How to File for USPS Complaints the Easy Way
The United States Postal Service upholds the philosophy that the customer is always right. Although USPS works very hard to make sure that it offers impeccable services to all its customers, mistakes do happen and, from time to time, customers may wish to air their dissatisfaction.
Customers need to be educated on the right way to file a complaint with USPS. Different methods can be used to file a complaint, and finding the right one to use may be confusing. That said, DoNotPay can help you file USPS complaints easily, with the click of a button. DoNotPay can also help you with filing Walmart, Starbucks, Somatic, and Taco Bell complaints. Read on for more information on this.
How to File a Complaint Against USPS
You can use one of these verified methods to file a complaint with USPS:
1. Make a Phone call
By contacting the post office complaint number, your call will be directed to the next available customer care agent to highlight your issues.
2. Use the Email US form
This is the most preferred method of filing your complaint. You can download the Email US form from the USPS website. You can also use this website to request a refund for shipping.
3. Write a Complaint Letter
You can address your complaint letter to the Customer Advocate office of USPS using the address below.
4. Visit the Post Office
This method will require you to visit the post office in person and request to speak to the station manager at your local post office. The USPS Locator Tool will help you find the post office nearest to where you live.
|Ways to Contact USPS Customer Support|
|Mail Support||United States Postal Service
Office of the Consumer Advocate
475 L'Enfant Plaza, SW
Washington, D.C. 20260-2200
How to File an Online Complaint Using the USPS Complaint Form
Online complaints can be either raised by visiting the USPS OIG website or by using the USPS online complaint form. If you want to use either of these methods, you should only file a complaint about any one of these:
- Contract fraud
- Financial crimes, and embezzlement
- Theft of your items in the mail by either employees or contractors
- Injury compensation fraud
- Whistleblower reprisal
- Any form of misconduct by USPS employees
- Internal affairs
If your complaint falls outside the listed categories, you can contact customer care. That aside, follow these steps to file a complaint using the USPS Complaint Form:
- Visit the complaint form on page
- Fill out the specified fields
- Select whether or not you want to remain anonymous
- If you wish to remain anonymous, you will not need to give any personal information.
- If you choose "No", you will then be required to fill out personal details like your name, address, where you live, etc.
- Complete the Captcha
- Select Preview and proceed to confirm the complaint.
Take USPS to Small Claims Court if Your Issue Is Not Resolved
If your issue is not resolved, for example, if the company refuses to give you a refund, you can sue USPS in small claims court. Because suing large corporations in a small claims court by yourself can be a daunting task, it is important to get the assistance you need. This is why you should let DoNotPay help you file a complaint against USPS in a small claims court.
How to Sue USPS in a Small Claims Court Using DoNotPay
Filing a lawsuit in a small claims court can be quite a challenge, especially if you lack the required legal knowledge. If you experience stage fright or suffer from extreme anxiety, hiring an attorney to represent you in court may be your best shot at winning your case. However, you may have to spend a lot on legal fees because attorneys do not come cheap.
Nonetheless, don't lose hope just yet, because DoNotPay can handle this for you easily and efficiently. DoNotPay will handle this for you in just a matter of minutes and from the comfort of your home.
Here is how to get started:
- Log-in to DoNotPay and select the Sue Now product.
- Tell us how much you are owed by the company, if applicable.
- Select the reason for your lawsuit.
- Provide details about why you're filing the lawsuit including photographic proof and other important information.
And that's all there is to it. After keying in all the required information, DoNotPay will automatically generate a demand letter for you or the requested court filing forms. We will go a step further to email a copy of your demand letter to the business or the individual you are suing. That's not even all! We will give you a professionally written script to use in court to increase your chances of winning.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay has many other services to offer you. These include, but are not limited to:
DoNotPay can also help you with:
- Helping you get airline flight compensation
- Helping you sue anyone in a small claims court
- Helping you get standardized legal documents
- Helping you get free trials
- Helping you negotiate hotel bills
- Helping you with parking tickets
- Helping you get chargebacks and refunds
Why wait any longer? Sign up with DoNotPay today to get affordable legal assistance from the comfort of your home.