Cut in Line When Contacting USCIS Customer Service Easily!
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) is the agency that handles all immigration to the United States, including asylum and refugee cases, family reunification, green cards, temporary work permits for foreign students, extraordinary ability immigrants, and more. USCIS is responsible for issues involving naturalization, employment, legal nonimmigrant programs, international protective services, and protection of civil rights. They provide these services to people residing in the United States or overseas.
USCIS has offices in different countries in the world and four managerial divisions—The Office of Service Processing, The Office of Adjudication, The Office of Policy and Strategy, and Field Operations.
As of today, USCIS has offices in all fifty states and two additional territories—Puerto Rico and Guam. Within these divisions, there are different groups that work together to achieve an efficient policy administration process.
If you need to contact USCIS customer service for any reason, we’re here to show you how to do it without unnecessary hassle! Once you register for DoNotPay, you’ll gain access to our Skip Waiting on Hold product that lets you jump the phone queue whenever you want to. That way, you can save time and effort and reach USCIS like a pro!
You don’t have to contact USCIS customer service right away to get the info you need. There is an alternative way to find the answers you’re looking for—on the USCIS FAQ page.
Check out the list below to see what questions the USCIS website can answer for you:
- If I pass the reading, writing, and civics portions of the naturalization test, is USCIS going to approve my Form N-400 naturalization application?
- Can I take the test again in case I fail a segment?
- I submitted the Form N-648, Medical Certification for Disability Exceptions. How do I know if it was accepted?
- Do I have to know all of the civics questions during the naturalization interview?
- What happens if my Green Card is expiring but I already applied for naturalization?
- Should I bring original documents or copies (such as birth and marriage certificates) to the naturalization interview?
- When is the deadline for submitting the Form N-648, Medical Certification for Disability Exceptions?
- Is there a way I can change my name while my application is pending?
- How often does USCIS make changes to the questions on the test?
- Is a lawyer needed to apply for U.S. citizenship?
- Will USCIS publish the naturalization test questions?
- How many times can I apply for naturalization?
If your question wasn’t answered on the company website, don’t fret! You can always reach USCIS customer service and ask the support reps to answer it instead. Here’s how you can contact the USCIS customer service department:
- Over the phone
- In person
If you want to speak to a USCIS support agent directly, dial 800-375-5283 and ask them to provide you with the assistance you need. USCIS provides a number for the hearing-impaired as well—800-767-1833.
USCIS’s customer service hours of operation are Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Don’t want to waste time waiting for a customer support rep to answer your call? Pacing around with your phone glued to your ear can be frustrating, and that is why DoNotPay developed a perfect product to skip the hassle.
By using our Skip Waiting on Hold product, you can avoid waiting altogether and let us do it in your stead! We’ll call USCIS customer service for you and let you know when an agent answers the call! You can run your other errands or relax in the meantime and come back to speak to the agent once we alert you.
Our app can also show you how to file a USCIS FOIA request with zero effort from the comfort of your couch!
USCIS’ website provides a number of online tools that you can use to resolve certain issues or complete USCIS-related tasks. With these tools, you can:
- Check your case status
- Learn about the processing times
- Find case-related questions
- Change or update your address
- File a variety of forms online
You can visit a USCIS support agent and inquire about the info you need in person as well. Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Call 800-375-5283
- Make an appointment
- Go there at the scheduled time
- Follow the instructions the agent provides you with
When you have an issue with the USCIS service, you want the problem solved immediately. It can be infuriating when you have to dial the support number half a dozen times and spend hours on hold until you finally reach a support agent.
That’s why we’ve developed the Skip Waiting on Hold product. With DoNotPay, you won’t have to waste time waiting on hold ever again! The app can call any customer service phone number for you and wait on hold in your place. As soon as a support agent takes your call, the app will notify you, so you can explain the issue and get the answers you’re looking for.
Here’s how you can use DoNotPay to skip USCIS’ phone queue:
- Open your web browser and sign up for DoNotPay
- Type in Skip Waiting on Hold and select the product
- Search for the company you’d like to call
- Click on the name of the company and select Call Now
That’s it! DoNotPay will let you know the instant someone picks up so you can talk to a customer support representative without having to spend a second waiting on hold.
DoNotPay was designed to automate a wide variety of tedious, complex, and time-consuming tasks. When you sign up for DoNotPay, you’ll be able to perform all manner of tasks with only a few clicks, including:
- Reducing property taxes
- Getting in touch with an incarcerated loved one
- Signing up for free trials without giving away your credit card information
- Appeal banned and suspended accounts
- Lower your bills
- Get rid of annoying email and text spam
- Draft standardized legal documents in minutes
- Practice for government tests
- Apply for college fee waivers
There are literally hundreds of awesome DoNotPay products that can save you time, money, or trouble. The best part is—you’ll have access to every single one when you sign up for DoNotPay!
We’re adding new products weekly, so the value you’re getting will just keep increasing! Here are a few more tasks DoNotPay can assist you with:
- Create passport photos in seconds
- Sue anyone in small claims court
- Protect yourself from stalking and harassment
- Schedule DMV appointments with a few clicks
- Cancel any service or subscription
- File item return requests
- Submit anonymous HR complaints
- Find unclaimed money in your name
- Appeal parking tickets
- Get free virtual credit cards in minutes
Whatever you need help with, DoNotPay offers a fast, easy, convenient solution!