How to Get in Touch with the Ticketmaster Fraud Department
Scoring a ticket to the next big concert or your favorite sporting event can be a thrill. Unfortunately, the excitement diminishes quickly when you find out your ticket is fake.
Ticketmaster offers verified and secure tickets to worldwide events, but occasionally, fraud occurs, and you will need to contact the Ticketmaster Fraud Department for assistance.
It is not always easy to verify that you were the victim of Ticketmaster fraud, which is where DoNotPay comes in. We have developed an automated system that takes the frustration out of filing a claim for a refund of your hard-earned money.
How To Tell If Tickets Are Fake
The only way to make sure a ticket is 100% authentic is to purchase it directly from the Ticketmaster official website. The problem is that fees are so exorbitant, people sometimes choose to seek tickets from outside sources.
If you decide to use a third-party ticket reseller, make sure you:
- Only purchase a ticket from a trusted and secure website. Many scammers will recreate a fraudulent site to make it look real, when in fact, it is designed to steal your money.
- Before making the purchase, verify how the ticket will be sent to you once payment is received.
- Do not post a picture of the barcode associated with the ticket on social media. Scammers will grab the code, rendering your ticket useless.
- Verify that the information on the ticket is accurate. Many counterfeit tickets will include event details that don't exist.
How to Avoid Being Scammed by Fake Tickets
Ticketmaster offers several suggestions to its customers to avoid falling victim to fraudulent ticket scams:
- NEVER buy a ticket on Craigslist that claims it is from Ticketmaster, since the ticket seller never uses this site to offer legitimate tickets.
- NEVER wire money to someone that claims to have a ticket.
- NEVER use a third-party gift card to pay for tickets sold online. Only use accepted payment methods for the purchase.
The only way to prevent fraud is to buy a ticket from an official source. Ticketmaster advises consumers to make sure they are purchasing from the official website (@ticketmaster.com) and not a fraudulent domain.
How to Contact Ticketmaster Fraud Department If You've Been Scammed
Ticketmaster customers are currently experiencing longer than usual wait times as the live event industry slowly starts to make a comeback.
Fan Support via email is available Monday through Sunday from 9 am to 9 pm ET. If you have a question outside of those hours, your only recourse is to check the FAQ for further assistance.
The Ticketmaster website states, "We take fraud very seriously and thoroughly review every claim brought to our attention. If you suspect fraud on your Ticketmaster or Live Nation account, contact us." Unfortunately, the Ticketmaster Fraud Department contact link is broken. This leaves you endlessly searching for ways to contact a customer service representative to report fraudulent activity.
What to Do If You've Been Scammed
If you purchase a ticket online and think it may be fake, you can go to the Will Call window at the venue and ask them to verify the ticket's authenticity.
The Ticket is Fake
If the ticket is deemed fake, immediately contact:
|Toll Free Number||1-800-653-8000|
|Check Ticketmaster Purchase Policy||https://help.ticketmaster.com/s/article/Purchase-Policy?language=en_US|
You Receive a Fraudulent Email
If you receive a "suspicious-looking" email, Ticketmaster recommends that you forward it to them at email@example.com.
They recommend not interacting with the links or attachments and suggest never replying to the email, which is most likely fraudulent. You will probably not get a response, but it will help Ticketmaster track the email to prevent further fraudulent activity from the sender.
Contact the Ticketmaster Fraud Department with the Help of DoNotPay
Being scammed for an event meant to entertain and bring you joy leaves you feeling angry and violated. There is a good chance you are out of a lot of money, and you undoubtedly want justice.
Here's how you can use DoNotPay to resolve your ticket scam issues in 3 easy steps:
- Search "concert ticket scam" on DoNotPay and choose whether you would like to 1) File a chargeback to get a refund 2) File a police report (especially for in-person payments 3) Contact the merchant directly with a demand letter 4) Report the scam to the FTC.
- Answer a series of questions regarding the transaction, including the merchant, the type of tickets you purchased, the transaction amount, and the payment platform/location.
- Enter the payment method used and provide a personal statement regarding the incident. Upload any evidence you have and provide your e-signature.
And that's it! DoNotPay will file a claim with the Ticketmaster Fraud Department on your behalf, helping you find the satisfaction of a full refund.
Why Use DoNotPay to Contact Ticketmaster Fraud Prevention
DoNotPay can help you file a claim with Ticketmaster Fraud Prevention without the hassle of bouncing around a website with broken links and inaccurate information.
Contacting the Ticketmaster Fraud Department with the help of DoNotPay is:
- Fast—You don't have to waste time searching websites or waiting on hold for customer service assistance. DoNotPay gets to the root of the problem in just minutes.
- Easy—The prompts will guide you from start to finish, ensuring all of the necessary information is included in your claim.
- Successful—You can have peace of mind that your case is being handled with the utmost efficiency.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
The DoNotPay automated system is like having a customer service agent at your disposal 24/7, all from the convenience of your home computer or smartphone.
In addition to helping resolve issues with Ticketmaster scams, DoNotPay can also help with:
- Detecting an Eventbrite scam
- Appealing parking tickets in any city
- Requesting a chargeback or refund
- Filing a complaint against any company
- Learning hacks for airline flight compensation
Having DoNotPay on your side is an invaluable tool that will make common every day occurrences easier to handle. You will no longer have to deal with lengthy phone calls or tedious forms to fill out.
Contacting the Ticketmaster Fraud Department has never been easier. DoNotPay will be with you every step of the way, simplifying even the most difficult tasks.