Get the Best Deal for Transferring Amex Points to Chase
Transferring your Amex points to Chase can be a real hassle. While there is a lot to gain by trading and managing points, the whole process can be quite complex and overwhelming.
Lucky for you, DoNotPay can help you transfer Amex points to Chase. Or if you prefer, you can follow our do-it-yourself guide below. Just be aware that there may be better opportunities than just transferring Amex points to Chase. More on that later.
How do Amex points work?
- Amex has a variety of rewards cards, but the majority utilize the system called "Membership Rewards."
- On most cards, like the Signature Green, Gold, and Platinum, it will award 1 point per $1 dollar spent.
- Certain Amex cards will offer additional bonus points on select spending categories, like 3 points per dollar spent in restaurants or 5 points per dollar on travel.
- The best way to redeem membership rewards is through travel expenses. Generally speaking, the point value on eligible travel is anywhere from 0.7 to 1 cent per point.
- You can also use points to pay your statement, although you typically only get 0.6 cents per point.
- You may also purchase eligible gift cards with points. These redemptions are usually valued at 1 cent per point.
- Certain online purchases are also eligible for redemption. Sites like Amazon may offer 0.7 cents per point.
How to Transfer Amex Points to Chase
American Express Memberships Rewards is considered a flexible point program, which will make points transfers easy. However, you cannot simply transfer Amex points to your Chase account. Instead, you have to "pool" points into a partner program that works with both Amex and Chase.
Here are popular programs where you can pool your Chase Ultimate Rewards points and American Express Membership Rewards points:
|World of Hyatt
IHG Rewards Club
Note that transfers can take 48 hours - 1 week to process. This can make things tricky as air prices fluctuate suddenly. Not only that, there aren't a lot of options for pooling Chase Ultimate Rewards points and American Express Membership Rewards points. There are other ways to get the most out of your Amex points.
You Can Do Much More With Your Amex Points Other Than Transferring to Chase
Sell points for cash
- There are third-party vendors that will buy your Amex points. These generally pay higher than redeeming points to pay a statement.
Transfer for other points
- There are more third-party vendors that will do point swaps. These open up a lot more possibilities than point pooling.
How to Sell and Exchange Amex Points on Your Own
- There are many third-party point exchanges to choose from.
- We avoid recommending specific ones, as they all have their own pros and cons based on specific situations.
- It is critical that you remain compliant with Amex's terms of service for any third-party point exchange or selling. Unauthorized transfers can get you banned from American Express Membership Rewards.
Need help selling or transferring your Amex points?
- DoNotPay has created a single marketplace to sell or exchange points.
- All the vendors on our marketplace are vetted and compliant with Amex's terms of service.
- You can attach all your credit cards to DoNotPay, making point pooling and point selling easier than ever before.
How to Sell or Exchange Your Amex Points With DoNotPay
Whether you want to trade or sell your American Express Membership Rewards points, DoNotPay can get you the best deal quickly.
Here's how to get started:
- Search "points" or "rewards" on DoNotPay, and select the rewards program you're a part of / the type of points you have.
- Choose whether you want to check your points balance, transfer your points, or sell them for cash.
- If you selected one of the first two options, DoNotPay can check your points balance or transfer your points for you. Otherwise, we can help you find the best deal through third-party vendors.
For example, if you are a Marriott Rewards member, you can transfer your points to airline miles or search for discounted hotel rates to get the best value. If you want to sell your Amex points, we can help you find the best deal through third-party vendors. Lastly, we can manage all your point balances in a single location.
Why Use DoNotPay to Get the Most Out of Your Amex Points?
- Easy. No need to open a dozen tabs and spreadsheets to find the best deal. DoNotPay has all the relevant point information in a single location.
- Fast. Quickly transfer and sell Amex points at your leisure.
- Successful. DoNotPay is the world's most comprehensive robot attorney. We know how to get the most out of your Amex points while remaining compliant with their terms of service.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
More points services
- Transfer Southwest Points
- Transfer southwest points
- Transfer Chase Points
- Transfer Marriott Points
- Transfer AA Miles
- Transfer United Miles
- Transfer Hilton Points
- Sell Airline Mileage
- Sell Delta Skymiles
- Sell Marriott Points
- Sell United Miles
Additional Services from DoNotPay
- Copyright Protection
- Recover Passwords
- Appeal Banned Account
- Delete a Facebook account
- Writing letters to inmates
- Compensation for victims of a crime
- Sue in small claims court
- Reduce Property Taxes
- Dispute Parking Tickets
- Compensation For Robo Calls
- Contact government representatives
- Help With Bills
- Airline Flight Compensation Hacks