even follow up with it to get processed.
Why Use DoNotPay?
Our app is fast, easy to use and has proven itself by helping thousands successfully make complaints and get compensated for them. And it's not just in Vivint, our services extend to other large companies out there, including:
Sue Vivint the Easy Way with the Help of DoNotPay
DoNotPay has been designed to make the process easy for you. All you need to do is follow a few steps below and then leave the rest to us.
- Log-in to DoNotPay and select the Sue Now product.
- Tell us how much you are owed by the company, if applicable.
- Select the reason for your lawsuit.
- Provide details about why you're filing the lawsuit including photographic proof and other important information.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Suing companies is just a tiny fraction of the amazing things DoNotPay can help with. We help with pushing through basically any legal or non-legal application you don't have time to make yourself. It doesn't matter if it is a restraining order, divorce settlement, or a complaint against your neighbor. As the world's first robot lawyer, DoNotPay is up to the task.
Some other things we can help with include:
- Negotiating excess hotel bills
- Sue any individual or business small claims court
- Make an appeal against unfair parking tickets
- Get compensated for airline flight delays
- Get free trials
And that just about sums it up! If you are ready to get your Vivint complaint finally handled, you don't need to go to all the extreme lengths. Simply contact us at DoNotPay and let us save you the headache.