How to Sell Airline Mileage for Cash
It's legal to sell airline mileage in 49 states, except in Utah. So if you fly frequently and have accumulated airline mileage or credit card points you won't use, you can trade them for cash. In most cases, you'll use a legitimate broker to sell your airline mileage or sell it to those who buy.
You can also use trading websites to get bids on your airline mileage. However, this can take time, and your mileage might expire before it is purchased. You also need to take caution when dealing with brokers as some are not safe.
In this guide, we'll discuss how to sell your airline mileage for cash and reasons to use DoNotPay to sell mileage easier.
Reasons to Sell Airline Mileage
If you fly regularly, you're probably a member of a frequent flier program, which earns you airline miles as you travel.
Many people redeem these points to get cheaper flights or buy tickets with them. Sometimes, airline miles expire since you can't use them or you simply forget.
In this case, you can sell airline mileage for several reasons:
- To avoid having them expire
- To get your money back used to buy plane tickets
- To avoid airline mileage decrease in value
- To avoid getting targeted by digital thieves
- In case the airline goes bankrupt
How to Sell Airline Mileage
There are many people looking to get cheaper flights but they cannot earn miles by themselves; hence, they buy airline mileage from others. In addition, there are many brokers who're willing to buy mileage from you to sell for profit.
Most brokers are legitimate, and you'll get paid instantly for verified airline mileage through their given method of payment. To sell your mileage online through a broker, you may need to follow a simple process:
- Fill out a form, choose the airline miles you want to sell, and request a quote for the miles.
- The brokers verify that your miles are legitimate and you finalize the process.
- You agree on the payment for your miles.
- You transfer the points to them.
- You get paid later or before you transfer your points based on your agreement.
How Much Money Are Airline Miles Worth?
Before selling your airline miles, it's good to research and understand how much they're really worth. In most cases, you'll get paid cents per mile so you need many points to make good money.
Airline miles are generally higher than credit card points. Here's a table demonstrating the rate of exchange for some airline miles:
|Airline Name||Average Pay Per Mile|
Sell Airline Mileage With the Help of DoNotPay
Sometimes it can be challenging to find trustworthy brokers and buyers online. Most transactions are done manually and it can be difficult to agree on who should send what first.
However, you can seek a third party you trust to help you finalize the deal safely. DoNotPay is a trusted helper with legal cases and we're here to help.
Here's how to get started:
- Search "points" or "rewards" on DoNotPay, and select the rewards program you're a part of / the type of points you have.
- Choose whether you want to check your points balance, transfer your points, or sell them for cash.
- If you selected one of the first two options, DoNotPay can check your points balance or transfer your points for you. Otherwise, we can help you find the best deal through third-party vendors.
For example, if you are a Marriott Rewards member, you can transfer your points to airline miles or find discounted hotel rates to redeem the best value. If you want to sell your points, we can help you find the best deal through third-party vendors. Lastly, we can also help you check your latest points balance automatically!
Why Use DoNotPay to Sell Your Airline Miles
DoNotPay has ample experience with all manner of legal cases. We understand your frustrations and hesitations to make deals with strangers online. We can help you safeguard your transaction:
- Fast—You don't have to spend hours trying to find a buyer for your airline miles or finding out if it's legitimate.
- Easy—You don't have to struggle to fill out tedious forms or keep track of the brokers' progress in checking your miles.
- Successful—You can rest assured knowing we'll negotiate the best deal for you or find you the best buyers online
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help you with:
- Transferring Chase points
- Transferring Marriott points
- Transferring AA miles
- Transfer Hilton points
- Selling Marriott points
- Selling United miles
- And many more!
DoNotPay can also help you make the best case to win a legal argument.
Here are some resources you might find useful:
- Help with bills
- Gift card cash back
- Get free trials
- Customer service
- Free raffle tickets
- Find missing money
- Credit cards
- Dealing with parking tickets
Selling airline mileage is legal in most states and airlines. However, you must stay vigilant when dealing with online buyers. To ensure a safe and secure transaction, you can use DoNotPay, the world’s first robot lawyer, that's determined to keep you safe. Register for DoNotPay and learn how you can sell airline mileage today.