How to Earn and Transfer Chase Points
Everyone loves a rewards program. turn into free flights, free nights at a hotel, or even convert to cash. Whether you can transfer Southwest points or sell airline mileage, it feels great to be rewarded for your purchases.
When it comes to credit card rewards programs, Chase has one of the most valuable programs on the market. Chase's rewards program is called Chase Ultimate Rewards, and it's a clever way for you to turn purchases into future savings.
Learn how to transfer Chase points to someone else or one of Chase's travel partners. There's a way to do it by yourself, but there's also a quicker way with DoNotPay.
How to Earn Chase Ultimate Rewards Points
When you have and use at least one of Chase's many credit cards, you can start earning points simply by making purchases. Every time you make a purchase—or even when you just sign up for a credit card—you can earn points that can later be redeemed for cash back, gift cards, travel, savings, and more.
According to NerdWallet, Chase points' value can vary depending on which credit card was used and how the point was earned, but they typically are worth 1 to 1.5 cents per point. These points can quickly add up to real savings.
To earn redeemable , you need at least one of these Chase credit cards:
- Chase Sapphire Reserve
- Chase Sapphire Preferred Card
- Ink Business Preferred Credit Card
- Ink Business Cash Credit Card
- Ink Business Unlimited Credit Card
- Chase Freedom
- Chase Freedom Flex
- Chase Freedom Unlimited
However, in order to earn Chase Ultimate Rewards and be able to transfer points to Chase's airline and travel partners for travel savings, you must have one of the premium cards: Chase Sapphire Preferred, Chase Sapphire Reserve, or Ink Business Preferred.
Where Can I Transfer Chase Points to?
If you want to pool Chase points with a family member or someone else to create more bang for your buck, then keep in mind that Chase only allows you to transfer to a member of your household. You can also transfer points within your own Chase accounts, like transferring Chase business points to personal points or transferring Chase freedom points to Sapphire.
Chase has 14 transfer partners that give you incredible deals on flights, hotels, and travel. Here are Chase's transfer partners:
|Aer Lingus AerClub
|Air Canada Aeroplan
|Air France-KLM Flying Blue
|British Airways Executive Club
|Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer
|About Two Business Days
|Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards
|Virgin Atlantic Flying Club
|IHG Rewards Club
|About One Business Day
|World of Hyatt
How to Transfer Chase Points Yourself
Transfer Chase Points to Someone Else
One reason you may want to transfer Chase points between accounts is to switch cash-back points into Ultimate Rewards points that can then be used for travel. To transfer Chase points to a family member in your household:
- Log in to your Chase account at Chase.com.
- Navigate to your Ultimate Rewards portal.
- Select Combine Points in the Points menu.
- Enter the credit card number of the person's account you want to transfer points to.
- Enter the cardholder's last name.
- Check the box to verify that the account you're transferring to is yours, a household member's, or the owner of your company if it's a business card.
- Click Continue.
- Enter the number of points you want to transfer.
Transfer Points Between Chase Cards
To transfer and combine points between your Chase credit cards, follow the same steps as above, except select your other credit card as the transfer location.
Transfer Points to Chase Partners
- Sign in to your Chase account.
- Click on Ultimate Rewards to go to your portal.
- Select your Chase Ultimate Rewards-earning card.
- Click the Menu button and then select Transfer to Travel Partners.
- Click Transfer Points next to the travel partner you want to use the points for.
- Click Select Recipient for yourself or add another household cardholder.
- Enter your loyalty number. Click Continue.
- Enter the number of points you want to transfer. Click Continue.
- Click Confirm and Submit.
The Easier Way to Transfer Chase Points With DoNotPay
There's another way to transfer Chase points, and this method is only three steps.
Here's how to get started:
- Search "points" or "rewards" on DoNotPay, and select the rewards program you're a part of / the type of points you have.
- Choose whether you want to check your points balance, transfer your points, or sell them for cash.
- If you selected one of the first two options, DoNotPay can check your points balance or transfer your points for you. Otherwise, we can help you find the best deal through third-party vendors.
For example, if you are a Marriott Rewards member, you can transfer your points to airline miles or find discounted hotel rates to redeem the best value. If you want to sell your points, we can help you find the best deal through third-party vendors. Lastly, we can also help you check your latest points balance automatically!
Why Use DoNotPay to Transfer Chase Ultimate Rewards Points
DoNotPay helps you transfer Chase points, check your balance, and even find the best points deals. We'll save you time by helping you transfer points from any rewards program in one convenient place. It's the fast, easy, and successful way to convert and transfer points and miles.
Transfer Any Points With DoNotPay
DoNotPay doesn't just work for transferring Chase points; this easy 3-step method also works with many other companies and rewards programs. Check out a few other things you can do with DoNotPay's Convert Points and Miles service:
- Transfer AA miles
- Transfer United miles
- Transfer Hilton points
- Sell Delta miles
- Sell Marriott points
Solve More Problems, the Easy Way
DoNotPay is more than points transferring service. Do it all, the easy way:
- Help with bills
- Skip the customer service line
- Get free raffle tickets
- Find unclaimed money
- Get out of parking tickets
for DoNotPay to quickly and easily solve pesky problems.