Hassle-Free Way to Dispute a USAA Transaction and Get a Refund
USAA is a banking, insurance, and investment company that was founded in 1922. They provide service to anyone who is currently serving in the military or has received an honorable discharge. If you are one of the 13 million members that use USAA for your banking needs, you may be wondering how to dispute a charge that is on your debit or credit card. Luckily, DoNotPay is here to help you dispute your transaction as quickly and as painlessly as possible.
How to Dispute a Transaction with DoNotPay
Going through DoNotPay is the easiest way to dispute charges from any bank. Once you have logged into your DoNotPay account, you can scroll down and tap on the "Chargeback Instantly" screen. From there, you will be asked to complete the following steps:
- Provide banking information. Give details about what type of payment was used. You will also need to know specific information about your bank (i.e., the bank's name, address, etc.).
- Answer questions about the charge. You will be asked questions about when and where the charge took place. You will also need to disclose the exact amount that you were charged.
- Build evidence. This is the part where you will provide evidence that proves you were responsible for the charge. Was your card lost or stolen when the charge occurred? Were you in a different town or state during that time? Provide in, and all, information that will help to prove that you did not make the charge in question.
- Finalize your case. After all of the information is submitted, you will need to verify some of your personal information, including your birthday and email address. You will then provide a signature and decide whether you want DoNotPay to send the letter of dispute to USAA on your behalf, or if you would prefer to send it to them yourself.
After everything is done, you can just sit back and let DoNotPay take care of the rest. A request will automatically get faxed to your bank. DoNotPay will then send you a letter containing vital information about your case and will also continue to collect evidence on your behalf.
How to Get a USAA Refund on Your Own
If you wish to dispute the charges with USAA yourself, you have a few different options.
|Online||Go to the USAA website. Once you have logged into your account, you will need to:
|Phone||If you would rather dispute the charges over the phone, you can call their customer service line. For credit cards, call 800-945-6759. If the transaction occurred on your debit card, call 800-951-4539.|
|You can also dispute the charge by sending a Written Statement of Unauthorized Debit to:
USAA Federal Savings Bank
Attn: Unit 01464
10750 McDermott Freeway
San Antonio, TX 78288-0544
The letter must contain your name, address, a brief description of the problem, and the amount that you are disputing.
If you are looking for a quick and easy way to dispute the charges, DoNotPay will do all of the heavy lifting for you and have the money back in your account before you know it.
USAA Refund Policy
USAA has a Zero Liability Policy that states you are not reliable for any unauthorized charges that were made to your debit or credit card. Also, all members are automatically enrolled in their security and fraud alert programs. This means that if USAA happens to notice suspicious activity on your debit or credit card, they will notify you immediately via phone or email.
If you see a charge that you do not recognize, USAA recommends that you notify them immediately. The sooner you dispute the transaction, the more likely you are to have a positive outcome.
According to the Fair Credit Billing Act, consumers have:
- 60 days from the time you receive the bill to dispute the charges
- 60 days from the first statement to dispute a billing error
Additionally, if you feel that your card was stolen, or used without your permission, it may be beneficial to your case to file a police report as well.
How Long Will it Take to Get a Refund Through USAA?
On average, claims are investigated and settled within 30 to 90 days. However, some complex cases may take a little longer. USAA will usually update you on the investigation after about 10 days.
Issues You Might Have with Your USAA Chargeback Dispute
Deciding to dispute the charges with USAA by yourself can be very overwhelming. Some of the issues that you might have to face could include:
- USAA does not believe that you made a compelling argument
- The merchant refutes the chargeback
- You are found not to have a valid reason for requesting a chargeback
- Not enough evidence to back your claim.
How to Check Your Refund Status?
If it has been over 30 days since you filed your dispute, you can call USAA's customer service at 210-531-USAA (8722). Their hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8 am to 5 pm CT.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
If a company declines to issue a refund, use DoNotPay to get a chargeback on the transaction. We can help with chargebacks such as:
- Zelle chargeback
- Cash app refund
- Vanilla gift card refund
- Amazon refund without return
- Doordash refund
- Lyft refund
- PayPal friends and family refund
DoNotPay can help you solve a wide range of problems. We offer services on:
- Virtual credit cards
- Help you get a refund on your plane ticket
- Offer money-saving tips and other helpful services