How to Sell United Miles Easily
If you can't sell your airline miles, you should be able to transfer them to another airline, whether they're Southwest Airline Points, United Airline Miles, or American Airlines miles. But it can be surprisingly complex to sell or transfer your miles.
DoNotPay can help you transfer or sell the points you've earned, whether they're from a Chase credit card or Marriott points. DoNotPay can even help your transfer points from the Hilton Hotel Chain or sell your points from the Marriott.
This guide will tell you how you earn airline and hotel points, how to transfer or sell them, and how DoNotPay can help you transfer or sell them easier and faster.
Earning United Airline Miles
Every time you purchase an eligible fare and travel on flights operated by United or United Express, you earn miles that are deposited into your MileagePlus account. How you earn miles depends on the type of ticket purchased, ticketing airline, and operating airline.
Can I Transfer United Airline Miles Points?
The simple answer is yes; you can transfer miles. For a fee, and with some limitations. For example, United only allows 15,000 miles per year to be transferred and charges 1.5 cents per mile transferred, plus a $35 service fee. With those limitations, you can transfer your points to another account.
How to Transfer United Airline Miles to Transfer Partners
There are various situations where you may want to transfer points. If you want to transfer points to another person:
- Log in to the Mileage Plus page for United Airlines.
- Click on transfer miles at the top of the page.
- Fill out the transfer miles form.
- Pay the transfer fee. Transfers cost $7.50 per 500 miles. There's also a $30 processing fee.
- It may take up to a business day to go through.
If you want to book a flight for someone else using your miles:
- Log in to the Mileage Plus page for United Airlines.
- Click "reservations" and then click "flight search".
- Enter the city you are starting in and where you are flying to.
- Check the box marked "Search to award travel".
- Enter the person's name and date of birth on the booking form.
- Book the flight and send it to the person you've chosen.
If you want to convert miles to reward points:
- Sign up for a reward program with a United partner (this includes Marriott, Hyatt, and others).
- Check the conversion ratio on the United Airline Mileage Plus website.
- Log in to the partner program.
- Click the "transfer miles" button.
- Enter your membership number for both programs.
- Enter the miles you want to transfer.
How Much Money Are United Airlines Miles Worth?
United miles are worth 1.75 cents each, on average. That means 10,000 United miles have a value of roughly $175. United miles are more valuable than the average airline miles.
Reasons to Sell United Airline Miles
There are various reasons why you might want to sell United miles such as:
- You need the money for something else.
- You want to gift the points to someone.
- You know you won't use the points, so money is the best bet.
How to Sell United Airline Miles by Yourself?
There are hundreds of sites that will buy your points but finding the best rates on your own is nearly impossible. The sites that buy mileage all buy different points for different amounts of money.
Finding who will give you the most money can be a challenge. There must be a better way.
Sell Your United Airline Miles With the Help of DoNotPay
DoNotPay not only makes it easy to sell your miles; they also make it easy to find the best rates.
Here's how to get started:
- Search "points" or "rewards" on DoNotPay, and select the rewards program you're a part of / the type of points you have.
- Choose whether you want to check your points balance, transfer your points, or sell them for cash.
- If you selected one of the first two options, DoNotPay can check your points balance or transfer your points for you. Otherwise, we can help you find the best deal through third-party vendors.
For example, if you are a Marriott Rewards member, you can transfer your points to airline miles or find discounted hotel rates to redeem the best value. If you want to sell your points, we can help you find the best deal through third-party vendors. Lastly, we can also help you check your latest points balance automatically!
Why Use DoNotPay to Sell Your United Airline Miles
You may want to sell your United Airline miles but aren't sure how to get the best rates for yourself. Luckily, DoNotPay has a quick and easy solution.
Just think of what your miles could be worth:
|Airline Reward Program||Miles||Standard Mileage Value (in Dollars)||Priority/Business/First Class Mileage Value (in Dollars)|
|American Airlines AAdvantage Miles||1||$0.012||$0.025|
|Southwest Rapid Rewards||1||$0.014||$0.015|
DoNotPay Works Across All Companies/Entities/Groups With the Click of a Button
DoNotPay can help you with other problems you have as well, including:
- DoNotPay can help opt-out of junk mail for Verizon the same way we can help with Capital One, Geico, Spectrum, and more.
- Or we can help you stop spam mail from credit providers and banks the same way we can help with spam mail from charities and retail companies.
- Or it can help you generate a demand letter in Kentucky the same way it could for California.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
- We can help you set up a mailing service.
- We can stop spam texts.
- We can help update your spam collector.
And so much more. Why be frustrated? Use DoNotPay today and sell your miles quickly and easily.