Find Dog Food Recall Details to Keep Your Pet Safe
You never know when a recall is going to come to light. Whether you've used a product for years or you just began giving it a try, it's incredibly disheartening to hear that the product you're using is no longer any good. Dog food sometimes falls in this category, making it necessary to find a new favorite for your pet.
A needs to be addressed immediately so you don't continue feeding it to your canine. Continuing to provide your pet with problematic food can lead to illness -- and even worse. Let DoNotPay help you discover the latest pet food recall situations so you can always stay on top of what's good and what isn't.
What Dog Food Is Recalled Right Now?
You should start by learning what recent dog food recalls have been administered. The PetFood Industry website offers that information. No recalls are included as of late, but there were a couple designated for the month of October 2021. Tuffy's Pet Foods issued a recall on Pure Vita Salmon dog food. The brand was found to spark an uptick in Vitamin D levels, which can be dangerous for canines.
How Do I Make a Claim for a Dog Food Recall?
Whether it's a dog treat recall or a dry dog food recall, you need to make a claim. You can sometimes find recalls by Vin or product number to make the search easier. Find an archive of all pet food recalls list items on the FDA website. You can make your report directly with the FDA, as long as you have the following information:
- The name exactly as described on the dog food label
- The type of container it's in (whether a pouch, can, or otherwise)
- Whether the product is intended to be refrigerated
- The lot number stamped on the product's package
- The expiration date
- The UPC bar code
- The net weight
- The purchase date and location
- How the food was stored
- Whether you notice a foul odor, funny color, or see leaking
- Whether a foreign object was found inside
- What species of pet you have and whether they've experienced symptoms of illness
You may call to speak with a representative if you have questions. Note, in some states, there are two numbers to call. For example, there is both a Northern Cali number and a Southern Cali number for California recalls.
How to Claim Refunds or Replacements for Recalled Products Using DoNotPay?
Through our Product Recalls product, all you have to do is tell us about the dog food you purchased and provide receipts/other evidence, and we'll contact the company on your behalf. Whether you're looking for a refund or replacement for your pet food, DoNotPay can make sure that your request gets delivered to the right people.
How the Product Recall Claims Product Works:
- Tell us about your purchase, including the product name, brand, store you purchased the item from, price, and date of purchase. If you purchased the item online, enter your transaction details and payment method as well.
- Tell us how you found out about the recall.
- Choose whether you want a refund, repair, or replacement.
- Upload photographic evidence of your purchase and the product if you still have it.
- Choose whether you have the capacity to return the item or not.
And that's it! DoNotPay will send your request to the manufacturing company on your behalf, asking for a refund or replacement. You should hear back from the company directly with confirmation on how the refund/replacement will be issued or the next steps to get the item repaired.
Do I Immediately Get a Recall If I Report My Product?
Just because you looked over the pet foods recall list and made your claim, it doesn't mean you'll get approved for any compensation. You have to show significant proof that you used the item in question and it was purchased within the recall dates or meets all qualifications. DoNotPay works with you to ensure you have the right details, giving you the best chance at getting your money back.
What Else Should I Do After Learning About a Dog Food Recall?
Before making your claim, make sure you take a few steps to ensure your dog's health. You'll also want to consider your own health as well.
- Clean out your dog's food and water bowls with hot water and soap.
- Place the contaminated food and packaging in a separate bag and place it out of reach.
- Wash your hands with soap and water.
- Take your pet to the vet if they ate any of the recalled food or start experiencing unusual symptoms.
- Monitor yourself for unusual symptoms and see a doctor if you notice anything strange.
Why Use DoNotPay to Claim a Cat or Dog Food Recall?
It's important to know about cat and dog food recalls. To find information promptly and get your claim set up fast, DoNotPay is the way to go. They also keep you notified of the latest recall alerts so you can ensure you aren't allowing your pet to eat food that's been contaminated or tampered with in any way.
DoNotPay Helps You Find and Claim Recalls on All Products
While DoNotPay does provide dog food recall listings, they also handle so much more. You can find recalls on any and all products. Whether you're trying to make a claim for Peloton, Tyson chicken, or sunscreen, DoNotPay has you covered. Here are just a few more of the types of product recalls we've handled:
|Medical and Exercise Equipment