Move Marriott Reward Points to Southwest Companion Pass the Easy Way
Hotel and airline reward programs make it possible to earn free or discounted hotel stays or free, discounted, or companion tickets on your favorite airline. These programs are popular with companies like United, Hilton, Delta and Marriott.
These programs are great, but sometimes to get the best deals, you have to be creative and search by trial and error to get the best deals.
You can also move points from one club to the next if the providers have an agreement, and DoNotPay makes it super easy. If you need to , DoNotPay can help.
Marriott Reward Membership
First, let’s learn a bit about Marriott Rewards Club membership.
Marriott Reward Club Details
|Point Redemption||Marriott Reward members enjoy earning points that can be used in a variety of ways. They have thousands of hotels, vacation resorts, and timeshares around the world. Many Marriott Reward members simply use their points for free hotel nights. Other options they have to redeem their points include:
|How to earn points||
Marriott Rewards - Airline Miles
There are two different earnings programs within Marriott that members have to choose from. Members must select whether to earn regular points or airline miles. This makes a big difference when you use them. The good news is you can change your mind and go back and forth between the two. The difficulty comes when you have a bunch of points and miles, but not enough to do anything with either one without combining cash. There are different benefits to each program.
Each airline has its own rewards program. Many airlines have agreements with Marriott Rewards. Registering with Marriott Rewards to earn specific airline miles will usually qualify the member to receive all the benefits of the airline's program - but not always.
Here are a few airlines, including Southwest, and their agreements with Marriott:
|Marriott Transfer Partner||Min Transfer||Transfer Ratio (Marriott > Partner)||Bonus Airline Miles
for every 60k Marriott Points Transferred
|Transfer Time (based on pre-merger reports)|
|Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan||3,000||3:1||5,000||4 Days|
|American Airlines AAdvantage||3,000||3:1||5,000||2 Days|
|Delta Air Lines SkyMiles||3,000||3:1||5,000||1 Day|
|JetBlue TrueBlue||3,000||6:1||2,500||1 Day|
|Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards||3,000||3:1||5,000||1 Day|
|United MileagePlus||3,000||3:1.1||5,500||3 Days|
Southwest Airlines Companion Pass Qualification: It’s Complicated
cannot be transferred directly to the Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Program to qualify for a Companion Pass. But Marriott airline miles DO qualify for a companion pass if the Rapid Rewards account is registered with Marriott. Sound complicated? Yes, it is. Airlines and hotel reward programs make you jump through hoops to qualify for many of the perks of their programs.
There is a solution. DoNotPay sorts through these complex loopholes to get you more points, more miles, and free travel when you need it.
Find the Best Deal to Transfer Your Marriott Reward Points with the Help of DoNotPay
Here's how to transfer or redeem your points without the hassle.
- Search "points" or "rewards" on DoNotPay, and select the rewards program you're a part of / the type of points you have.
- Choose whether you want to check your points balance, transfer your points, or sell them for cash.
- If you choose one of the first two options, DoNotPay can check your points balance or transfer your points for you. Otherwise, we can help you find the best deal through third-party vendors.
See how easy that was?
Why Use DoNotPay to Transfer Marriott Reward Points to Airline Miles
You don’t need to spend hours pouring through legal paperwork and contacting customer service agents if you have DoNotPay.
There are a lot of things you can do with your Marriott Reward points. DoNotPay brings it all together in one place. Choose DoNotPay to transfer your points and miles because it's:
- Fast—You don't have to spend hours using trial and error methods transferring cash and points to get a deal.
- Easy—You don't have to create multiple spreadsheets to track multiple categories of points between accounts.
- Successful—You can be sure we will get the best deal and transfer the points for you.
What if I Don't Have Enough Points?
Marriott wants you to use their properties for your next business trip or vacation. They want to help you to use your reward points. Marriott allows you to combine points and cash to complete a transaction. There is a benefit to this. You earn more points when you spend money at a Marriott. You earn an even higher rate of return on points if you use your Marriott Bonvoy credit card from Chase.
DoNotPay Works with Other Hotel, Airline, and Credit Card Reward Programs
You probably have multiple accounts that offer reward points. Each of them has transfer opportunities and a dizzying list of rules. DoNotPay can help get the best benefit available.
- Chase Bank has several credit cards with different reward programs, including Marriott Bonvoy.
- Some cards allow their points to be cashed or transferred to gift cards or merchandise.
Airlines have multiple options to combine offers with credit cards,airline miles, hotel packages, or to transfer miles to gift cards. Airlines that DoNotPay can facilitate the best deal for you include:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help with many challenges people have every day. Here are four more ideas for you:
- Have your insurance claims processed in a convenient location.
- Cash in the stash of unused gift cards you've collected.
- Get help with the parking tickets you didn't know you had.
- Do you have multiple magazine subscriptions you are trying to cancel? DoNotPay has the tools for that too.
Sign up with DoNotPay to simplify everything. Try it today.