What’s the Fastest Way to Get a Vigo County Birth Certificate
Under normal circumstances, a birth certificate is the first official identification document that we own soon after being born. However, some life situations can cause delays in getting one. Similarly, you may realize that you have misplaced your birth certificate when you are in the process of applying for your passport, adoption papers, or a marriage certificate.
So how do you solve this problem easily and quickly? Well, you need to submit an application for a or request a replacement. However, brace yourself for the challenges that this process involves such as locating the right office, finding a notary, filling out long forms, or mailing checks.
For an easy application process, we recommend DoNotPay's efficient birth certificate online application process. DoNotPay will help you expedite a Vigo County birth certificate request easily and quickly.
Learn the Difference Between Authorized and Informational Birth Certificates
Authorized birth certificate copies are sealed or stamped by the official issuing authority. As a result, you can use an authorized copy as proof of identity and apply for subsequent identification documents such as passports, marriage certificates, or your child's birth certificates.
Although informational birth certificate copies are easier to get, they are not legal identification documents. Therefore, you cannot use an informational copy to apply for any legal documentation.
Who Can Get a Birth Certificate Copy in Vigo County, Indiana?
Here's a list of persons that can apply for a birth certificate in Vigo County:
- Owner of the birth certificate who must be 18 years or older
- Parents whose names appear on the birth record
- Grandparents if their child's name is listed on the birth certificate
- Siblings and half-siblings
- A spouse whose relationship is proved by a marriage certificate
- Children or grandchildren who're 18 years or older
- Other persons can request a birth certificate for reasons such as legal interest, genealogy, or in case of death by funeral directors
Important to note: You can apply for dating back to 1882.
What is the Cost of Birth Certificates in Vigo County?
One copy of a is $10. If you want additional copies, you'll pay an extra $4 for each.
Vigo County accepts payments made to Vigo County Health Department in either:
- Cashier's check
- Money orders
Important to note: Vigo County does not accept payment in credit cards or personal checks.
How Long Does it Take to Process a Birth Certificate in Vigo County, Indiana?
You need to allow an average processing time of 8-12 weeks after your birth certificate is received for processing in Indiana State.
What Documents Do You Need When Applying for a Vigo County Birth Certificate?
Vigo County requires you to provide the following when applying for a birth certificate:
- Two valid and legible identification copies (one pictured and one non-pictured identification document)
- A complete order form
- Payment in the form of a check or money order
- A self-addressed and stamped envelope
How to Get a Vigo County Birth Certificate by Yourself
Below are the steps you need to follow when getting your Vigo birth certificate by yourself:
- Provide your legal identification document
- Prove your eligibility and relationship to the owner of the birth record
- Fill out the information requested on the form
- Pay the fees
- Submit the application documents
See the table below for more information about methods of ordering your birth record from Vigo County. But remember, DoNotPay has a faster and more reliable way.
|By Mail||Send the duly filled application form, copies of the identification document(s), payment, and a self-addressed stamped envelope to:
Vigo County Health Department
171 Oak Street
Terre Haute IN 4780
|In-Person||You can visit the Vigo County offices between 8:15 AM and 3:15 PM on weekdays. However, keep in mind that, in Indiana, you need to visit the Local Health Department's vital records office of where you or your loved one was born to submit a birth certificate application.
Please note: Indiana State Department of Health does not offer walk-in services.
|Online||You can place an online birth certificate order at either:
|Email, Fax, or By Phone||Vigo County does not accept Birth Certificate requests via email, fax, or phone.|
Let DoNotPay Get Your Vigo County Birth Certificate With Ease
You could be pressed on a deadline and need to expedite a birth certificate request. At the same time, you want to avoid the hassle of finding lawyers to notarize your documents, locating and taking trips back and forth to government offices, or mailing forms and checks.
DoNotPay's robot lawyer is here to help. Simply follow the 8 steps below to get your easily and quickly.
- Go to the Birth Certificates product on DoNotPay.
- Select who the certificate is for (you or a loved one). If you are requesting a copy of someone else's certificate, enter their personal details, and upload evidence that proves your relationship.
- Enter the location you or your loved one was born in, so we can complete the form specific to your state.
- Enter the name(s) of the parent(s) as displayed on the certificate.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Looking For An Easy Method to Obtain Your Vigo County Birth Certificate?
DoNotPay is your best bet. All you need is to on DoNotPay and let the robot lawyer take care of your Vigo County birth certificate application for you. From virtual notarizations to quick online orders and payment methods, you'll enjoy the fast, easy, and successful process of getting your birth certificate.