How Do Hilton Point Transfers Work?
If you travel a lot, there is a decent chance you have accrued quite a few reward points. You earn these points every time you travel, and if you travel frequently, those points can really add up. However, you may have no idea what to do with your Hilton points if you aren’t a frequent Hilton guest.
There are several different ways you can use these points, but it can be difficult to determine the best option. For example, should you try to get cash for them? Or maybe you should use them to receive benefits. Trying to figure all this out on your own can prove to be challenging, and you might miss out on some of the best deals.
Instead, reach out to DoNotPay, and we will find the best deals for you. This way, you can make the most of the points you have earned.
How to Earn Hilton Points
Earning Hilton Points is fairly simple. Here is a breakdown:
|Staying at an Eligible Hotel or Resort Within the Hilton Portfolio||You will earn ten Hilton Honors Points for every US dollar spent on your room and room charges like calls and room service.
|Spending in Any Hilton Affiliated Facilities||You can also earn Hilton Honors Points when you shop, travel, dine, or spend with Hilton partners.
How to Transfer Hilton Points by Yourself
If you have existing Hilton points, you can transfer them to affiliated travel programs or transfer them to friends and family.
How to Transfer Hilton Points to Airline Partners
Follow these steps to transfer your Hilton points to airline miles.
- Head to your Hilton account.
- Go to the Exchange section, which allows you to send Hilton points to their partner programs.
- Pick the travel partner you want to send your point to.
- Type in membership information to allow the program to connect the two accounts.
Here’s a closer look at what your Hilton points are ultimately worth when they are transferred to another program. Keep in mind that HIlton connects and converts to dozens of other frequent flyer programs. These are just a few of the more common partners.
|Partner||Hilton Points||Partner Value|
|Aeromexico||25,000||6,500 Premier POints|
|British Airways||10,000||1,000 Avios|
|Delta Airlines||10,000||1,000 SkyMiles|
|Qatar Airlines||10,000||1,000 Privilege Club Qmiles|
|United Airlines||10,000||1,000 MileagePlus miles|
How to Transfer Hilton Points to Friends and Family for Free Rooms
Another great way to spread the wealth is to transfer your points directly to friends and family who might be interested in staying at a Hilton property. The process is fairly simple and doesn’t have a ton of limitations. The only major restriction is that you can only transfer points to others six times in a calendar year. As well, there is a cap on how many points someone can receive via transfer per year (2 million, to be exact).
Here’s how to transfer your points to others:
- Go to www.hilton.com
- Navigate to the transfers page
- Select how many points you’d like to transfer (must be under 2 million)
- Enter your friend or family member’s name, Hilton Honors number, and email information
Using Your Hilton Points for Free Rooms
Follow these steps to use your Hilton points to get a free or discounted stay at a Hilton hotel.
- Go to www.hilton.com.
- Set the city you are going to and the dates you will be traveling.
- Select the Hilton hotel you want to book and select View Rates.
- Choose the room you want to stay in.
- Above the room options, you should see a button that says Use Points and Money. Select this, and the points you have available will be displayed.
- Then, you will be able to see how many points are required to reserve that room.
- Once you choose your room, you will be sent to the Payment and Guest Details page, where you will review credit card information, special requests, and guest information.
- Click on Book Reservation to complete the process, and any remaining balance (if applicable) will be charged to your card.
It may seem daunting to determine which of the above options is the best for you. The good news is DoNotPay is happy to step in and do it for you.
Get Your Hilton Points Transferred With the Help of DoNotPay
Trying to determine the best use of your Hilton points can require a lot of research and time. Avoid that by reaching out to DoNotPay and letting us figure it out for you.
Here’s How to Get Started:
- Search "points" or "rewards" on DoNotPay, and select the rewards program you're a part of / the type of points you have.
- Choose whether you want to check your points balance, transfer your points, or sell them for cash.
- If you selected one of the first two options, DoNotPay can check your points balance or transfer your points for you. Otherwise, we can help you find the best deal through third-party vendors.
DoNotPay Works With Many Reward Programs
Finding the best use for your Hilton points is just one way that DoNotpay can help you. We work with many companies/entities, which means we can complete a wide variety of tasks. Here are some examples.
- Southwest Point Transfer
- Chase Transfer Points
- Marriott Transfer Points
- AAdvantage Miles Redemption
- United Miles Transfer Points
- Sell Airline Mileage
- Sell Delta Skymiles
- Sell Marriott Points
- Sell United Miles
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Solving this problem is just one of many things DoNotPay can help you with.
Here are just a few more services that DoNotPay has to offer.
- Suing in small claims court
- Booking DMV appointments
- Reducing property taxes
- Getting help with paying your bills
- Signing up for free trials
- Recovering missing money
- Filing a complaint
- Discovering and applying for scholarships
There are many benefits to traveling a lot, and one of them is accruing points that can be applied elsewhere. For example, Hilton has a points program that allows you to earn points for staying at their hotels, using hotel services, and even doing things with their affiliates. You can then use these points to redeem free or discounted hotel stays or cheaper flights.
However, it can be difficult to determine which is the best way to use your Hilton points. DoNotPay can help you figure out what the best deal is for you. Contact us today to see how we can help with your Hilton points, among many other tasks.