How to Get a Refund From Sunscreen Recalls
Sunscreen is a summertime staple for staying safe in the sun, but it's important to take care when applying. Many sunscreens have been recalled recently due to potentially dangerous contents. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has issued several recalls for sunscreen products that failed to meet FDA standards or were falsely marketed as 100 percent natural.
Sunscreen is important for protecting your skin from harmful UV rays, but it's equally as important that the sunscreen you're using is free of dangerous ingredients. The FDA has strict guidelines in place to ensure that sunscreen products are safe for use, but not all companies meet the FDA's standards. These standards include guidelines for the proper labeling of sunscreen products, prohibiting claims that are false or misleading.
The FDA has regulations in place to protect consumers from harmful sunscreen products, but not every company follows these regulations. Using DoNotPay 's search engine allows you to easily stay up-to-date on sunscreen recalls by keeping track of companies that are breaking the rules.
What Happened with the Sunscreen Recall?
The FDA recently recalled batches of sunscreen for containing potentially harmful chemicals such as PABA and salicylates, which can cause allergic reactions or hormonal disruptions.
Some of the sunscreens that were taken off the market include:
|Coppertone Aerosol Sunscreen Spray Products||
|Neutrogena Aerosol Sunscreen Spray Products||
|Aveeno Aerosol Sunscreen Spray Products||
How to File a Sunscreen Recall Claim?
Because there are several companies included in these sunscreen recalls, it is necessary to file a claim(s) for each sunscreen you used.
In general, to file a sunscreen recall claim you will need:
- Your personal information (name, address, phone, email)
- The product information of your purchase (item name, item size, UPC, lot number)
- Information about where you purchased the product (retailer name, date of purchase, purchase price)
- A photo of the product bottles or a scan of the receipt
If they are approved, refunds for sunscreen recalls can generally take up to 30 days.
What Should I Do if My Sunscreen Causes an Allergic Reaction?
If you or a loved one has recently used sunscreen and experienced adverse reactions it's important to seek medical attention. These reactions could include:
These are signs that you may have an allergy or other adverse reaction to the ingredients in your sunscreen. The FDA advises that any person who experiences these symptoms should stop using the product and contact the company to file a complaint.
Do I Immediately Get a Recall if I Report My Product?
Not necessarily. Sometimes the FDA takes a complaint and investigates to determine if a product recall is necessary, but other times they issue a warning or violation letter based on the severity of the incident. The FDA's main concern is that a sunscreen product does not pose a threat to public health or the safety of consumers when used as directed.
However, it is important to note that the FDA may choose to recall a product if it contains ingredients such as oxybenzone and PABA, which can cause allergic reactions in some people. Companies are required by law to report these incidents, according to the FDA.
How to Claim Refunds, Repairs, or Replacements for Recalled Products Using DoNotPay
Through our Product Recalls product, all you have to do is tell us about the product you purchased and provide receipts/other evidence, and we'll contact the company on your behalf. Whether you're looking for a refund, repair, or replacement for your product, DoNotPay can make sure that your request gets delivered to the right people.
How the Product Recall Claims product works:
- Tell us about your purchase, including the product name, brand, store you purchased the item from, price, and date of purchase. If you purchased the item online, enter your transaction details and payment method as well.
- Tell us how you found out about the recall.
- Choose whether you want a refund, repair, or replacement.
- Upload photographic evidence of your purchase and the product if you still have it.
- Choose whether you have the capacity to return the item or not.
And that's it! DoNotPay will send your recall request to the manufacturing company on your behalf, asking for a refund, repair, or replacement. You should hear back from the company directly with confirmation and how the refund/replacement will be issued, or the next steps in getting the item repaired.
Why Use DoNotPay to Get a Refund From Sunscreen Recalls?
- It's quick! All you have to do is tell us about the product you purchased and provide receipts/other evidence, and we'll contact the company on your behalf. Whether you're looking for a refund, repair, or replacement for your product, DoNotPay can make sure that your request gets delivered to the right people.
- It's simple! Our process is easy, and DoNotPay will automatically communicate with the company on your behalf. You don't have to worry about having long conversations with customer service representatives from multiple companies.
- It's guaranteed! DoNotPay verifies every refund and replacement request we send to make sure that you receive the compensation you deserve. We also keep an archive of all of your messages, so you can see the records of everything that has happened with your case.
DoNotPay Can Help With More Than Sunscreen Recalls
Sunscreen is one thing, but what about other dangerous products? DoNotPay can help you with recalls on anything that could potentially put your family or loved ones at risk.
Our site keeps an archive of all the products recalled by the FDA in order to let people know what they should look out for when buying new items, but it also provides a way that anyone who has been affected by these recalls can get their voice heard and get the compensation they deserve.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay is not limited to just helping you get your voice heard in the case of the sunscreen recall. We can also help resolve issues with other recalls such as:
- Recalls by VIN
- Tyson chicken recall
- Metformin recall
- Neutrogena sunscreen recall
- Peloton recall
- California recalls
- Dog food recall
- Sunscreen recall
- Hot Pocket recall
- Philips CPAP recall
We're not limited to recalls either. Here are some other things you can do with our site:
- File warranty claims for companies such as Sony, Samsung, and Best Buy.
- Help file complaints against any company.
- File disputes with credit card companies regarding fraudulent purchases.
- Get compensation for airline flights.
- Take anyone to small claims court.
Stop struggling when DoNotPay can make things easy for you. Try DoNotPay today.