Is Vital Chek Legit?
is among America's leading sources of essential information like death certificates, marriage certificates, birth certificates, and divorce certificates. It is an online platform that saves thousands of Americans the hustle of queuing to get these vital documents. VitalChek is the only external authorized online ordering agent for government documents across the nation, meaning that they serve many people.
Over the years, however, there have been complaints about the inefficiency of Vital Chek. Some customers have claimed that they were made to wait longer than the stipulated time of three weeks to get their documents processed. Others claim they were overcharged and poorly served. Luckily, you can now access all your vital documents, especially birth certificates, with the help of DoNotPay.
Who Can Order a Birth Certificate From VitalChek?
Since serves different vital record offices, there is no definite answer to who can order a birth certificate. Every state has different policies, so it depends on the state you are from.
However, most states demand that the people ordering the certificate have a close relationship with the registrant to collect their certificate. Usually, parents, children, and spouses of the registrant will be allowed the birth certificate. More distant kinship like in-laws and exes might be denied access. This is true whether you’re using VitalChek or another service.
How Much Does VitalChek Charge to Get a Birth Certificate?
VitalChek sets its pricing guideline in line with the government agency. This means that you will be required to pay the actual cost of the document, a VitalChek processing fee, and the cost of shipping the certificate. The prices are as follows:
|Agency Fee (Set by city, county, or state)||$2 - $50|
|Vital Check Processing Fees||$2- $16|
|Shipping Fee||Depending on the location|
Since this is an unbiased , we must point out that VitalCheck is not usually the most affordable option.
How Long Before You Get a Birth Certificate From VitalChek?
Unlike most government agencies that deliver birth certificates within four to eight weeks, VitalChek promises to process your Birth Certificate within a week or two. They also have express shipping that lets you get the certificate quickly, conveniently, and securely in case you are running out of time.
Sometimes, however, they may experience technical hitches causing the delay of the birth certificates. During the COVID pandemic, for instance, consumers complained that it was taking six months or more to receive their important documents.
How Do You Order a Birth Certificate From VitalChek?
Ordering a birth certificate from VitalChek requires that you go to their website first. You will then follow the following steps:
- Click on the Order a birth certificate menu
- If you are ordering your birth certificate, fill your name in full
- Choose your state of birth
- Select the city you were born in
- Fill in your date of birth
- Give your reasons for ordering the birth certificate
- Fill in the delivery address
- Pay the charges applicable, including the copy fees, Vital Chek processing fee, and delivery fee.
- Finish the process and wait for it to be processed.
Get DoNotPay to Solve Your VitalChek Birth Certificate Issue
Are you looking to but do not know where to start? Do not worry; at DoNotPay, we have eight easy steps to help you resolve your problem. You just have to do the following:
- Go to the Birth Certificates product on DoNotPay.
- Select who the certificate is for (you or a loved one). If you are requesting a copy of someone else's certificate, enter their personal details, and upload evidence that proves your relationship.
- Enter the location you or your loved one was born in, so we can complete the form specific to your state.
- Enter the name(s) of the parent(s) as displayed on the certificate.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
DoNotPay Works Across Other Entities
Helping with your VitalChek birth certificate issues is not the only thing that DoNotPay can help you with. This product can also help you do the following birth certificate issues:
- Birth Certificate
- Where to get a birth certificate
- Birth certificate online
- Apply for a birth certificate
- Birth certificate for a newborn
- How to replace a lost birth certificate
- Birth certificate for passport
- Fast birth certificates
- How to find birth certificates
- Processing time for birth certificate
What Else DoNotPay Can Do for You?
By signing up at DoNotPay today, you will be able to enjoy a variety of services. They include but are not limited to:
- Negotiating hotel bills
- Using free virtual credit cards
- Suing individuals in a small claims court
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
Get your birth certificate hassle-free today!