How Do I Check on Recalls by VIN?
Currently, millions of cars on the road have open recalls, but their owners have no idea, and others ignore the recalls. To be safe, you need to keep checking if your vehicle has a recall. It's almost impossible for a manufacturer to contact everyone about recalls, especially for older vehicles.
Did you know you can check for vehicle recalls by vehicle identification number (VIN)? Every vehicle has a unique VIN. It's good to keep checking if your vehicle has an open recall, but it is a major hassle for a busy person.
It is easy to forget to check for recalls, which is a danger to you and your loved ones, out of everything you need to do. Whether or not you know if there is an open recall affecting your vehicle, there is a much easier way to check for recalls by VIN. DoNotPay is the world's first robot lawyer and makes checking for vehicle recalls easier and streamlines claim processes.
How Do I Make a Claim for Vehicle Recalls by VIN?
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHSTA) provides you with a way of checking for an open safety recall on your vehicle on their website.
- Enter your 17-character VIN on the NHTSA tool on their website. The VIN is located on the lower left of your vehicle's windshield. You can also find the VIN on your vehicle's registration or your insurance card.
- Manufacturers may put out open recalls on safety issues. In this case, they notify the NHTSA 60 days before they notify registered vehicle owners by mail with an appropriate issue remedy.
- The NHTSA monitors the recalls to ensure you get free, effective, and safe remedies from vehicle manufacturers.
- The manufacturer notifies you via email, and you should follow the safety guidelines they provide. Contact your local dealer for free repairs.
The tool will also show any vehicle recall in the past fifteen years. These include safety recalls from the primary vehicle, motorbike, or some medium or heavy truck manufacturers.
|Complaint||The NHTSA records your complaint in its car recall database and removes all personal identifying details. If they receive other complaints from other motorists on the same issue, this triggers an investigation.|
|Investigation||The NHTSA investigates safety defects. They close the investigations after notifying the manufacturer of any recall recommendations. The investigation closes if they also do not identify any safety-related defects. If your car has a recall, you need to locate a dealer for the recommended remedy.|
This process from your complaint to investigation and recall is time-consuming. DoNotPay makes the process easier, faster, and more successful.
Checking for Safety Recalls On Your Vehicle with Our Car Recall Monitor
If you own a motor vehicle, whether used or new, you must check for safety recalls. Driving a recalled vehicle can lead to fatal accidents.
How the Car Recall Monitor works:
- Enter your vehicle information, including the make, model, and year.
- We'll automatically check against the NHTSA database to see if your vehicle has been affected by any recalls.
- We'll generate a report summarizing all of the recalls, including the recalled date, NHTSA campaign number, required remediations, and more.
Schedule Car Dealership Appointments to Repair Recalled Vehicles
Sometimes you might not receive the recall notification from NHTSA, especially if your car is older or was purchased second-hand. You should take it upon yourself to check if the vehicle has a safety recall for the safety of you and your loved ones.
If your vehicle has been recalled, you're entitled to a free repair!
Regardless of whether it's a used or new car, you can use the DoNotPay Car Recall Repair product to schedule an appointment at your local car dealership and get your vehicle repaired.
How the Car Recall Repair Product works:
- Enter your vehicle information, including the make, model, and year
- Tell us about the recall and which part of the vehicle is impacted
- Enter the car dealership you want to visit or let us contact the closest one near you
- Enter the ideal date(s) and time(s) you want to schedule your appointment
- Enter your VIN.
And that's all there is! DoNotPay will contact your local dealership to request an appointment and ask them to repair your vehicle for free. With DoNotPay, this process becomes faster, easier, and more successful.
You do not need to spend a lot of time checking whether your car has a recall every time you buy a vehicle. We make the process much faster, and all you need to do is wait for the call for you to take your vehicle for repairs.
What Can DoNotPay Do to Help?
DoNotPay makes it quick and easy to look up recalls and claim your rightful repairs, replacements, and refunds. Here are a few more types of recalls we can help you with:
- Recalls by VIN
- Tyson chicken recall
- Metformin recall
- Neutrogena sunscreen recall
- Peloton recall
- California recalls
- Dog food recall
- Sunscreen recall
- Hot Pocket recall
- Philips CPAP recall
What Else Can DoNotPay Help With?
Here at DoNotPay, we make it our business to make life easier, save you money, and help keep you safe. We offer a wide variety of quick, easy services to resolve little issues and annoying expenses.
Don't have time to deal with paperwork? Need to cross items off your list without spending all afternoon on the phone? DoNotPay can help.