Is There a GE Dehumidifier 30-Pint Recall?
Dehumidifiers ensure high indoor air quality (IAQ). Unfortunately, this valuable equipment can cause a safety threat if it comes faulty from the manufacturer. The short-term remedy when this happens is for the manufacturer to recall affected units, which leads us to our question today: is there a GE dehumidifier 30-pint recall?
Well, excessive moisture in the air is one of the major causes of poor IAQ. And this is a concern as humid environments make mold, mildew, and dust mites thrive. These can act as allergy triggers that cause different reactions, such as itchy/watery eyes, stuffy nose, wheezing, sneezing, skin irritation/rash, etc. Dehumidifiers come in handy in dealing with these symptoms.
Essentially, the Consumer Product Safety Act protects Americans from exploitation by manufacturers by making them accountable for the goods they release onto the market. Therefore, under this act, you should get a free repair/replacement or a full refund for any recalled items, including your GE dehumidifier. This is where DoNotPay comes in. We can help you know whether there is an active recall for any of your equipment and facilitate you to claim a repair, replacement, or refund seamlessly.
What Happened with GE Humidifier Recall?
GE brand dehumidifiers come in three main types; the 20-pint, 30-pint, and 50-pint capacity dehumidifiers. Thousands of GE brand dehumidifiers have been recalled in the recent past.
- On September 12, 2013, the consumer watchdog, the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), Health Canada, and Gree Electronics announced a recall of various dehumidifiers, including the 30-pint GE dehumidifier. The reason for this recall was that there were reports that the units could overheat, causing smoke/fire hazards, threatening consumers' safety, and causing potential property damage. This recall affected about 15,500 GE dehumidifiers, but it was later expanded on January 30, 2014, to cover about 352,700 GE units spread across the U.S. and Canada.
- On November 29, 2016, Gree re-announced the recall after about 450 reports of fires and $19 million in property damage. This recall involved about a dozen brands, including GE, Frigidaire, Gree, Danby, etc.
Additionally, a more recent recall involving brands other than GE was announced by CPSC on August 04, 2022. This recall involves a staggering 2 million several brand dehumidifiers manufactured by New Widetech and sold in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. The reason for this recall is more or less the same as previous ones — the risk of overheating and catching fire. You can check whether your brand is affected on this CPSC page. All affected consumers are eligible for a refund.
List of a Few Recalled Ge Dehumidifier Products
|Brand Names||Model number||Capacity||Date code range|
|Danby or Premiere||DDR3011||30-pin||All units|
|De’Longhi or SuperClima||DDSE30||30-pint||All units|
|Frigidaire||FDB30R1||30-pint||01/07 through 09/08|
|FDB50R1||50-pint||01/07 through 09/08|
|GE||ADER30LN||30 pint||01/08 through 12/10|
|ADEW30LN||30 pint||01/08 through 12/10|
Take note that this table only gives a few of those models. Check out Gree Reannounces Dehumidifier Recall for the complete list.
How to Make a Claim for a 30-Pint GE Dehumidifier Recall
If you find your unit is among the affected ones, you are advised to immediately turn it OFF and unplug. To check your brand, model number, pints capacity, find the printed sticker on the back, side, or front of the dehumidifier. You can check GE dehumidifier recall status or claim your refund by visiting the Gree recall page or contacting them at 866-853-2802.
Check Whether Your Dehumidifier is Eligible for Recall Using DoNotPay
Although dehumidifiers, human food, and other product manufacturers will announce when there is a recall for any of their products, staying on top of things for all your purchases can be slow and demanding. That is why we have designed a more straightforward way to help you monitor when any of your home items have a recall.
How the Product Recall Monitor works:
- Register your email for our Recall Monitor through the Product Recalls product.
- Forward any email receipts you have to email@example.com (you can set up auto-forwarding to make it easier).
- DoNotPay will notify you immediately if one of your purchases is recalled. We'll then help you claim a refund or replacement for it through the steps above.
Claim Refunds, Repairs, and Replacement in Minutes Using DoNotPay
Claiming what is rightful to you shouldn't be a complicated process. If your GE 30-pint dehumidifier, pet food, or any product qualifies for a refund, repair, or replacement, we can do the heavy lifting of contacting the company on your behalf.
How the Product Recall Claims product works:
- Tell us about your purchase, including the product name, brand, store you purchased the item from, price, and date of purchase. If you purchased the item online, enter your transaction details and payment method as well.
- Tell us how you found out about the recall.
- Choose whether you want a refund, repair, or replacement.
- Upload photographic evidence of your purchase and the product if you still have it.
- Choose whether you have the capacity to return the item or not.
And that's it! DoNotPay will send your recall request to the manufacturing company on your behalf, asking for a refund, repair, or replacement. You should hear back from the company directly with confirmation and how the refund/replacement will be issued, or the next steps in getting the item repaired.
DoNotPay Can Help You With Any Product Recall
We don't only help people with a few selected home item recalls. Our Recall product works across all consumer purchases, including assisting you to schedule car dealership appointments. DoNotPay can help you process:
- California recalls
- Neutrogena Sunscreen recalls
- Metformin recall
- Hot Pocket Recall
- Peloton Recall
Do Less, Get More With the Help of DoNotPay
Life is already challenging to live due to the unpredictability of today's world. DoNotPay offers robust solutions to streamline your day-to-day life by empowering you to solve simple but tasking problems effortlessly. Would you like help:
- Claiming insurance or warranty
- Filing a complaint against any company
- Finding your missing money
- Canceling subscriptions
- Exiting timeshares
Or any other thing? Get started by